Sd Corrupt Solved - Essential fix for the Artemis

Search This thread

hays

Apr 23, 2006
Now that i've seen it on the htc site, i've now installed the fix. So far so good

Does this mean we are less likely to get an upgrade to WM6 from o2 if the upgrade no longer covers this problem

Paul

kachoperro

Sep 10, 2006
kachoperro.net
WOWWWWWWWWW

I have installed the official cab, an I notice that now the start is faster.

And navigation thought directories in memory card is just instantaneous.

I hadn't the problem since February, but this patch is great

EazyVG

Jan 2, 2007
Moscow, Russia
At last .... it took HTC quite sometime for the patch to be released .... frankly not a good thing from a customer support's point of view .... still tnx to HTC.

pumv

Jan 16, 2007
At last .... it took HTC quite sometime for the patch to be released .... frankly not a good thing from a customer support's point of view .... still tnx to HTC.

Looking installed new DDL I think that thanks (with little criticism) should be given to driver maker as well: Texas Instruments who created our cool OMAP850 (and drivers for it).

I guess TI didn't do anything until HTC showed them real corrupted card (they finally could it about 3 weeks ago). Right after that TI quickly fixed card manager and voila!

paladin77

Apr 28, 2007
Beirut
www.twitter.com
What about other models ?

finally HTC solved this...i have a wizrd (qtek 100) with the same problem........installed (yea i know) the fix...as expected it doesnt work for my wizrd (even worse, it doesnt rea the card anymore)...
i had to reflash..i own a kingston 1gb card.....what do i do now ?? :( .....
did HTC release a fix for other models ? change the card for another brand ?

paladin77

Apr 28, 2007
Beirut
www.twitter.com
Thx varvocel for replying...it is exactly the same issue.....
files disappearing, becoming corrupt or unreadable...strange renaming like for instance : something.ogg would become some~1.ogg
Is there a way to port the enhancement to toher models ? why didnt HTC release it for other than the p3600 ? the issue exists also there i'm almkot positive about it ... jsut search the wizard forum if you wanna be sure ....
Suggestions ??? this is driving me crazy..i love the wizard...but this is turning my life into hell...and i bought it used (and pda's are really expensive in my country) so what can i do ??

MightyBen

May 23, 2007
NRW
I updated to WM6 yesterday. I had never any card corruption, but I'm interested in the speed increase. Is it save to install this update in WM6 too?

I just looked at the file in WM6-Windows directory. The OMAP850_SDHC.dll file in there is about 3 kb smaller so I guess this file is still an old one.

Should I install the update? Did anyone install it on WM6?

Thanks in advance!

fwt

Dec 4, 2006
Ruhrpott
Updated to WM6 (german O2 Orbit) and had no more Problems with SD Corruptions. The access speed to SD is not so bad. Then found this Thread => installed => WOW!! The Speed is incredible. Awesome. THX to the Developer of this tiny shiny DLL.
:D :D :D

xda_guy

Jan 28, 2006
Hi,

Has some one tried the patch with a T-Mobile MDA Compact III?
It is not country & carrier specific?

Viffer800

Sep 12, 2007
Hi,

Has some one tried the patch with a T-Mobile MDA Compact III?
It is not country & carrier specific?

Just did it on my T-Mobile MDA Compact III

I wasn't experiencing any SD card problems but decided to install the patch anyway. Seems to have gone without a hitch. Can't say I have seen the speed improvements reported by others but I have not encountered any problems

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Astyy

Jun 16, 2006
SD Patch for WM6?

Can anyone confirm if this patch is applicable and supported for WM6? I have installed it on a recent O2 WM6 supplied Orbit and havent noticed any speed improvement.

ROM 3.4.206.2 WWE
Radio 02.67.90