Question SD Native call recording & CSC (without rooting)

Search This thread

tsilva30

Yes , I received ota updates regularly. Except the last one (SV1). But I update to the new firmware successful with Smart Switch , the official Samsung app . It's exynos version
just asking this because so many people (like me) didn't get OTA's after changing CSC through Samkey. specially if you change from a carrier firmware to unbranded firmware (EUX)

gpap2004

Aug 12, 2007
just asking this because so many people (like me) didn't get OTA's after changing CSC through Samkey. specially if you change from a carrier firmware to unbranded firmware (EUX)
Maybe this will happen in changes from unbranded firmware or if you set a CSC f.e from snapdragon version to exynos (as we saw for INS csc)

Yuna

Sep 27, 2008
Kyiv
bit-torrent.kiev.ua
specially if you change from a carrier firmware to unbranded firmware (EUX)
that happens when you change your CSC to region where this model isn't sold.
For example:
changing EUX (OXM) to SEK with S906B - I will still get the updates, as S906B is sold in Ukraine.
however, if I change CSC to ILO (Israel), which for some reason is in CSC files for S906B model, I will not get OTA updates, since Israel's device is S906E.

Same goes with S906U and U1.

Reactions: gpap2004

ningsp

Sep 7, 2021
Has anyone tried changing CSC via SamFW FRP tool? I want to know it's will factory reset ot not?

Attachments

• SamFWFRPtool.png
    SamFWFRPtool.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 99

Yuna

Sep 27, 2008
Kyiv
bit-torrent.kiev.ua
It highly depends on the FW version and some other, yet unknown, factors.

Two devices on the same FW - one might change, other might not.
Doesn't depend on ADB, just modem rejecting commands.

• Wow
Reactions: azlemad

saturn3000

Jul 11, 2006
I treid it, doesn't seem to work :(
Have you set up an available CSC for your model code?

If yes, try this:
1. Click on Change CSC and wait for the procedure to finish
2. Once the procedure is finished, click again on Change CSC and wait again for the procedure to finish.
3. Click Reboot and select [ADB] System

Droidphilev

Have you set up an available CSC for your model code?

If yes, try this:
1. Click on Change CSC and wait for the procedure to finish
2. Once the procedure is finished, click again on Change CSC and wait again for the procedure to finish.
3. Click Reboot and select [ADB] System
Hi again,

Well.... right after i posted that it didn't work i tried again and this time it worked!

1. did 'ADB devices'
2. started the tool, filled in SEK and pressed the "Change CSC" which gave 2 'fails' and 2 'ok'.
3. disconnected the device and reboot. CSC was changed and recording works!

Tried to go back to EUX in the same. Worked without any problems!

Bye Samkey! :)

ningsp

Sep 7, 2021
I change from THL to INS via Samfw FRP tool. Confirm it's work.

Attachments

• 2919601.png
    2919601.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: puredp1

saturn3000

Jul 11, 2006
Has anyone tried to change CSC via Samfw FRP tool to a phone which CSC had previously been changed via Samkey?
Works?

tsilva30

that happens when you change your CSC to region where this model isn't sold.
For example:
changing EUX (OXM) to SEK with S906B - I will still get the updates, as S906B is sold in Ukraine.
however, if I change CSC to ILO (Israel), which for some reason is in CSC files for S906B model, I will not get OTA updates, since Israel's device is S906E.

Same goes with S906U and U1
That's not this case.
EUX it's sold in my country.
Portugal gets S90xB EUX for unbranded S22.
However no OTA's after unbrand the device from MEO to EUX. This is common to all users who do this change through Samkey from branded CSC to unbranded

Last edited:

SHeGaRDe

Jun 30, 2022
hello everybody,

for the past 5 days I've tried every suggested solution here to change my phone CSC to XID or SEK double or triple times each. used samFW FRP, SamKEY and also the phone code method. nothing worked.

tried every single remark mentioned here like : turning off security on my phone, removing the sim cards, turning off eSim, changed the USB cables, used different PCs etc. nothing worked.

both SamKEY and SamFW FRP showed me that the operation successful but the CSC still not changed.
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 2.00.36 AM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 2.00.36 AM (3).jpeg

the only solution i didn't use is flashing New Indonesian XID ROM through Odin. and i don't want to do that yet because i don't want to go through the whole process of formatting and reinstalling all my apps and data etc.

my phone info is :
Galaxy S22 Ultra 512gb , SM-S908E/DS, OXM_XSG_12_0010, XSG/XSG, XSG/XSG/XSG
android security patch 1 June 2022.

any help is appreciated.

thank you.

