SD card unexpectedly removed

Search This thread

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
Just received my unlocked 10, t-mobile. Put my 128gb sandisk card in and it works fine, but I keep getting a notification that the SD card is unexpectedly removed. Tried reseating it, still get it. Anyone else?

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
It worked fine the other day, I've had it for awhile. I think I'll try a reformat and see what happens. I'll let you guys know. Thanks.

Ravenmtx

Aug 23, 2010
My PNY 128GB has been doing that too. It would show the message and when I check on it, sure enough, it's unmounted. So I took it out and formatted it in another phone and it's slightly better. I get the unmounted message, but the card stays mounted. I'll probably try a different card tomorrow.

Ravenmtx

Aug 23, 2010
@dottat @protoadies01 Is it possible for you guys to provide the exact model numbers for your Samsung cards for comparison sake? It may help rule out defective device and/or card. My PNY card is the P-SDUX128U160G-GE model.

Ravenmtx

Aug 23, 2010
Update: I bought a Sandisk 64GB. Model #SDSQUSC-064G-AN6TN. No problems at all

Howdo i format the card before I insert it as I would like to copy stuff onto it. Guessing exfat but what allocation size?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA-Developers mobile app

exFAT Default allocation should be fine, but you can just format it in the phone. If you run into issues, try FAT32. If you still run into issues, try another card.

Ravenmtx

Aug 23, 2010
My pny only gave me problems when I was writing a lot or something big to the card.

jvoelcker

Jun 5, 2006
I have a Lexar Professional 128GB Class 10 and am now getting the same problem.

It has been fine all week but all of a sudden from yesterday morning it has started playing up.

I have tried RE seating and it works for a little while then complains.

I have also found just restarting wakes the card up for a little while so am wondering if it is software related rather than physical?

jvoelcker

Jun 5, 2006
I don't know, I did a full reformat on my laptop, then formatted it on my phone and haven't had any problems since.
Did you reformat as internal memory or just a standard format?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

I don't know, I did a full reformat on my laptop, then formatted it on my phone and haven't had any problems since.
I just tried reformatting mine in my phone as internal memory, but it is failing to recognise the card as U3 which it is supposed to be.

Reactions: mishka18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My PNY 128GB has been doing that too. It would show the message and when I check on it, sure enough, it's unmounted. So I took it out and formatted it in another phone and it's slightly better. I get the unmounted message, but the card stays mounted. I'll probably try a different card tomorrow.
    I put a 200gb sandisk on my htc 10 and no problems so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Did you reformat as internal memory or just a standard format?

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

I just tried reformatting mine in my phone as internal memory, but it is failing to recognise the card as U3 which it is supposed to be.

After reformatting the slow way not quick format and copying everything back I have not had 1 issue. By now it would have given errors. I'll keep updated in about a week.

HTC 10
    Same here, over a week with no issues