SDMC DV8519 SoC Amlogic S905X2 Custom rom

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 11959327

If you can boot to temporary twrp, you could make a shell script that could enable adb on the next reboot of the regular os, which you could use to enable wi-fi and disable the tv app on the next boot of the regular os. in an adb shell.

All of those options may not work, but some should.

Code:
# echo "#!/bin/sh
resetprop persist.service.adb.enable=1
resetprop persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
sleep 30
settings put global development_settings_enabled 1
settings put global adb_enabled 1
settings put secure install_non_market_apps 1" > /data/adb/service.d/enable-usb-debugging.sh

# chmod +x /data/adb/service.d/enable-usb-debugging.sh

The "#" at the start of the first and last line above represents your twrp terminal prompt, not something to type. Note the placement of the two quotation marks, one each at the beginning and the end.

If the above works to enable adb on the next boot of the regular os, you can use adb to execute the following:

svc wifi enable
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.android.tv
pm disable-user --user 0 com.sdmc.standbyservice
pm disable-user --user 0 android.autoinstalls.config.sdmc
pm disable-user --user 0 com.sdmc.GlobalKey
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.android.tv.ftu
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.systemservice
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.qoeagent
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.rcu.t4h
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.rac
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.android.tv.eonotaupdater
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.android.tv.customizationapp
pm disable-user --user 0 com.ug.eon.cdnresolver

If the above doesn't work, you can try the Dhiraagu firmware, which also uses a non-encrypted bootloader.

Reactions: kalehrl

Y300-0100

Aug 11, 2014
Podgorica
Thanks for quick reply. Now I have another issue. My serial number is now 1234567890. Must be from previous custom rom and mac address is different. Any idea in which partition contains SN and mac address? Or how to edit that file in order to set info for new box? Also widevine is no level 3. :)

D

Deleted member 11959327

Did you have the erase boxes checked in the gui version of the usb burning tool? If so, all of that is probably gone.

If you didn't have the erase boxes checked in the gui version of the usb burning tool, what exactly did you do? Be specific.

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Code:
# echo "#!/bin/sh
resetprop persist.service.adb.enable=1
resetprop persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
sleep 30
settings put global development_settings_enabled 1
settings put global adb_enabled 1
settings put secure install_non_market_apps 1" > /data/adb/service.d/enable-usb-debugging.sh

# chmod +x /data/adb/service.d/enable-usb-debugging.sh
How to run this script in temprorary TWRP?
Where to save it?
What option to use when booted into TWRP?

Y300-0100

Aug 11, 2014
Podgorica
I have managed to burn original SN from label using USB burning tool. Overwrite SN. And now box shows original number but widevine is still 3. Any ideas fow widevine?

D

Deleted member 11959327

widevine is still 3. Any ideas fow widevine?

I flashed partition by partition.

When you flashed partition by partition, are you sure that you also flashed the copy of the bootloader partition from your untouched device?

L1 is probably erased from your prior adventures with the burning tool, but it is worth checking whether or not you're using the original bootloader.

Also, aml dtb in android 9 is encrypted. The copy provided by the dumping tool is not encrypted. In order to get the original encrypted dtb source, dump the first GB or so from mmcblk0 (on your untouched device) using dd. Then you can find the encrypted dtb using a hex editor, and flash it to your other device.

Y300-0100

Aug 11, 2014
Podgorica
When you flashed partition by partition, are you sure that you also flashed the copy of the bootloader partition from your untouched device?

L1 is probably erased from your prior adventures with the burning tool, but it is worth checking whether or not you're using the original bootloader.

Also, aml dtb in android 9 is encrypted. The copy provided by the dumping tool is not encrypted. In order to get the original encrypted dtb source, dump the first GB or so from mmcblk0 (on your untouched device) using dd. Then you can find the encrypted dtb using a hex editor, and flash it to your other device.
yes. and I also write my original serial number and gain widevine L1 using USB burning tool.

Attachments

• xda.jpg
    xda.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 403
D

Deleted member 11959327

Well, I didn't know that you had saved keybox files. Congratulations on getting it working.

bboyg

Jan 9, 2011
Hello, I also have the Bulgarian version, but I`m not very familiar with most of the terms here. Can someone create a image file with bypassed activation for EON TV in order to use the SD Card Update method as this is the only option I have?
I really like the box and the BT remote, but can`t use it :(

david0vich

Oct 20, 2013
I have managed to change original FW on SDOTT0202 FCC ID: 2AUWA-ATV4K8519 PS 5V 2A with this one "[v9] Aidan's ROM (H96 Max X2) [S905X2] [ATV9] (u211 & u214) FB-Cruz Enrique García.img".
BT is working and WIFI works below CH 100 on 5Ghz.
Widevine I didn't test it.