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
hello everybody,

for the past 5 days I've tried every suggested solution here to change my phone CSC to XID or SEK double or triple times each. used samFW FRP, SamKEY and also the phone code method. nothing worked.

tried every single remark mentioned here like : turning off security on my phone, removing the sim cards, turning off eSim, changed the USB cables, used different PCs etc. nothing worked.

both SamKEY and SamFW FRP showed me that the operation successful but the CSC still not changed.View attachment 5649749 View attachment 5649751

the only solution i didn't use is flashing New Indonesian XID ROM through Odin. and i don't want to do that yet because i don't want to go through the whole process of formatting and reinstalling all my apps and data etc.

my phone info is :
Galaxy S22 Ultra 512gb , SM-S908E/DS, OXM_XSG_12_0010, XSG/XSG, XSG/XSG/XSG
android security patch 1 June 2022.

any help is appreciated.

thank you.
XID and SEK will not work with your device. XID is not part of the OXM multiCSC (which your device has). SEK is not part of the S90xE model at all (it's in S90xB with Exynos).

If you want XID you can just install the full Indonesian firmware with Odin, for free.

Reactions: SHeGaRDe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @FelixBreeze

U and U1 are US models.
    U1 is free non operator branded device.
    U us operarator branded, most probably locked to specific operator (but also there is non locked devices).

Some older models allowa U/U1 cross flash but newer have disallow it unless root but... too much pronkrms.

OXM, OJM, ODM.. . are MultiCSC for European/Asian devices.

IIf you try to flash B or E firmware to U/U1 device it IS NOT POSSIBLE! If you try with modded ODIN - device will become brick.

For LAST time:
    Specify EXACT model (SM-all leters) to receive adequate and accurate answer.
    Current firmware version and what you want to achieve will be excellent if you want to save time (yours and ours).
    @ChoSmile @DaOldMan @billa

Models: SM-A546B, SM-A236U

As per your instructions there's no chance to enable call recording feature on these. I was digging this topic earlier because I want to get a new phone that can enable call recording.

Thank you so much for your advice and valuable time.

PS: Please let me know if you find any csc that can enable call recording on SM-A546B.
    There is no CSC with Call Recording feature available for both models (SM-A546B & SM-A236U). There is no option with flash with files from different model to enable it.

The only way is root but it comes with different problems, security app limitations,... if at all a suitable way is found to root the model(s) with the current firmware versions.
    Hi ChoSmile, thank you being supportive and continuing the legacy of developers community.
    I used to create ROMS for HTC devices in 2009 to 2011 then later I shifted to Apple in 2014. After 10 years of being into apple community, I recently purchased S24 Ultra. A kind of come back. I started by Android journey with HTC HD2.

well short story, I bought this S24U from Thailand THL but my main location is India. I can see that everything works fine in my S24U, but I think the most famous feature of Samsung Pay is missing.

1) To get this feature, is this safe to flash CSC of INS over THL? I have checked both the countries have latest firmware of AXCA (full versions).

2) Will I get OTA updates in future after flashing?

Before I jump into ADB codes (ah what a sweet time it was and what a sweet time is today) just thought to check with you, after reading all your post. Wonderful job mate. cheers !!
    1. No need to flash (they are same (see md5s), flash even will not change anything), just use SamFw to switch (change CSC).

2. Yes, OTA will work.
    Hey, Do you know the updated csc list that enables call recording?

Should I concern about the AP version when flash the firmware?
    INS, THL, XXV, SEK, ILO, EGY, ILP, ZTO ... may be others also but DEPENDS of EXACT model SM-XnnnY and region (Y).
    No need to flash, it is made only if your current and desired CSCs are different. (Only XID is single CSC and can be changed by flash.
    What about OTA updates after csc change?
    Does the AP version matter if I have to change the firmware?
    It is all about OTA.
    Everything matters.
    When you need to flash - its have to be all files (BL, AP, CP and HOME_CSC) of SAME firmware.
    If you flash only AP of different version - OTA will be broken.

