Question SD Native call recording & CSC (without rooting)

Search This thread

sbassios

Nov 2, 2014
thessaloniki
Hi again,

Well.... right after i posted that it didn't work i tried again and this time it worked!

1. did 'ADB devices'
2. started the tool, filled in SEK and pressed the "Change CSC" which gave 2 'fails' and 2 'ok'.
3. disconnected the device and reboot. CSC was changed and recording works!

Tried to go back to EUX in the same. Worked without any problems!

Bye Samkey! :)
With the first step what do you mean?reboot via samfw?
i changed the csc to SEK but recording doesnt start and it is greyd while i am talking.I tried the steps to change the csc 2 times but it didnt help.

now i have sek/sek,sek/eux/cos

Question. I have EUX Exynos, when I move to SEK I will get OTA, call recording but I will not have call id. The csc which provide me call recording and call id is INS. I will lose OTA when moving there (according to video). But what happens if I move back to EUX? Will I regain OTA?

TODI1111

Jan 5, 2013
The OTA update works fine for me. Even with the previous version, I switched from EUX to SEK and yesterday I updated my device OTA.

Jul 26, 2022
Do I understand correctly that you want to use a separate program? Why? If you change CSC, the native call recording that works best will work.
Hi there, I have a Samsung galaxy A71 (SM-715W) Canadian version.
It has XAC (CSC) meaning all the CSC within the firmware is only for Canadian carriers, unlike the international version with XOM (CSC) which is multi CSC that contains over 90 individual CSC from all over the world.

I read some places including here on the XDA forum that if I flash my device with Thailand's CSC or Indian CSC, the native call recording will be enabled.

The problem is that I don't know which software I can flash it with to get the call recording enabled.

for example, if I pick Thailand's firmware, which one exactly do I have to do it and the steps to do it

I can probably manage to read about the process of how to do it as long as someone tells me which firmware I have to download and flash it with.

I do appreciate it if you can tell me or walk me through how to do it

Thanks in advance

abbastanza

Oct 10, 2020
Moncalieri
Good evening everyone. For a few weeks now I have been the owner (I still haven't figured out if I'm happy or not) of a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Exynos SM-S908B / DS. I live in Italy and I had enabled the call recorder on my previous Huawei P30 and I was very disappointed to discover that the S22 Ultra had it disabled (in the European version). Thanks this thread, using the SamFw FRP Tool 3.1 software and with the help of this tutorial in Italian I changed the CSC easily and in a few minutes. Free of charge (unlike using SamKEY). Now my CSC looks like this:
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-16 at 23.04.13.jpeg

Everything seems to be working fine. Except the anti-spam call service. Thank you all.

saturn3000

Jul 11, 2006
Good evening everyone. For a few weeks now I have been the owner (I still haven't figured out if I'm happy or not) of a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Exynos SM-S908B / DS. I live in Italy and I had enabled the call recorder on my previous Huawei P30 and I was very disappointed to discover that the S22 Ultra had it disabled (in the European version). Thanks this thread, using the SamFw FRP Tool 3.1 software and with the help of this tutorial in Italian I changed the CSC easily and in a few minutes. Free of charge (unlike using SamKEY). Now my CSC looks like this:
View attachment 5687833
Everything seems to be working fine. Except the anti-spam call service. Thank you all.
For antispam you can use the Hiya app to download from the Play Store. Samsung antispam is based on Hiya.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For your device SM-S908E 3 options:

- Change to INS (or XXV) via SamFW FRP (free)

OR

- Change to INS (or XXV) via Samkey (paid).

OR

Download via Frija firmware for SM-S908E XID CSC
    Three are 5 files inside, you have to use only 4 of them.

Update (free) via ODIN 3.14.4 with BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ files.
    (Using HOME_CSC_ file in CSC section instead of CSC_ file will NOT reset your device. So, again, do not use CSC_... file!!!
    I'm from Sri Lanka. I'm using S22 (SM-S9**E). I tried many CSC but they do not work correctly, But after using XXV it's working perfectly fine. Thanks very much, ChoSmile for the guidance.
    can i chnage csc from xsg to eux galaxy s22 ultra??
    No.
    XSG is SM-S908E model.
    EUX is SM-S908B model.
    For SM-S908E (SnapDragon):
    XID is SingleCSC and do not exist in MultiCSC, so can not be changed/switched by Samkey.
    The only option to change CSC to XID is flashing with ODIN. If flash with files: BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ - it will not reset (with CSC_ instead of HOME_CSC_ phone will be factory reset)
    XID:
    - have call record,
    - do not have Samsung Pay (it have SPay but it is an Infonesian custom version with their local banks only, can not be changed with international SPay)
    - do not have internal spam, but can be used Hiya app (from PlayStore for any CSC)

These CSC are from MultyCSC - all CSC are inside the firmware - and can be switched/chaged via Samkey at the moment (methods with local SIM, modded theme, Dialer code are fixed and not work long time ago, combination firmware works but no available files for current bootloaders)

INS (India) have call record, SPay and and spam
    XXV (Vietnam) have call record, SPay, no int.spam but Hiya work
    THL have call record, spam, but SPay discontinued last year
    ILO have call record, other not sure (less updated, not every month, Jewish extra security)

All CSC installs have specific bloatware apps (some can not be uninstalled but can be disabled via PC with adb or some package disabler via phpne)

INS is better choice for E model.

---

For SM-S908B (Exynos):
    Only SEK (Ukraine) via Samkey have Call recording, no SPay, no spam, but Hiya works

---

For SM-S908 U, U1, W, N, 0 (SnapDragon):
    No know/available CSCs with call recording

Using Samkey to chage CSC to one that not exist inside the exact same (U, U1, W, N, or 0) region of MultiCSC - do nothing, just lose one Samkey credit and CSC stays same.

Flashing U, U1, W, N, 0 device via ODIN with E firmware is NOT possible because different models (even all are SnapDragon CPUs).
    At the moment call recoring:
    S22 (SM-S901x), S22+ (SM-G906x) and S22 Ultra (SM-G908x)
    * is model 1, 6 or 8
    x is region (the region have several CSCs)

SM-S90*B (europe) - Exynos - via Samkey (paid) to SEK, INS
    SM-S90*E (asia) - Snapdragon - via Samkey (paid) to XXV, THL, ILO (or via ODIN (free) flash to XID)
    SM-S90*U (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*U1 (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*W (canada) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*N (china) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*0 (korea) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    Bad news for people with S22 SM-S908B (Exynos) who used INS CSC (the one from E (snapdragon) model to have Call recorfing, anti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay.
    Until now we just make updates manually (BL, CP, AP, HOME_CSC) every month with any B FW (for example EUX) and were was up to date.

BUT ....

from version S908BXXU2AVH9 - Samsung removed the glitch ... so no more INS for B model ... CSC returns to EUX (or original CSC) and call recording, internal andti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay were gone.

At the moment the ONLY working CSC with Call Recording is SEK (Ukraine).

So with SEK (plus and minus):
    + Call recoeding works
    - no internal anti-spam callerID (Hiya as app can be used from playstore)
    - no SPay (the re is no working option at the meoment)
    + OTA firmware updates will work (via Setting menu).
    They write on the web that it is not supported, but it is not true. I risked it and it works! So S22u is my daily from today.

1. Turn on the developer mod
    2. Enable usb debugging
    3. buy credit on samkey (on the web or ebay)
    4. Install SamKEY CodeReader
    5. connect the phone to the PC
    6. turn on samKEY, log in and change CSC.

1645435142483.png

This operation didn't seem to reset my phone. But I can't guarantee it.

screenshot of my CSC version:

1645435297076.png

1645435420456.png

I would also like to recommend the "AutoSync" application, which automatically uploads all your recorded calls to Dropbox. It all works on the S22u.
    1645435530885.png
    Wheeej, successfully changed to "SEK" on "EUX" and call recording is here!