Searching Anti-Theft app, controlled by sms

Search This thread

Rockel

Nov 4, 2013
Tilburg
Huawei MediaPad T5
Moto G8 Plus
I've used Cerberus in the past. And the thing I really liked about this, is that it was possible to command it via SMS besides the web interface.

I lost my phone when I was outside of Europe last year, and I always turn off my mobile date to avoid excessive telephone bills. So I was not able to use the Google app itself to find my phone or to turn the volume on and call it.

All of these things were possible with Cerberus by sending an SMS. I really liked this. But Cerberus got only available by using an subscription. I felt betrayed because of this, because I already paid for the pro-version. So it was probably nothing worth...

So I'm looking for a (possible free) alternative. I've searched google a couple of times for this. But I only find old apps which don't seem to excist annymore.

So, does annyone here know or can recommend me some apps which I also can control by sending SMS/ text messages?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Parreirao2

Sine.

You've been an happy user for many years, you must have paid less than 5$ for the pro license a long long time ago (as I've done), the service isn't running for free, and the pricing is really low for the quality and features it proposes: https://www.cerberusapp.com/pricing
5 euros / 1 device / 1 year
14 euros / 3 devices / 1 year

I would suggest to support the developer here and subscribe anyway, it's not that much, even more since you already trust it, not sure you'll find another service with this longevity, integrity and low prices.

Reactions: Rockel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've used Cerberus in the past. And the thing I really liked about this, is that it was possible to command it via SMS besides the web interface.

I lost my phone when I was outside of Europe last year, and I always turn off my mobile date to avoid excessive telephone bills. So I was not able to use the Google app itself to find my phone or to turn the volume on and call it.

All of these things were possible with Cerberus by sending an SMS. I really liked this. But Cerberus got only available by using an subscription. I felt betrayed because of this, because I already paid for the pro-version. So it was probably nothing worth...

So I'm looking for a (possible free) alternative. I've searched google a couple of times for this. But I only find old apps which don't seem to excist annymore.

So, does annyone here know or can recommend me some apps which I also can control by sending SMS/ text messages?

Thanks in advance!
    You've been an happy user for many years, you must have paid less than 5$ for the pro license a long long time ago (as I've done), the service isn't running for free, and the pricing is really low for the quality and features it proposes: https://www.cerberusapp.com/pricing
    5 euros / 1 device / 1 year
    14 euros / 3 devices / 1 year

I would suggest to support the developer here and subscribe anyway, it's not that much, even more since you already trust it, not sure you'll find another service with this longevity, integrity and low prices.