Question SD Native call recording & CSC (without rooting)

Search This thread

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
For antispam you can use the Hiya app to download from the Play Store. Samsung antispam is based on Hiya.
Installing Hiya will not give you the same experience. The separate Hiya has it's own dialer and is not integrated within Samsung dialer, if you use the phone dialer the notifications and info regarding calls are on top of the actual call screen and so on...
Having the integrated spam protection working is different

saturn3000

Jul 11, 2006
Installing Hiya will not give you the same experience. The separate Hiya has it's own dialer and is not integrated within Samsung dialer, if you use the phone dialer the notifications and info regarding calls are on top of the actual call screen and so on...
Having the integrated spam protection working is different
But Hiya is a good alternative if you want to have call recording. There is no possibility of having both integrated antispam and call recording for model S908B. It is only possible using a CSC not foreseen for the European firmware but OTA updates are lost.

Last edited:

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
But Hiya is a good alternative if you want to have call recording. There is no possibility of having both integrated antispam and call recording for model B. It is only possible using a CSC not foreseen for the European firmware but OTA updates are lost.
You are right on this one and it depends on what everyone needs. I don't need call recording but I would like the integrated spam protection

Reactions: gpap2004
So you want to record someone without him/her knowing and without getting consent...well that's not good either
That depends on why you are doing it and what jurisdiction you live in. Here in the UK there is no requirement for individuals to obtain consent before recording, provided that there's no malicious intent. (Rules for businesses are different).

Reactions: behemot24

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
That depends on why you are doing it and what jurisdiction you live in. Here in the UK there is no requirement for individuals to obtain consent before recording, provided that there's no malicious intent. (Rules for businesses are different).
In the countries where the function is disabled, the law doesn't allow it...that's why Samsung blocked it. Or at least this is what they say. And if phone cannot be clearly identified as of a personal or business use, they disabled it for all.

saturn3000

Jul 11, 2006
In the countries where the function is disabled, the law doesn't allow it...that's why Samsung blocked it. Or at least this is what they say. And if phone cannot be clearly identified as of a personal or business use, they disabled it for all.
This is not true, Samsung has blocked registration throughout Europe but for example in Italy it is legal to record calls if one of the interlocutors is whoever is recording but it is forbidden to spread the recording to the public.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
This is not true, Samsung has blocked registration throughout Europe but for example in Italy it is legal to record calls if one of the interlocutors is whoever is recording but it is forbidden to spread the recording to the public.
Probably in every region/country where it is something forbidden but not possible to control (you can't know for sure that someone will or not make public the recording) they just considered easier to block it entirely. Maybe is not right but you can't argue either. Only way is to change CSC as long as this still works

And the ultimate argument is that according to GDPR, consent of the other party IS required. And this is across Europe and above any speciffic laws any country would have. So even if in Itally you are allowed somehow to record calls, GDPR states that you need consent. And since this is across all EU Samsung disabled the function to avoid legal disputes.

Last edited:
Probably in every region/country where it is something forbidden but not possible to control (you can't know for sure that someone will or not make public the recording) they just considered easier to block it entirely. Maybe is not right but you can't argue either. Only way is to change CSC as long as this still works

And the ultimate argument is that according to GDPR, consent of the other party IS required. And this is across Europe and above any speciffic laws any country would have. So even if in Itally you are allowed somehow to record calls, GDPR states that you need consent. And since this is across all EU Samsung disabled the function to avoid legal disputes.
Sorry, but you are factually inaccurate on two counts.

1) If the recording of calls is blocked because it might be done illegally, then Samsung would also have to block the ability to make phone calls (because certain types of phone calls are illegal) and to access the internet (which again might be done for illegal reasons).

2) There is nothing within GDPR which prevents the recording of telephone calls, even without consent. It might be possible to breach GDPR depending on how a recording was subsequently published, but the actual ability to record the call is absolutely not prohibited by GDPR.

