• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Searching for GSI build of TWRP or Orangefox

Search This thread

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Hi fellow developers. Can anybody please tell me does a GSI build of TWRP or Orangefox exist and where can I find such a thing?
I'm looking for a build of any custom recovery that is able to run straight out of the box on as many devices as possible.
I need it for bundling with my recent project

Some folks have a TWRP with a very limited sh version that doesn't even understand basic arrays! That's why I'm looking to deploy a universal build of custom recovery together with my script to prevent any avoidable shell errors.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Otus9051

Jun 3, 2021
http://localhost:9051
@Rush It does. FSTAB and stuff. If the recovery doesn't know the partition, how will it work? After flashing a GSI you are supposed to flash your own kernel. Though in most cases it is not required but it is advised and recommended. Likewise recoveries also need to know the FSTAB and stuff from the kernel level. So it is not possible.

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
@Rush It does. FSTAB and stuff. If the recovery doesn't know the partition, how will it work? After flashing a GSI you are supposed to flash your own kernel. Though in most cases it is not required but it is advised and recommended. Likewise recoveries also need to know the FSTAB and stuff from the kernel level. So it is not possible.
hmmm, that makes sense yeah, I guess we need to have that be more generic before something like this can exist then