Question SD Native call recording & CSC (without rooting)

Search This thread

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
For B model (SM-S90*B) only SEK CSC (Ukraine) have Call recording.
OTA works, when update relesed for the active CSC.
Internal Call ID not supported. Same service is provided as external app Hiya on any CSC.
Samsung Pay also not available in SEK.

1. Yes, KNOX not tripped, warranty preserved.
2. Yes, CSC can be changed unlimited times. (at least until Samsung decided to forbid it (like for Korean models N - SM-XxxxN).
All is correct but #2 may not be. Not always CSC can be changed unlimited times. Some unlucky people reported that when they changed CSC to some other country then in the new CSC they were not able to enter TEST mode and couldn't easily change csc again. So beware. I have no idea if they managed in the end and how.

mafijas

Oct 7, 2008
I buy S22 ultra s908B Exynos model.
Just power on, run Samfw free, replace to CSC SEK.

Call recorder works, VOLTE works too.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Is VoLTE compatibility affected by changing the CSC?
There are lines that define volte in the csc files. They are probably the same for Europe. But if there is a change in volte implementation in different countries the lines may be different and this may change the behavior.

mastabog

Oct 1, 2008
According to my observations and experiments with CSC changing on S9...22, Note9...20, A52(s) - not affected, works on any CSC, as long as there are ims/xcap APNs (some carriers requires them, at least ims).

First, many thanks for all your contributions so far - very valuable, and very generous (where do you even get so much info about various countries?)

Second, does changing CSC affect anything else, like 45 or 5G bands? Can one know in advance by looking at the contents of the files, or does one to try and test to see what is lost on each particular phone model?

I changed CSC on my S21+ 5G G996B/DS from XEU to SEK (using samfw frp tool) and now I have call recording, but I do wonder if anything else is lost (besides caller id and samsung pay)

ChoSmile

Feb 9, 2011
Sofia
First, many thanks for all your contributions so far - very valuable, and very generous (where do you even get so much info about various countries?)

Second, does changing CSC affect anything else, like 45 or 5G bands? Can one know in advance by looking at the contents of the files, or does one to try and test to see what is lost on each particular phone model?

I changed CSC on my S21+ 5G G996B/DS from XEU to SEK (using samfw frp tool) and now I have call recording, but I do wonder if anything else is lost (besides caller id and samsung pay)
I've used a lot of phones and one of the things I need the most is call recording. Before Android 9 (when there was no GDPR), there were several recording programs. After GDPR - things started to become more limited. Since the restrictions that prohibite direct access to the audio stream, some applications start using the microphone(s) (analog recording from high volume top-ear speaker or loud handsfree speaker), which also recorded the surrounding noise, where the "opposite side" in the recording being significantly quieter, therefore increasing the volume (digitally) also amplify the noises (i.e. in noisier environment - the recording was not worth it).

Since then, I mainly use Samsung devices (Note 8, 9, 10+, 20U, S21U, S22U) and I have changed the CSC region by foreign SIM card, by mofified theme, by combination firmware, by *#272*IMEI# code, and other methods that was fixed, now works only combination firmware (hard to find), by Samkey (paid) and SamFw (free).
On all of them recording is allowed in "Phone" application that records it directly from audio stream (both sides). On my phones (and many friends and colleagues with Samsung phones (a lot of S,Note,Flip,Fold,A,... series) with changed CSC regions) I (and They) have NOT notice something (some service, for example 4G, 5G, missing frequences bands, VoLTE, VoWiFi, ... ) or features that not work now but was available/working with the same version of original (different) CSC region.
If you mean some specific - ask. (For example XID also have SPay, but there are local Samsung Pay services and it is useless with non Indonesian card.)

SPay is specific and allowed only in countries where officialy available Samsung Pay (SEK Ukraine do not have Samsung Pay support), also about internal Caller ID (but if needed - can be used with Hiya app).

I've used a lot of phones and one of the things I need the most is call recording. Before Android 9 (when there was no GDPR), there were several recording programs. After GDPR - things started to become more limited.
There is nothing in GDPR which prohibits the recording of telephone calls.