Again, CSC change do NOT requires anything to flash.
    Bad news for people with S22 SM-S908B (Exynos) who used INS CSC (the one from E (snapdragon) model to have Call recorfing, anti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay.
    Until now we just make updates manually (BL, CP, AP, HOME_CSC) every month with any B FW (for example EUX) and were was up to date.

BUT ....

from version S908BXXU2AVH9 - Samsung removed the glitch ... so no more INS for B model ... CSC returns to EUX (or original CSC) and call recording, internal andti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay were gone.

At the moment the ONLY working CSC with Call Recording is SEK (Ukraine).

So with SEK (plus and minus):
    + Call recoeding works
    - no internal anti-spam callerID (Hiya as app can be used from playstore)
    - no SPay (the re is no working option at the meoment)
    + OTA firmware updates will work (via Setting menu).
    For SM-S908E (SnapDragon):
    XID is SingleCSC and do not exist in MultiCSC, so can not be changed/switched by Samkey.
    The only option to change CSC to XID is flashing with ODIN. If flash with files: BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ - it will not reset (with CSC_ instead of HOME_CSC_ phone will be factory reset)
    XID:
    - have call record,
    - do not have Samsung Pay (it have SPay but it is an Infonesian custom version with their local banks only, can not be changed with international SPay)
    - do not have internal spam, but can be used Hiya app (from PlayStore for any CSC)

These CSC are from MultyCSC - all CSC are inside the firmware - and can be switched/chaged via Samkey at the moment (methods with local SIM, modded theme, Dialer code are fixed and not work long time ago, combination firmware works but no available files for current bootloaders)

INS (India) have call record, SPay and and spam
    XXV (Vietnam) have call record, SPay, no int.spam but Hiya work
    THL have call record, spam, but SPay discontinued last year
    ILO have call record, other not sure (less updated, not every month, Jewish extra security)

All CSC installs have specific bloatware apps (some can not be uninstalled but can be disabled via PC with adb or some package disabler via phpne)

INS is better choice for E model.

---

For SM-S908B (Exynos):
    Only SEK (Ukraine) via Samkey have Call recording, no SPay, no spam, but Hiya works

---

For SM-S908 U, U1, W, N, 0 (SnapDragon):
    No know/available CSCs with call recording

Using Samkey to chage CSC to one that not exist inside the exact same (U, U1, W, N, or 0) region of MultiCSC - do nothing, just lose one Samkey credit and CSC stays same.

Flashing U, U1, W, N, 0 device via ODIN with E firmware is NOT possible because different models (even all are SnapDragon CPUs).
    At the moment call recoring:
    S22 (SM-S901x), S22+ (SM-G906x) and S22 Ultra (SM-G908x)
    * is model 1, 6 or 8
    x is region (the region have several CSCs)

SM-S90*B (europe) - Exynos - via Samkey (paid) to SEK, INS
    SM-S90*E (asia) - Snapdragon - via Samkey (paid) to XXV, THL, ILO (or via ODIN (free) flash to XID)
    SM-S90*U (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*U1 (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*W (canada) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*N (china) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*0 (korea) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    They write on the web that it is not supported, but it is not true. I risked it and it works! So S22u is my daily from today.

1. Turn on the developer mod
    2. Enable usb debugging
    3. buy credit on samkey (on the web or ebay)
    4. Install SamKEY CodeReader
    5. connect the phone to the PC
    6. turn on samKEY, log in and change CSC.

1645435142483.png

This operation didn't seem to reset my phone. But I can't guarantee it.

screenshot of my CSC version:

1645435297076.png

1645435420456.png

I would also like to recommend the "AutoSync" application, which automatically uploads all your recorded calls to Dropbox. It all works on the S22u.
    1645435530885.png
    Wheeej, successfully changed to "SEK" on "EUX" and call recording is here!