NOTE: If your model is SDOTT0202 FCC ID: 2AUWA-ATV4K85198 PS 12V 1A
Do not try to flash or you will end up with non-functional WIFI and remote control that works only 20-30 cm from the device.:mad:

Last edited:

galaxy94

Aug 26, 2015
Hi, which firmware is compatibile with 85198, i made mistake and flash.. remote conttrol works 20-30 cm..

galaxy94

Aug 26, 2015
i can't find any compatibile firmware, did you flash your 85198? if not you can make twrp backup and share me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is my 2 cents for the comunity. This thread helped me install Aidan's ROM on my Eon Box with working wifi and bluetooth remote, so I want to share the steps that I took to do it.

Just a declaimer, I'm not an expert, I just got my eon box as a gift, and had trouble with moving past the activation screen as someone before mentioned. I googled for a bit and found a working custom ROM, and wanted to share my experience.

This is the model number found on the back of my EON box: UG STB SDOTT0202

I found this nice website that gives some more information about my box:

There I found that the code name for my box is DV8519 and that the chipset is Amlogic S905X2, and that was helpfull later on on Aidan's website when I needed to download files.

Next, I read somewhere that different devices share the same chipset, and can therefore support same custom ROM's. This gave me the idea to try and install this custom ROM:

That link eventually led me to the Aidan's website here: https://aidanrom.com/
    where I went on the link for the chipset on my EON device, and that is S905X2. https://aidanrom.com/project/s905x2/

Here is where it gets a little bit tricky. I've tried a few of the roms and and a few versions of Amlogic USB Burning Tool, and even though the Aidan's website said you should install the latest version, that one didn't work for me. The only one that worked was the v2.2.0 I downloaded from here:

In order to flash my device I needed to use a "male to male" USB 2.0 cable I had lying around to connect my PC and the EON device. For the EON itself, try both USB ports since only one of them works for the flashing of the ROM.

The EON box needs to be turned off by removing the power cable. Than insert a paperclip pin into the reset button hole found between the two USB ports, and press it. Insert the power cable while still pressing on the reset button with a pin untill (approximately 15-20 seconds) on the screen you see the Android recovery menu.
    This is when you can follow the procedure for flashing the ROM with Amlogic USB Burning Tool: https://androidmtk.com/use-amlogic-usb-burning-tool

For the custom ROM file itself, I tried few options, but eventually this one worked for me, and it has a workinf wifi and EON's Bluetooth Remote connects fine with it:
    [v9]+Aidan's+ROM+(H96+Max+X2)+[S905X2]+[ATV9]+(u211+&+u214)+FB-Cruz+Enrique+García
    I've downloaded it from https://aidanrom.com/project/s905x2/ by clicking the download button and entering the "H96 Max X2" folder. You can find the file under there.

Bonus tip: Initially when I downloaded the latest version of the Amlogic USB Burning Tool, when I try to flash the EON device, I was getting the "Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error"
    This post: https://forum.freaktab.com/node/785223
    led me to try different versions of the burning tool, so that's how I ended up using the v2.2.0 one.

@kalehrl

@galaxy94

Hi, if it helps to make firmware image I have make a dump of SDOTT0202 / DV8519 following files using Amlogic dump utility.
    Pics in attach.
    D
    Deleted member 11959327
    Same here, I have the eon box and installed Adrian's custom rom, but the WIFI is not working and for the bluetooth - it is not working properly.
    The wifi+bt combo module in the eon version (as pictured above in post #8) is the ap6398s, which uses the broadcom bcm4359.

I have original firmware for a bunch of dv8519 and dv8535 devices, but I wouldn't suggest anyone flash any of them before verifying that the device tree and bootloader match. In order to do this, you'd have to dump at least the bootloader and the device tree blob from your device before you overwrite it with anything else.

@kalehrl

@galaxy94

Hi, if it helps to make firmware image I have make a dump of SDOTT0202 / DV8519 following files using Amlogic dump utility.
    Pics in attach.
    Can you share the files?
    I can try to make an image out of those files using amlogic kitchen.
    If the eon tv app auto launching was bothering you, for sdmc devices, they typically use two apps to force the auto launchin
    One ott provider in my country using basically the same sdmc box but with a different WiFi chip does a nasty thing when your contract expires. If you reset the box after the contract expiration, the box is completely useless. When it boots, you are left with an info screen with the serial number of the box and a number to call. And you can't get past it.