Scrolling smoothness

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones exhibit choppy scrolling, especially when navigating long web pages when multiple apps are running in the background. Rate this thread to express how you smooth scrolling feels on the OnePlus 3 under such conditions. A higher rating indicates that scrolling is always buttery smooth, even when you're reading a 10,000 word article on "how to kiss a girl".

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: Polishow

ABotelho23

Jun 1, 2013
Ottawa
The only place I've experienced stutter is in Google Inbox, when opening a message; from my understanding that's more Google's fault.

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
13010046,width%3D178,height%3D178.png

prile97

Apr 25, 2012
Vodice
Got scrolling lag rarely only when browsing, not in any other app. This is browsers fault, so i don't count it as a minus.

multi_rom_user

Oct 27, 2013
Great

Never an issue with scrolling, whether running a stock/ rooted stock/ or a custom rom. Simply amazing.

mj_diamond

Dec 11, 2016
Got scrolling lag rarely only when browsing, not in any other app. This is browsers fault, so i don't count it as a minus.

I have this problem too, but it's really noticeable in Google Play store, like little jumps/stutters when i scroll keeping my finger on the screen, touching it (like moving the screen up or down, in "medium" speed)

Could you please check if this happens to you too? i'm worried i might have some touch issue

Renosh

Aug 2, 2014
Thanks! is it normal if it happens in almost all the apps? like the Gallery app (oneplus stock one), as i said, you notice it if you hold your finger on the screen while scrolling, and don't release it
I don't think that's normal. I only experience lag on Google Chrome all other apps are butter smooth, not noticing any lag on Gallery app.

mj_diamond

Dec 11, 2016
Last edited:

mj_diamond

Dec 11, 2016
Yep noticed it aswell, its a google play store thing, just they way how the app handles scrolling. My dad's phone has it aswell and thats not a Oneplus.

Thank you so much buddy, i'm glad to hear that i don't have a hardware issue or something, as you say it's noticeable in the Google Play store and in Chrome (as shown in the video) and also in other apps (like the gallery) but it's minimal in those, that's why i was worried

In other thread some users said that Nougat beta is way smoother, i hope that's the case =) i'll be waiting for OTA then

Thank you so much again for your time

mj_diamond

Dec 11, 2016
Same here, probably play store issue. Choppy af.

Thank you! yeah in Play store and Chrome it's quite noticeable, in other apps it's just a bit

I'm wondering if the touch latency issue of OP3/T might be related, i know it's not the same thing, not the direct cause, but it might have something to do with it

Thanks again

psdl

Dec 7, 2011
I got the same and noticed when i open the top menu in e.g. play store with two fingers and then scroll again it is smooth until i close the app again. It has something to do with a failure in vsync. But i didn't found a solution.

xythiii

Nov 5, 2013
Thank you! yeah in Play store and Chrome it's quite noticeable, in other apps it's just a bit

I'm wondering if the touch latency issue of OP3/T might be related, i know it's not the same thing, not the direct cause, but it might have something to do with it

Thanks again

Yeah thats touch latency, you adress this issue on oneplus forum., Wait for any update......

sid_singla

Feb 15, 2017
Facing scrolling issues on my one plus phone 3T. Ver laggy. Had bought it in Feb starting.

Last edited:

Darkweb_182

Account currently disabled
Jul 5, 2017
GB
meettomy.site
I experience lagginess on chrome and chrome like browsers like kiwi and brave when scrolling through Google search results! The lag is lesser on lighter browsers like Via. It's so weird. Does any one else experience this?
And I've some choppiness on Google maps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some phones exhibit choppy scrolling, especially when navigating long web pages when multiple apps are running in the background. Rate this thread to express how you smooth scrolling feels on the OnePlus 3 under such conditions. A higher rating indicates that scrolling is always buttery smooth, even when you're reading a 10,000 word article on "how to kiss a girl".

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Thanks guys, i made this video to show the problem, could you please check it and let me know if my "stutter/lag" is normal? i would really really appreciate it:

Thank you!

Yep noticed it aswell, its just how some app handle scrolling I guess. My dad's phone has it aswell and thats not a Oneplus.