Whatever the reason why Samsung and others do not allow call recording (not wanting to fall foul of the legislation regarding consent in the different jurisdictions in which their handsets are sold is my guess), it has nothing whatsoever to do with GDPR.

mastabog

Oct 1, 2008
There is nothing in GDPR which prohibits the recording of telephone calls.

Whatever the reason why Samsung and others do not allow call recording (not wanting to fall foul of the legislation regarding consent in the different jurisdictions in which their handsets are sold is my guess), it has nothing whatsoever to do with GDPR.
I think @ChoSmile referred to timing (GDPR coming into force) rather than GDPR regulations. In general *private* information that is clearly meant for you (such as emails clearly addressed only to you, or other forms of communication clearly addressed only to you) becomes your property and there is no law preventing you from doing whatever you wish with it, including publishing it (public information, or information that include personally identifiable tokens of other people apart from the the sender and yourself, is another matter). For example, those disclaimers at the end of emails that some people insist on adding, saying you are not allowed to reproduce the content of the email because of some "legal" reason have zero legal powers. Sometimes I annoy them by saying I'm not going to reply to their emails unless they remove the disclaimer as it has zero legal implications and hence it's just abuse as far as I'm concerned.

I presume Samsung simply wants to stay out of the EU commissions crosshairs, because GDPR requires you to obtain consent in case you wish to use the recording in a court of law. Anyone can record conversations whether or not Samsung allows it.

because GDPR requires you to obtain consent in case you wish to use the recording in a court of law.
Can you please show me where in the GDPR it says this? (Hint: it doesn't)

The requirements for consent to record vary in different jurisdictions, as do the regulations as to what you can do with the recordings (including whether they are admissible in court of law). The legislation can also vary depending on whether the recording is being performed by an individual or an organisation. None of this has anything whatsoever to do with GDPR.

Also, GDPR is applicable in areas outside the EU - the UK, for example.

mastabog

Oct 1, 2008
Can you please show me where in the GDPR it says this? (Hint: it doesn't)

The requirements for consent to record vary in different jurisdictions, as do the regulations as to what you can do with the recordings (including whether they are admissible in court of law). The legislation can also vary depending on whether the recording is being performed by an individual or an organisation. None of this has anything whatsoever to do with GDPR.

Also, GDPR is applicable in areas outside the EU - the UK, for example.

Maybe I should have specified - if you process EU residents' data to be used outside of the private context in which they were offered, such as for training purposes, courts of law, etc, then you are required to obtain consent (the actual requirement is a little more complicated, but boils down to you needing to put up verifiable policies that unsure consent is given): https://iapp.org/news/a/how-do-the-rules-on-audio-recording-change-under-the-gdpr/

The EU GDPR is actually not applicable or enforceable in the UK. The UK simply opted to adopt some (most) of the same stipulations under UK law, specifically the Data Protection Act of 2018, and hence one can use that to file complaints against violations of the Data Protection Act. Some refer to that part of the DPA as the "UK GDPR".

Apr 14, 2019
Bacalar, Qroo.
Its a Mexican version. What version do I have to use to have the call recorder?
Screenshot_20221211_101256_DeviceKeystring.jpg

ChoSmile

Feb 9, 2011
Sofia
Its a Mexican version. What version do I have to use to have the call recorder?
Depends of what is the phone's current Active CSC?
There are five Mexico's CSCs: TCE, TMM, UNE, ISU or MXO

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version
second line, first three lettes:

Step (1)

If TCE/...
If TMM/...
are part of OWO MultiCSC.

If UNE/...
if ISU/...
are part of OWE MultiCSC.

Non of other CSC in OWO and OWE MultiCSCs has call recording.

First need to flash with OXM MultiCSC.
Downalod (via Frija, samfw or sammobile) any of the latest version of INU, XXV or THL version.
Flash via ODIN with four files - BL_, AP_ CP_ and HOME_CSC_ files will not reset phone. (if on [CSC] section instead of HOME_CSC - CSC_ file used - it will reset phone)

If MXO/...
is part of OXM MultiCSC, so you can skip downloading and flashing (all in Step (1) ).

