Question SD Native call recording & CSC (without rooting)

Search This thread

sbam6980

Jan 24, 2023
Bangladesh
INS release January update 23-01-2023. But still i didn't get it. why?
Will i need to flash ins firmware?
Is it changed to INS?
Settings > About phone > Software information > Software provider...
What is written on both lines?

You can flash with Odin - BL_, AP_, CP_, HOME_CSC_ files of latest INS (HOME_CSC_ will not reset data).

Yes it is change to INS. But OTA didn't received. If i flash INS firmware with Odin, ota received?
If you provide the both lines - I can be more specific about OTA.
About flash - if you flash with latest, when newer comes will see. If you flash with previous - you can see now if OTA with lates comes. But again both lines needed to answer you.

sbam6980

Jan 24, 2023
Bangladesh
If you provide the both lines - I can be more specific about OTA.
About flash - if you flash with latest, when newer comes will see. If you flash with previous - you can see now if OTA with lates comes. But again both lines needed to answer you.
Service provider software version
SAOMC_SM-A725F_ODM_INS_13_0006
INS/BKD,BKD/BKD

Please tell me which OTA will come with my device? INS or BKD?
(I USING BKD REGION SIM CARD)

Beji-kun

Jan 28, 2023
Hey guys I buy Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus version EU - Exynos chipset. [SM-S906B] - Czech republic.
And am curios how enebled call recording with full work - OTA update(andorid and security patch), Working SPay/GPay, Working CallID
Which CSU I need set ? And its okay to the warranty when phone fail to service?
Thanks

Service provider software version
SAOMC_SM-A725F_ODM_INS_13_0006
INS/BKD,BKD/BKD

Please tell me which OTA will come with my device? INS or BKD?
(I USING BKD REGION SIM CARD)
INS is Active. Will receive OTA when INS release new firm.

What is the current firm?
...WA2, ...VJB or earlier?

If it is. ..VJB ir earlier - download INS ...VJB and flash. Then update from tne OTA menu will work.

Hey guys I buy Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus version EU - Exynos chipset. [SM-S906B] - Czech republic.
And am curios how enebled call recording with full work - OTA update(andorid and security patch), Working SPay/GPay, Working CallID
Which CSU I need set ? And its okay to the warranty when phone fail to service?
Thanks
The only CSC with call recording for Exyn9s S22 (SM-S90xB) series is SEK. And it have no internal CallerID and no SPay. You can use CallerID as external app: Hiya (from PlayStore). No Workaround for SPay (at least until on bank of SEK (Ukraine) add Samsung Pay support)
OTA, GPay, VoLTE, VoWiFi, 4G, 5G works fine.

sbam6980

Jan 24, 2023
Bangladesh
INS is Active. Will receive OTA when INS release new firm.

What is the current firm?
...WA2, ...VJB or earlier?

If it is. ..VJB ir earlier - download INS ...VJB and flash. Then update from tne OTA menu will work.
My current firm is ..VJB.
INS released...WA2 latest firmware but i didn't get it. Why? And What should I do for getting OTA update?

Beji-kun

Jan 28, 2023
The only CSC with call recording for Exyn9s S22 (SM-S90xB) series is SEK. And it have no internal CallerID and no SPay. You can use CallerID as external app: Hiya (from PlayStore). No Workaround for SPay (at least until on bank of SEK (Ukraine) add Samsung Pay support)
OTA, GPay, VoLTE, VoWiFi, 4G, 5G works fine.
What means CallerID dont work ? Its means internal app for cals or what specific? I see on the reddit but I dont understand so much. Thanks fow letting me know :)

What means CallerID dont work ? Its means internal app for cals or what specific? I see on the reddit but I dont understand so much. Thanks fow letting me know :)
If phone number is in Contacts - it is shown fine.

It is feature for unknown numbers.
CallerID is an option when some unknown number (not in Contactd) call - phone search via Internet and shows "who is" before even answer, so you know if number is reported as spam, advising, scam or ir is some company phone. Even I register my phone - so, wjen call someone who who do not have my number but have CallerID function - will see my name.

Sime CSCs have it internally, but if not - can be used via app called :Hiya
(look at their website for detailed explanation)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @FelixBreeze

U and U1 are US models.
    U1 is free non operator branded device.
    U us operarator branded, most probably locked to specific operator (but also there is non locked devices).

Some older models allowa U/U1 cross flash but newer have disallow it unless root but... too much pronkrms.

OXM, OJM, ODM.. . are MultiCSC for European/Asian devices.

IIf you try to flash B or E firmware to U/U1 device it IS NOT POSSIBLE! If you try with modded ODIN - device will become brick.

For LAST time:
    Specify EXACT model (SM-all leters) to receive adequate and accurate answer.
    Current firmware version and what you want to achieve will be excellent if you want to save time (yours and ours).
    @ChoSmile @DaOldMan @billa

Models: SM-A546B, SM-A236U

As per your instructions there's no chance to enable call recording feature on these. I was digging this topic earlier because I want to get a new phone that can enable call recording.

Thank you so much for your advice and valuable time.

PS: Please let me know if you find any csc that can enable call recording on SM-A546B.
    There is no CSC with Call Recording feature available for both models (SM-A546B & SM-A236U). There is no option with flash with files from different model to enable it.