ChoSmile

Feb 9, 2011
Sofia
Bad news for people with S22 SM-S908B (Exynos) who used INS CSC (the one from E (snapdragon) model to have Call recorfing, anti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay.
Until now we just make updates manually (BL, CP, AP, HOME_CSC) every month with any B FW (for example EUX) and were was up to date.

BUT ....

from version S908BXXU2AVH9 - Samsung removed the glitch ... so no more INS for B model ... CSC returns to EUX (or original CSC) and call recording, internal andti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay were gone.

At the moment the ONLY working CSC with Call Recording is SEK (Ukraine).

So with SEK (plus and minus):
+ Call recoeding works
- no internal anti-spam callerID (Hiya as app can be used from playstore)
- no SPay (the re is no working option at the meoment)
+ OTA firmware updates will work (via Setting menu).

ardy2

Jun 25, 2015
I have similar situation in G780G (XEO but changed to XID) - after last OTA "About software" shows EUX/XEO instead XID and Play Store claim that device is uncertified. But... in this update Samsung changed firmware version XID vs XEO (and SEK). Currently I have G780GXXU3CVH3 but if I reflash (Odin) with XEO (or SEK) version ended ...H1 (with HOME_CSC...) phone working and marked as certified, but there is no carrier (no cellular at all). If I reflash previous version (which has identical version for XEO and XID) phone has bootloop.
Is there any chance to return to XEO (or SEK better - for call recording) without lost my config?

VR133

Sep 15, 2022
For your device SM-S908E 3 options:

- Change to INS (or XXV) via SamFW FRP (free)

OR

- Change to INS (or XXV) via Samkey (paid).

OR

Download via Frija firmware for SM-S908E XID CSC
Three are 5 files inside, you have to use only 4 of them.

Update (free) via ODIN 3.14.4 with BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ files.
(Using HOME_CSC_ file in CSC section instead of CSC_ file will NOT reset your device. So, again, do not use CSC_... file!!!
I'm from Sri Lanka. I'm using S22 (SM-S9**E). I tried many CSC but they do not work correctly, But after using XXV it's working perfectly fine. Thanks very much, ChoSmile for the guidance.

Reactions: gpap2004 and Rakaan

itad

Jan 19, 2011
Sie möchten also jemanden aufnehmen, ohne dass er/sie es weiß und ohne seine Zustimmung einzuholen … nun, das ist auch nicht gut
ich bin Handwerker bei mir rufen jeden Tag 20 bis 30 Kunden an ich kann mir nicht alles merken... da kann ich abends im Büro noch mal alles abhören und es wird nix vergessen danach wird eh wieder alles gelöscht

Brixster

Jul 26, 2022
Ok guys, I've read through every message to fully understand the process before jumping in and activating the call recording, and would appreciate any helpful comments please.

It seems the best option to change the CSC while keeping most of the Samsung functionality is to use the SM-S908E model and change to INS (India). Can someone please confirm that after doing this Samsung Pay and Caller ID Spam Filter will work in the US as it does on a native version (U) of the phone, and that the OTA updates work as usual?

I also read somewhere (minor point) that when they changed their CSC to SEK the phone dialer numbers no longer parsed with hyphens properly for US numbers. And someone else raised the question of whether using an "E" phone in the US would limit or restrict the LTE bands used for the network. So, does anyone know whether this is the case using the INS code?

Finally, I need a good source who sells the SM-S908E and would ship to the US?

Thanks!

karan_adhikari

Mar 16, 2008
Hello Everyone... Is it possible to change the CSE file in s7 edge INS SM-G935F, I am looking to have the native call recorder on it.

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For your device SM-S908E 3 options:

- Change to INS (or XXV) via SamFW FRP (free)

OR

- Change to INS (or XXV) via Samkey (paid).

OR

Download via Frija firmware for SM-S908E XID CSC
    Three are 5 files inside, you have to use only 4 of them.

