Question SD Native call recording & CSC (without rooting)

Search This thread

wildlime

Mar 2, 2014
OXM on easyfirmware

Attachments

• Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 136

gpap2004

Aug 12, 2007
But SamKey says that s22 ultra SM-S908B is not supporting! Can you guide us? Tnx

Screenshot_20220221-110754_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

efkosk

Nov 21, 2021
They write on the web that it is not supported, but it is not true. I risked it and it works! So S22u is my daily from today.

1. Turn on the developer mod
2. Enable usb debugging
3. buy credit on samkey (on the web or ebay)
4. Install SamKEY CodeReader
5. connect the phone to the PC
6. turn on samKEY, log in and change CSC.

1645435142483.png

This operation didn't seem to reset my phone. But I can't guarantee it.

screenshot of my CSC version:

1645435297076.png

1645435420456.png

I would also like to recommend the "AutoSync" application, which automatically uploads all your recorded calls to Dropbox. It all works on the S22u.
1645435530885.png

gpap2004

Aug 12, 2007
They write on the web that it is not supported, but it is not true. I risked it and it works! So S22u is my daily from today.

2. Enable usb debugging

View attachment 5542655

View attachment 5542661

View attachment 5542663

I would also like to recommend the "AutoSync" application, which automatically uploads all your recorded calls to Dropbox. It all works on the S22u.
View attachment 5542665
Thank you for your info! Just a question: can you use Google Pay without problem after CSC changing through Samkey? Because in the past with my previous s21 , Google Pay didn't work

ilpincio85

Mar 4, 2008

2. Enable usb debugging

View attachment 5542655

View attachment 5542661

View attachment 5542663

View attachment 5542665

Followed your "tutorial" and now, everything, works like a charm! Thank you

I have a watch 4 and I just found out that it does not support all the features in the Health Monitor.

Which feature are you missing? for me it seems everything is ok.

Reactions: efkosk

gpap2004

Aug 12, 2007
I great thanks to @efskok!!! I changed my EUX CSC to SEK (Ukrainian) successfully with Samkey! No data wiped! Now I have native call recording. My advice to anyone who wants to give a try ,is to try it now with the initial firmware A7 with January update. Maybe it could be impossible to change the CSC in next updates and need to downgrade.

Reactions: bagr3210 and efkosk

tomesiek

Mar 28, 2012
Hi all.
Just got mine (30 min ago). Can confirm that trick with SEK CSC work fine. Got call recording option. Now just setup, copy all settings and files.
PS:
My ultra came without screen protector - strange, lucky for me got one before phone been delivered ;-)

Reactions: efkosk and gpap2004

ilpincio85

Mar 4, 2008
I found now that I lost caller id and spam protection with SEK CSC.
It has simply disappeared from dialer settings.
How can I re-enable it? Maybe we need a different CSC in order to have call recorder and spam protection?

efkosk

Nov 21, 2021
You're right, spam protection is gone.

Other CSCs need to be tested.
These CSCs should have call recording:
BKD, EGY, ILO, INS, LYS, NPL, SEK, SLK, TUN

You're right, spam protection is gone.

Other CSCs need to be tested.
These CSCs should have call recording:
BKD, EGY, ILO, INS, LYS, NPL, SEK, SLK, TUN
Just completed the process, changing my CSC to ILO (Israel).

I can confirm that native call recording works, caller id and spam protection are still there, and no data was formatted :)

UPDATE: Samsung Health Monitor doesn't work (unavailable on your region) :(

Last edited:
Reactions: gpap2004
SEK disabled Samsung Pay, can't open the app anymore. Can you please confirm if you can launch it on ILO?
Sadly it seems that it became unavailable now, with ILO. I get to the start screen, and right away a popup saying "Samsung Pay is not admitted on your phone" :(

In my case I'm fine with it since I use Google Pay, anyway.
Any particular reason you need S Pay instead?

Reactions: behemot24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I change CSC EUX to CSC SEK following this guide: Enable native call recording on SAMSUNG Galaxy S22 by changing the CSC region using SamKEY without rooting the phone and phone updated to April 1, 2022 security version automatically, call recording works normally.
    I used this simple guide, and i change CSC EUX to SEK in less then 1 min, and everything works flawlessly. Thanx again on provided tutorial 🍻
    @ChoSmile , thanks again for your reply and help.