Step (2)
Use SamFw (free) or Samkey (paid) app to Change CSC to INU, XXV or THL.

INU has callrec, callid, spay
XXV has callrec, spay, no callid
THL has callrec, callit, no spay

if INU used first (before flash and csc change) add 3 Indian numbers to block list (otherwise 1 international sms will be sent on evety new sim/esim insirted/added:
+919560345888
+918424098931
+919176905802

Good luck :)

Reactions: [email protected]

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
wow. this is insane with 29 pages.
you do know that your phone is ABLE to download apps, right?
download CallApp v2.010 apk from website, it lets you records your incoming and outgoing calls !

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
i didn't know this is a iphone, you not allowed to sideload apps outside of play / apps store.
No one said you are not allowed to sideload apps.
All recording apps work badly now, unless you have root access. Maybe you have older Android version. Since Android 11 native call recording is the best option to have. No app, sideloaded or not, comes close. So changing csc is the way to get perfect call recording.

morgej

Nov 20, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Bad news for people with S22 SM-S908B (Exynos) who used INS CSC (the one from E (snapdragon) model to have Call recorfing, anti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay.
Until now we just make updates manually (BL, CP, AP, HOME_CSC) every month with any B FW (for example EUX) and were was up to date.

BUT ....

from version S908BXXU2AVH9 - Samsung removed the glitch ... so no more INS for B model ... CSC returns to EUX (or original CSC) and call recording, internal andti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay were gone.

At the moment the ONLY working CSC with Call Recording is SEK (Ukraine).

So with SEK (plus and minus):
+ Call recoeding works
- no internal anti-spam callerID (Hiya as app can be used from playstore)
- no SPay (the re is no working option at the meoment)
+ OTA firmware updates will work (via Setting menu).

When using the SEK CSC on an S22U model SM-S908B, is anyone having problems with their hotspot functionality?

I use samkey to set my SM-S908B to SEK CSC and using on T-Mobile US.

When I am using the hotspot on the S22U, my PC can connect to websites in a browser (Chrome/Eddge) but can not ping any internet host by name (i.e., google.com) or IP (i.e., 8.8.8.8). When using the hotspot, my PC can also not connect to my IPSEC VPN to my home.

When I use the hotspot on another phone (with the same SIM from the S22U), I can ping anything on the internet by name or IP, and can connect just fine to IPSEC VPN.

I also tried a couple of third party hotspot apps on the S22U to go around the native hotspot...and those too have the same can't ping anything on the internet and can't connect to VPN issue.

It is almost like there is a firewall running on the S22U that is blocking ping and whatever port IPSEC runs on.

Is there something about the SM-S908B or the SEK CSC that prevents the phone from passing icmp (ping) and or IPSEC? Any ideas how to fix this without root?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @ChoSmile Is there any way of having native call recording on Galaxy Watch 5 Pro (with SIM)?
    I'm not familiar with Galaxy watches.
    People change their watch's CSC to region with SPay but never heard/red about call recording option.
    Maybe try to find some India owner and ask if there is callrec option.

Some people said that CSC can be changed only once.
    Orher said tha you need local card to activate device after change.
    I'm not sure if these are true, so good luck 🍀
    @ChoSmile looking for your assistance please.

