• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Searcher for truth..

Search This thread

Longhorn22

Jul 27, 2021
Okc
I spent 95% of my life last year working at the hospital day and night dedicated to those in need with no time for my own family much less myself. While being held hostage by Covid my life and finances where being held hostage by someone exploiting developers and today's technology for their own twisted personal entertainment.
I'm here today seeking the truth and answers on the way to END the HELL my family and I have been through. I'm praying that someone here will have some compassion and consideration and GUIDE ME to a way out.

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I spent 95% of my life last year working at the hospital day and night dedicated to those in need with no time for my own family much less myself. While being held hostage by Covid my life and finances where being held hostage by someone exploiting developers and today's technology for their own twisted personal entertainment.
I'm here today seeking the truth and answers on the way to END the HELL my family and I have been through. I'm praying that someone here will have some compassion and consideration and GUIDE ME to a way out.
Welcome to XDA!
The best place on the internetz for moding your devices. 🙂

Reactions: blackhawk
You're wanting to harden you and your families devices' security? Look into self-hosting your own cloud (nextCloud/own cloud/etc) and moving away from [email protected]@gle's services. IMO [and I am a self-announcing conspiracy truth speaker] the "baddies" who compromise our personal devices are part and parcel with the big GFA cartel.

Check out F-Droid as well, lotsa FOSSy goodness to be found there.

Chin up, you'll find answers and solutions. Just keep searching and asking.

SMcC2

Feb 22, 2014
Texas
OnePlus 6T
Welcome!

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Welcome to XDA 🤗
Truth? Recall what Obi-Wan Kenob had to say about that. Much of the truth is prospective and time sensitive.
Androids are generally very stable and secure devices unless you do something stupid.

Always keep email in the cloud ie Gmail.
Never download anything without vetting it, online Virustotal is useful for that. Never sideload apps without vetting. Keep an eye on the download folder for items you didn't download or strange behavior. If you suspect malware either find/delete it or do factory reset that day*.
Avoid trash/invasive apps like FB, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, instagram, shopping apps etc. They don't need to be running on your device.

*Always backup your critical data redundantly. If you have a SD card use that as a data drive. Back up your critical data to at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each as well as your PC. Store one hdd away from the other preferably in a earth grounded metal box so one near lightning strike (or fire) can't wipe out everything.

All the data you need for a full reload/restore should be saved on the backups aside from minor settings. A flash stick can be used for quick "dirty" backups but the primary backups should be hdds. Best to time stagger the hdd backups so that no matter what you have at least one good copy even if everything isn't on it.
Developer a comprehensive plan for reloading so everything is there when you need it. Do not encrypt backup hdd data.
Eventually you will need those backups or you will lose data.

• Love
Reactions: replicantNeo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to XDA!
    Im here to learn from a Master, ways to protect and defend the helpless from unwanted device invasions...
    Welcome to XDA!
    Im here to learn from a Master, ways to protect and defend the helpless from unwanted device invasions...
    The secret is in searching, sure youll find what u need
    Welcome!