The only way is root but it comes with different problems, security app limitations,... if at all a suitable way is found to root the model(s) with the current firmware versions.
    Hi ChoSmile, thank you being supportive and continuing the legacy of developers community.
    I used to create ROMS for HTC devices in 2009 to 2011 then later I shifted to Apple in 2014. After 10 years of being into apple community, I recently purchased S24 Ultra. A kind of come back. I started by Android journey with HTC HD2.

well short story, I bought this S24U from Thailand THL but my main location is India. I can see that everything works fine in my S24U, but I think the most famous feature of Samsung Pay is missing.

1) To get this feature, is this safe to flash CSC of INS over THL? I have checked both the countries have latest firmware of AXCA (full versions).

2) Will I get OTA updates in future after flashing?

Before I jump into ADB codes (ah what a sweet time it was and what a sweet time is today) just thought to check with you, after reading all your post. Wonderful job mate. cheers !!
    1. No need to flash (they are same (see md5s), flash even will not change anything), just use SamFw to switch (change CSC).

2. Yes, OTA will work.
    Hey, Do you know the updated csc list that enables call recording?

Should I concern about the AP version when flash the firmware?
    INS, THL, XXV, SEK, ILO, EGY, ILP, ZTO ... may be others also but DEPENDS of EXACT model SM-XnnnY and region (Y).
    No need to flash, it is made only if your current and desired CSCs are different. (Only XID is single CSC and can be changed by flash.

Try some third party Call Recording apps in the PlayStore. Most will only record one side of the call without root, but it's worth a try.
    A possible workaround is to put the call on speakerphone, and use any voice recording app to record both sides of the call. While not the most private and elegant solution, it might work.
    Bad news for people with S22 SM-S908B (Exynos) who used INS CSC (the one from E (snapdragon) model to have Call recorfing, anti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay.
    Until now we just make updates manually (BL, CP, AP, HOME_CSC) every month with any B FW (for example EUX) and were was up to date.

BUT ....

from version S908BXXU2AVH9 - Samsung removed the glitch ... so no more INS for B model ... CSC returns to EUX (or original CSC) and call recording, internal andti-spam callerID and Samsung Pay were gone.

At the moment the ONLY working CSC with Call Recording is SEK (Ukraine).

So with SEK (plus and minus):
    + Call recoeding works
    - no internal anti-spam callerID (Hiya as app can be used from playstore)
    - no SPay (the re is no working option at the meoment)
    + OTA firmware updates will work (via Setting menu).
    For SM-S908E (SnapDragon):
    XID is SingleCSC and do not exist in MultiCSC, so can not be changed/switched by Samkey.
    The only option to change CSC to XID is flashing with ODIN. If flash with files: BL_, AP_, CP_ and HOME_CSC_ - it will not reset (with CSC_ instead of HOME_CSC_ phone will be factory reset)
    XID:
    - have call record,
    - do not have Samsung Pay (it have SPay but it is an Infonesian custom version with their local banks only, can not be changed with international SPay)
    - do not have internal spam, but can be used Hiya app (from PlayStore for any CSC)

These CSC are from MultyCSC - all CSC are inside the firmware - and can be switched/chaged via Samkey at the moment (methods with local SIM, modded theme, Dialer code are fixed and not work long time ago, combination firmware works but no available files for current bootloaders)

INS (India) have call record, SPay and and spam
    XXV (Vietnam) have call record, SPay, no int.spam but Hiya work
    THL have call record, spam, but SPay discontinued last year
    ILO have call record, other not sure (less updated, not every month, Jewish extra security)

All CSC installs have specific bloatware apps (some can not be uninstalled but can be disabled via PC with adb or some package disabler via phpne)

INS is better choice for E model.

---

For SM-S908B (Exynos):
    Only SEK (Ukraine) via Samkey have Call recording, no SPay, no spam, but Hiya works

---

For SM-S908 U, U1, W, N, 0 (SnapDragon):
    No know/available CSCs with call recording

Using Samkey to chage CSC to one that not exist inside the exact same (U, U1, W, N, or 0) region of MultiCSC - do nothing, just lose one Samkey credit and CSC stays same.

Flashing U, U1, W, N, 0 device via ODIN with E firmware is NOT possible because different models (even all are SnapDragon CPUs).
    At the moment call recoring:
    S22 (SM-S901x), S22+ (SM-G906x) and S22 Ultra (SM-G908x)
    * is model 1, 6 or 8
    x is region (the region have several CSCs)

SM-S90*B (europe) - Exynos - via Samkey (paid) to SEK, INS
    SM-S90*E (asia) - Snapdragon - via Samkey (paid) to XXV, THL, ILO (or via ODIN (free) flash to XID)
    SM-S90*U (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*U1 (us) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*W (canada) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*N (china) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    SM-S90*0 (korea) - Snapdragon - no CSC with call recording
    They write on the web that it is not supported, but it is not true. I risked it and it works! So S22u is my daily from today.

1. Turn on the developer mod
    2. Enable usb debugging
    3. buy credit on samkey (on the web or ebay)
    4. Install SamKEY CodeReader
    5. connect the phone to the PC
    6. turn on samKEY, log in and change CSC.

1645435142483.png

This operation didn't seem to reset my phone. But I can't guarantee it.

screenshot of my CSC version:

1645435297076.png

1645435420456.png

I would also like to recommend the "AutoSync" application, which automatically uploads all your recorded calls to Dropbox. It all works on the S22u.
    1645435530885.png
    Wheeej, successfully changed to "SEK" on "EUX" and call recording is here!