I have an S22 Ultra (SM-908E/DS) with CSC of XSG. Could I change it to INS (or XXV) without wiping the data to enable call recording? Also would the dual sim feature still work as it has two physical sims and esims.
    Thanks
    Yes to all.
    Good morning i have SM-S908E ksa latest Android 13 S908EXXS2BWA2 if I change csc to EGY to enable call recording any problems will happen to dual sim or esim thanks
    This is a snapdragon version i.e 908E/DS then I understand that you can change to one of these to enable call recording --->THL, MYM, XID, XXV, INS
    my

My current csc is BKD, i want to switch INS with my Galaxy A72 (SM-A725F). OTA update working?
    Both BKD and INS are part of same MultiCSC (ODM) for SM-A725F.
    You can change to INS via SamFw (free) or Samkey (paid) and OTA will work.
    For SM-S908E (SnapDragon):
    XID is SingleCSC and do not exist in MultiCSC, so can not be changed/switched by Samkey.
    The only option to change CSC to XID is flashing with ODIN. If flash with files: BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ - it will not reset (with CSC_ instead of HOME_CSC_ phone will be factory reset)
    XID:
    - have call record,
    - do not have Samsung Pay (it have SPay but it is an Infonesian custom version with their local banks only, can not be changed with international SPay)
    - do not have internal spam, but can be used Hiya app (from PlayStore for any CSC)

These CSC are from MultyCSC - all CSC are inside the firmware - and can be switched/chaged via Samkey at the moment (methods with local SIM, modded theme, Dialer code are fixed and not work long time ago, combination firmware works but no available files for current bootloaders)

INS (India) have call record, SPay and and spam
    XXV (Vietnam) have call record, SPay, no int.spam but Hiya work
    THL have call record, spam, but SPay discontinued last year
    ILO have call record, other not sure (less updated, not every month, Jewish extra security)

All CSC installs have specific bloatware apps (some can not be uninstalled but can be disabled via PC with adb or some package disabler via phpne)

INS is better choice for E model.

---

For SM-S908B (Exynos):
    Only SEK (Ukraine) via Samkey have Call recording, no SPay, no spam, but Hiya works

---

For SM-S908 U, U1, W, N, 0 (SnapDragon):
    No know/available CSCs with call recording

Using Samkey to chage CSC to one that not exist inside the exact same (U, U1, W, N, or 0) region of MultiCSC - do nothing, just lose one Samkey credit and CSC stays same.

Flashing U, U1, W, N, 0 device via ODIN with E firmware is NOT possible because different models (even all are SnapDragon CPUs).
    Bad news for people with S22 SM-S908B (Exynos) who used INS CSC (the one from E (snapdragon) model to have Call recorfing, anti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay.
    Until now we just make updates manually (BL, CP, AP, HOME_CSC) every month with any B FW (for example EUX) and were was up to date.

BUT ....

from version S908BXXU2AVH9 - Samsung removed the glitch ... so no more INS for B model ... CSC returns to EUX (or original CSC) and call recording, internal andti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay were gone.

At the moment the ONLY working CSC with Call Recording is SEK (Ukraine).

So with SEK (plus and minus):
    + Call recoeding works
    - no internal anti-spam callerID (Hiya as app can be used from playstore)
    - no SPay (the re is no working option at the meoment)
    + OTA firmware updates will work (via Setting menu).
    At the moment call recoring:
    S22 (SM-S901x), S22+ (SM-G906x) and S22 Ultra (SM-G908x)
    * is model 1, 6 or 8
    x is region (the region have several CSCs)

SM-S90*B (europe) - Exynos - via Samkey (paid) to SEK, INS
    SM-S90*E (asia) - Snapdragon - via Samkey (paid) to XXV, THL, ILO (or via ODIN (free) flash to XID)
    SM-S90*U (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*U1 (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*W (canada) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*N (china) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*0 (korea) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    They write on the web that it is not supported, but it is not true. I risked it and it works! So S22u is my daily from today.

1. Turn on the developer mod
    2. Enable usb debugging
    3. buy credit on samkey (on the web or ebay)
    4. Install SamKEY CodeReader
    5. connect the phone to the PC
    6. turn on samKEY, log in and change CSC.

1645435142483.png

This operation didn't seem to reset my phone. But I can't guarantee it.

screenshot of my CSC version:

1645435297076.png

1645435420456.png

I would also like to recommend the "AutoSync" application, which automatically uploads all your recorded calls to Dropbox. It all works on the S22u.
    1645435530885.png
    Wheeej, successfully changed to "SEK" on "EUX" and call recording is here!