Question Scrolling issues

Search This thread

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
so the scrolling problems you were having before the update have good? was it the typical sticky scrolling that was widely reported you were having? which update are you on, main or beta?
Come to think of it, I had since the beginning. Now im thinking it is not a bug at all. The home screens move one at a time, in other words I have to scroll again to move on to the next screen. By design maybe? In recent apps scroll, one flick and the apps fly by without needed a second or third swipe.

Last edited:

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Like many people here, I had this inconsistent, sticky scrolling which would appear randomly but ongoing.

November update perhaps made it a bit better, but it was still there.

Now, since a few days it is completely gone. Without be doing anything particular.

Can someone relate?

Reactions: jericho246

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Like many people here, I had this inconsistent, sticky scrolling which would appear randomly but ongoing.

Now, since a few days it is completely gone. Without be doing anything particular.

Can someone relate?

Actually, now you mention it I've noticed it's no longer there too. Maybe others can confirm.

I believe some people returned their device because of this, which is ridiculous as it was always something that could be fixed with a software update.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Can someone relate?

I think it's still there for me, but somehow it feels less 'sticky' than before. however I did apply a screen protector a few days ago, so maybe that's causing some inconsistent scrolling.

Bay Harbor Butcher

Nov 26, 2009
I'm running the November update and Nova Launcher..I don't remember of this scrolling issue since I updated to the last build.
What is annoying me is the back swipe (most of times it vibrates 2 times I don't know why) and the double tap on the back to activate the flashlight, It's not working. Waiting for many fixes..

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm running the November update and Nova Launcher..I don't remember of this scrolling issue since I updated to the last build.
What is annoying me is the back swipe (most of times it vibrates 2 times I don't know why) and the double tap on the back to activate the flashlight, It's not working. Waiting for many fixes..

Are you using a phone case?
I noticed the taps need to be a lot harder with a case

niko26

May 5, 2010
I have the impression that this is very noticeable once then phone enters power saving state.

Scrolling gets sticky. This didn't happen on the Pixel 6 Pro for me.

smlkat

May 21, 2014
to temporary fix, disable the double tap, reboot, re-enable it.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm starting to wonder whether perhaps this is a hardware issue

I can't see how it could be, or at least I can't see how it can't be overcome. An issue with no recognition of touch or swipe would be one thing, and could easily be a hardware issue. But this isn't a case of unrecognised touches and swipes, it's non-standard behaviour when that swipe recognition takes place.

Still believe it's software, and can be fixed. How fast Google do this or if they do it at all is another matter.

Tracker31

Nov 21, 2015
OnePlus Nord
Google Pixel 7 Pro
there is new idea of workaround with sticky scrolling and it looks like working for many peoples:

if you are rooted and you can get su in terminal emulator on phone and write:

settings put secure long_press_timeout 401

and if you want if it applied correctly u can write in terminal

settings get secure long_press_timeout

reply is it working for you. For me it seems better

whatsisnametake2

Sep 15, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 6 Pro
there is new idea of workaround with sticky scrolling and it looks like working for many peoples:

thanks for the info. is there a thread somewhere where this idea originated from?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    reports on reddit that qpr2 beta1 fixed the scrolling issue. anyone?
    The January update fixed most of my scrolling issues. I was getting really frustrated with it, so Im happy it helped.
    Coming from a Pixel 6 Pro, scrolling definitely feels weird. I don't like it.

having done some more testing side by side with the 6 pro, the 7 pro scrolling in general is way way less smooth and consistent. it's a jerky mess. what appears to be to all intents and purposes the same level of flick, can produce wildly different results. it's pretty ludicrous. it's a shame because I had pretty much decided to keep the 7. but this scrolling makes the whole experience using the phone much less pleasant.
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I've tried different combos (FHD + Screen Protector On, QHD + Off etc etc)... none of them seems to work flawlessly. I've only started 'playing around' with the device for 2 days now and that was one of the first things I noticed.

I am still using my Oneplus 7T Pro as my daily, so I switch back and forth the devices, and the difference is stark.

There is no doubt the scrolling experience is different from those two devices.
    Apparently it's a known issue. https://www.androidpolice.com/google-pixel-7-pro-scrolling-issues/

I'm still returning the phone, battery life is terrible. Around 1hr of SOT and I have 68%. I'll probably go with the 14 pro max. I love the software of the pixel, but the hardware leaves a lot to be desired.
    Yeah, I came from a 13 pro max and the scrolling was flawless. I feel like I have to keep my finger on the screen to finish a swipe on the pixel, it's pretty annoying.