• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SDhc problem.

Search This thread

ZathuraPL

Jan 28, 2012
Kraków
soundcloud.com
Hello! :)
I just got my new SD HC (32Gb) card for my htc HD2 device, but im getting weird crashes when i just put some Gb of for example music. It deletes some of it, or changes it to thousands of 0byte weird files..
Can someone help?

/card wasnt expensive and its not Kingston or so./

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
I just got my new SD HC (32Gb) card for my htc HD2 device, but im getting weird crashes when i just put some Gb of for example music. It deletes some of it, or changes it to thousands of 0byte weird files..
Can someone help?

I'm really not certain about this, but their a limit on the size SD card our hd2's can support. (Either 16 or 32gb which is what I'm uncertain of) try formatting your new SD card into two 16 gb partitions and then see what happens.

Hopefully either that helps or someone with more knowledge than I will comment and give you a better answer ;)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
I'm really not certain about this, but their a limit on the size SD card our hd2's can support. (Either 16 or 32gb which is what I'm uncertain of) try formatting your new SD card into two 16 gb partitions and then see what happens.

Hopefully either that helps or someone with more knowledge than I will comment and give you a better answer ;)

Well the limit is definitely not 16gb because I have one of those and it works fine in Android but it for some reason cannot boot SD Android. Also, if I'm not mistaken MarkAtHome (I've seen him in many of the NAND threads, especially NexusHD2) has a 64GB SDXC card as he was posting something about that a while ago. He'd have to confirm though.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using XDA

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Can someone help?

Where did you get your memory card?? :) You son are a victim of false advertisement. I purposely purchased a "cheap" 16GB sd card from ebay and it wasnt even bigger than like 300MB. There are ways to fake the memory size, and thats why when you try to put the music on your card is says its not there because there truly isnt any physical memory available. And also why it gives those weird readouts. Sorry to bust the news :/

According to HTC's website, the HD2 can support up to a 32GB SDHC (class 10 i believe)

weexy

Dec 21, 2008
There have been threads discussing how certain sd cards do not perform well in android devices, including the HD2. It has to do with some of the access times the cards are rated at.

I have tested a 32gb patriot class 10 card in the HD2 and samsung vibrant that made both phones freeze and run terribly slow until the card was removed.

Sandisk cards run flawlessly in the HD2 and I have only been using them for the past year, including a 32gb and a 64gb SDXC. The 64gb must be formatted as fat32 inside the phone before it can be used, but the full 64gb is available.

Last edited:

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
Hiding from under the bed
Can someone help?

I agree with elesbb. Infact the same thing had happened to me about 4 years ago. What they do it put a memory hack in the SD card fooling it to think there is more memory. I would say if you bought it from ebay contact the seller first and
tell them you think it might be fake and you wish to get a real card asap. If they don't send you one or sound like they may be un-willing to then you should report them. Here's some information found on ebay's site about fake memory cards.

If you bought it from a different online seller you should still contact them about it and say you did some research and believe you recieved a counterfit item. In the link i shared above there are a few examples of how to spot fake cards including some pictures if you go through the links. I've read somewhere that if you have a sandisk and the class rating is in the corner then you more then likly have a counterfit one. Sandisk's class ratings should be centered in the middle of the SD card.

Last edited: