[Script Tweak] VenomSide tweak optimization for CM7 [added fix]

Search This thread

ashok_jigsaw

Dec 31, 2011
Chennai
Lol. When I look at all these people who support a buggy product and a egoistic dev, I think iFan boys are better. LMAO.

And for your information, I am a J2EE developer in India's second best IT company. I have never released a buggy product into production. Testing is the most important phase of development and if a dev is not able to debug his own code, he must be something else.

P.S I already know the list of comments that ll follow. I am least bothered. ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND WITH BUGGY SCRIPTS, LADIES

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Feb 22, 2012
Imus, Cavite
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 4a 5G
If you follow the discussion in slaid's topic with his new tweak i think you will know why people say these things..

Nah, He won't understand that. All they understand is that the scripts are working good because of the person who made it. Those are just common sense but they can't understand that. :D

VRD1

Jan 26, 2012
Mistakes are all done by humans because only humans do the mistakes. So forget about and comment on this script so that author perform better for you

Doo:DAce

Dec 23, 2011
Vigan,Ilocos Sur
Lol. When I look at all these people who support a buggy product and a egoistic dev, I think iFan boys are better. LMAO.

And for your information, I am a J2EE developer in India's second best IT company. I have never released a buggy product into production. Testing is the most important phase of development and if a dev is not able to debug his own code, he must be something else.

P.S I already know the list of comments that ll follow. I am least bothered. ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND WITH BUGGY SCRIPTS, LADIES

Dude, I don't care what company you're in but I do care about respect of other's work. They work for free and you don't pay them so If u don't wanna use the script just STFU and don't use it :mad:

Reactions: -RDR-

ashok_jigsaw

Dec 31, 2011
Chennai
Dude, I don't care what company you're in but I do care about respect of other's work. They work for free and you don't pay them so If u don't wanna use the script just STFU and don't use it :mad:

Have you ever asked slaid why he used # in most of the places in his script. ? And he said that command is used to launch the script. Is # meant to be a comment in Unix?

Teflon_

Jun 19, 2011
I want to know if this script works or not and how its works because i can't flash this right now. But the only things that i can read are only SPAM MESSAGES! cmon guys, lets talk about this tweak only!

Reactions: Radon7

gengi

Jan 9, 2011
3 post pages and 2 is talking about slaids script??
I think this developer deservs other thing. Lets talk about Venom script.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I like that he has made a uninstall script. That is usefull.
Others devs should think about that. :)

Reactions: djsky2011

gengi

Jan 9, 2011
Can someone please give feedback on THIS script and STOP talk about others scripts??
Others scripts have others posts were you can scream about. Go there.
Please lets talk about this one.

dragonnn

Oct 16, 2011
Code:
Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory
Disable logcat? I think it's not really useful, most user don't need it, but not all. I think changing this:
Code:
if [ -e /dev/log/main ]
then
  rm -f /dev/log/main
fi
Code:
if test -e /dev/log/main && test ! -e /data/logcat 
then
  rm -f /dev/log/main
fi
And add an info to first post that say for user which need logcat to get it working create the /data/logcat file.

iandol

Jan 23, 2012
London
saigetshu: do you know whether your sqlite has been compiled statically or dynamically? sqlite3 without sqlite libraries can break. I haven't checked your code, but I can tell you Turboboost which contained sqlite3 would break sqlite3 on CM based ROMS because it failed to copy the libraries and sqlite was not statically compiled. Engengis used to do the same but redmaner fixed this bug...

What redmaner did with Engengis was conditionally install sqlite3 -- don't have time to test your code, but you should only install sqlite3 if it is not present on a users system:

https://github.com/iandol/Engengis/blob/master/include/system/bin/engengis.sh#L201

Oh, and disabling logcat should be optional -- many app developers depend on user reports via logcat to help them fix bugs...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you follow the discussion in slaid's topic with his new tweak i think you will know why people say these things..

Nah, He won't understand that. All they understand is that the scripts are working good because of the person who made it. Those are just common sense but they can't understand that. :D

Can someone please give feedback on THIS script and STOP talk about others scripts??
    Others scripts have others posts were you can scream about. Go there.
    Please lets talk about this one.
    Exactly..! I think he's made the most number of scripts for SGA.. Just dont compare like that! :mad:

So you are saying quantity matters more than quality?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA
    because they are just bloody noobs :D they lack the knowledge to tweak their phones and vent out their frustation on great Devs!!! these noobs i tell u :D :D :(