After sending my last message, I found the video and the website of the instructions you shared here. So while I have been asking for help here, I have also been researching at my end and not being Lazy ... LOL

Plus, I suppose I trust that people like you here because of the risks involved in bricking the phone. So asking for help here is more about getting the assurance that advice is coming from experienced people. Hope you understand and thanks again for your help.
    @ChoSmile @dr.ketan and everyone else,

Thank you for your help. I have now successfully changed my CSC to INS on my S22 Ultra DS using Samkey and everything is working fine. I had to reactivate my cards in Samsung Pay and had to add the cards again on Google Pay.

Cheers
    Only thing I am unable to find is, if there is a way to change LTE to 4G or is it purely network dependent?

4G and LTE are same thing named differently.
    I changed the CSC from EUX to SEK with the guide you posted, everything was fine!
    If one day I want to go back to EUX CSC do I have to use SamKEY again or just reset the phone to factory settings?
    In case you want to go back to EUX you can do it through Samkey with the same way you changed to SEK.

If you just only reset your phone to factory settings you continue to have SEK.

( I had EUX , now I'm on SEK and I already format my phone to factory settings and I still be on SEK 😀 )
    When you followed these steps does call recorder & Samsung works successfully?
    Yes
    At the moment call recoring:
    S22 (SM-S901x), S22+ (SM-G906x) and S22 Ultra (SM-G908x)
    * is model 1, 6 or 8
    x is region (the region have several CSCs)

SM-S90*B (europe) - Exynos - via Samkey (paid) to SEK, INS
    SM-S90*E (asia) - Snapdragon - via Samkey (paid) to XXV, THL, ILO (or via ODIN (free) flash to XID)
    SM-S90*U (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*U1 (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*W (canada) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*N (china) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*0 (korea) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    For SM-S908E (SnapDragon):
    XID is SingleCSC and do not exist in MultiCSC, so can not be changed/switched by Samkey.
    The only option to change CSC to XID is flashing with ODIN. If flash with files: BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ - it will not reset (with CSC_ instead of HOME_CSC_ phone will be factory reset)
    XID:
    - have call record,
    - do not have Samsung Pay (it have SPay but it is an Infonesian custom version with their local banks only, can not be changed with international SPay)
    - do not have internal spam, but can be used Hiya app (from PlayStore for any CSC)

These CSC are from MultyCSC - all CSC are inside the firmware - and can be switched/chaged via Samkey at the moment (methods with local SIM, modded theme, Dialer code are fixed and not work long time ago, combination firmware works but no available files for current bootloaders)

INS (India) have call record, SPay and and spam
    XXV (Vietnam) have call record, SPay, no int.spam but Hiya work
    THL have call record, spam, but SPay discontinued last year
    ILO have call record, other not sure (less updated, not every month, Jewish extra security)

All CSC installs have specific bloatware apps (some can not be uninstalled but can be disabled via PC with adb or some package disabler via phpne)

INS is better choice for E model.

---

For SM-S908B (Exynos):
    Only SEK (Ukraine) via Samkey have Call recording, no SPay, no spam, but Hiya works

---

For SM-S908 U, U1, W, N, 0 (SnapDragon):
    No know/available CSCs with call recording

Using Samkey to chage CSC to one that not exist inside the exact same (U, U1, W, N, or 0) region of MultiCSC - do nothing, just lose one Samkey credit and CSC stays same.

Flashing U, U1, W, N, 0 device via ODIN with E firmware is NOT possible because different models (even all are SnapDragon CPUs).
    Thanks for your informative reply.

So for me, my best option is to get Samkey credit and just do the simple Samkey procedure to change my CSC to INS (INDIA) ? Right?

Do you or anyone know if INS (INDIA) CSC would caused any feature to be unusable? Like Google Pay? Samsung Health with Samsung Watch? And will INS CSC have bloatware apps? Like?

And last noob question from me, does changing your phone CSC affect your phone BANDS / Frequency ?
    I am using INS (Not changed CSC but I am living in India)
    No carrier bloatware except one My Galaxy. All features like GPay,SPay,S Health,Spam Call, Call Recording are working fine
    My personal opinion about CSC changing
    1.For Non Rooted device - Go with SamKey
    2.For rooted users - Instead of changing CSC just modify your own CSC file and get desired features. OR use a ROM with preactivated features

2. Enable usb debugging

1645435142483.png

1645435297076.png

1645435420456.png

1645435530885.png
    Wheeej, successfully changed to "SEK" on "EUX" and call recording is here!