Update (free) via ODIN 3.14.4 with BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ files.
    (Using HOME_CSC_ file in CSC section instead of CSC_ file will NOT reset your device. So, again, do not use CSC_... file!!!
    I'm from Sri Lanka. I'm using S22 (SM-S9**E). I tried many CSC but they do not work correctly, But after using XXV it's working perfectly fine. Thanks very much, ChoSmile for the guidance.
    For SM-S908E (SnapDragon):
    XID is SingleCSC and do not exist in MultiCSC, so can not be changed/switched by Samkey.
    The only option to change CSC to XID is flashing with ODIN. If flash with files: BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ - it will not reset (with CSC_ instead of HOME_CSC_ phone will be factory reset)
    XID:
    - have call record,
    - do not have Samsung Pay (it have SPay but it is an Infonesian custom version with their local banks only, can not be changed with international SPay)
    - do not have internal spam, but can be used Hiya app (from PlayStore for any CSC)

These CSC are from MultyCSC - all CSC are inside the firmware - and can be switched/chaged via Samkey at the moment (methods with local SIM, modded theme, Dialer code are fixed and not work long time ago, combination firmware works but no available files for current bootloaders)

INS (India) have call record, SPay and and spam
    XXV (Vietnam) have call record, SPay, no int.spam but Hiya work
    THL have call record, spam, but SPay discontinued last year
    ILO have call record, other not sure (less updated, not every month, Jewish extra security)

All CSC installs have specific bloatware apps (some can not be uninstalled but can be disabled via PC with adb or some package disabler via phpne)

INS is better choice for E model.

---

For SM-S908B (Exynos):
    Only SEK (Ukraine) via Samkey have Call recording, no SPay, no spam, but Hiya works

---

For SM-S908 U, U1, W, N, 0 (SnapDragon):
    No know/available CSCs with call recording

Using Samkey to chage CSC to one that not exist inside the exact same (U, U1, W, N, or 0) region of MultiCSC - do nothing, just lose one Samkey credit and CSC stays same.

Flashing U, U1, W, N, 0 device via ODIN with E firmware is NOT possible because different models (even all are SnapDragon CPUs).
    At the moment call recoring:
    S22 (SM-S901x), S22+ (SM-G906x) and S22 Ultra (SM-G908x)
    * is model 1, 6 or 8
    x is region (the region have several CSCs)

SM-S90*B (europe) - Exynos - via Samkey (paid) to SEK, INS
    SM-S90*E (asia) - Snapdragon - via Samkey (paid) to XXV, THL, ILO (or via ODIN (free) flash to XID)
    SM-S90*U (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*U1 (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*W (canada) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*N (china) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*0 (korea) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    Bad news for people with S22 SM-S908B (Exynos) who used INS CSC (the one from E (snapdragon) model to have Call recorfing, anti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay.
    Until now we just make updates manually (BL, CP, AP, HOME_CSC) every month with any B FW (for example EUX) and were was up to date.

BUT ....

from version S908BXXU2AVH9 - Samsung removed the glitch ... so no more INS for B model ... CSC returns to EUX (or original CSC) and call recording, internal andti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay were gone.

At the moment the ONLY working CSC with Call Recording is SEK (Ukraine).

So with SEK (plus and minus):
    + Call recoeding works
    - no internal anti-spam callerID (Hiya as app can be used from playstore)
    - no SPay (the re is no working option at the meoment)
    + OTA firmware updates will work (via Setting menu).
    They write on the web that it is not supported, but it is not true. I risked it and it works! So S22u is my daily from today.

1. Turn on the developer mod
    2. Enable usb debugging
    3. buy credit on samkey (on the web or ebay)
    4. Install SamKEY CodeReader
    5. connect the phone to the PC
    6. turn on samKEY, log in and change CSC.

1645435142483.png

This operation didn't seem to reset my phone. But I can't guarantee it.

screenshot of my CSC version:

1645435297076.png

1645435420456.png

I would also like to recommend the "AutoSync" application, which automatically uploads all your recorded calls to Dropbox. It all works on the S22u.
    1645435530885.png
    Wheeej, successfully changed to "SEK" on "EUX" and call recording is here!