Second Screen Shortcuts add up to 6 [UPDATED 12-15-15]

Search This thread

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Add up to 6 shortcuts to second screen. This means one more. I tried to do 7, but I simply don't have enough screen space with proper padding to squeeze in 7.

I can only confirm this working on the pure stock rom. Try on others, but do a backup first.

Another finding is you have to use the stock launcher to add it. The reason this is, is because you have to drag and drop it into second screen from the homescreen or app drawer. Once you have it set you can go back to using your launcher of preference.

Installation:
Flash attached zip through recovery or unzip it and move to system\priv-app\ConeShortcut and set perms rw-r-r. I am also including the original app in .bak format in case some forget to backup their original.

Again as of now I can only confirm working on the stock rom and using the stock launcher to set. Second screen is tied into so many aspects of the system so it is a very tricky thing to work on.

As you can see from the screenshots if you try to add it from the settings menu you will only have 5 options. If you look at the preview screen you can see my 6 apps and that I'm able to shuffle them around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-14-21-11-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-14-21-11-43.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 2,714
  • Shortcuts_6.zip
    788 KB · Views: 522
  • Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-45-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-45-20.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 2,534
  • Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-45-34.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-45-34.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 2,529
Last edited:

agrenwa

Oct 30, 2007
New York
Thanks, I applied this mod to the rom I'm using the No-NaMe ROM!! And it's working flawlessly. Keep them coming.
Just wondering if you can get this mod to work on the other second screens such as recent or contacts.

Reactions: Swizzle82

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Flashed this on Pure Rooted Stock and now I can t add applications? In fact, I do not even have the option, it actually deleted it

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Flashed this on Pure Rooted Stock and now I can t add applications? In fact, I do not even have the option, it actually deleted it

Hmm. This kinda happened to me a while back.. Had to clear data on second screen and app shortcuts through tb. Also had to start back with the original apk.. I'm going to look into it tonight. Shouldn't be happening..

Reactions: bdorr1105

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Hmm. This kinda happened to me a while back.. Had to clear data on second screen and app shortcuts through tb. Also had to start back with the original apk.. I'm going to look into it tonight. Shouldn't be happening..
Thanks, what app actually controls the second screen.. Xposed may cause problems with it as well

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Thanks, what app actually controls the second screen.. Xposed may cause problems with it as well

Everything.. App shortcuts, signature, second screen apk, build prop, system ui, framework res, and the stock launcher. It's pretty much incorporated into every major aspect of the system somewhere.

I was thinking that too becauae after I updated to xposed 79 I started having some issues too..

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Everything.. App shortcuts, signature, second screen apk, build prop, system ui, framework res, and the stock launcher. It's pretty much incorporated into every major aspect of the system somewhere.

I was thinking that too becauae after I updated to xposed 79 I started having some issues too..
Well damn so what app cache did you clear or did you wipe from recovery

twistdshade

Aug 22, 2014
I wonder if the settings menu can be modified to fit the extra shortcut as well. Also I wonder what other things could be done with the second screen. Seems to me like the default features are somewhat limited. What I would like to see is functioning widgets on the second screen.

twistdshade

Aug 22, 2014
Using apex launcher, if you tap and hold the background, you get a menu that pops up to add things to the home screen , if you select "shortcut" and then "activities" you get a list of all sorts of menus, many of the menu items aren't functional, seems there are a lot of settings and features that are included in the base Android version being used, and the features were removed, however the hidden menus for these features still exist through these "activities" shortcuts, many developer options can be accessed. For example there's a hidden menu to change notification LED settings, to change LED color etc, even though the v10 has no notification LED. There's a whole drop-down section for second screen, including a "background chooser". The background chooser opens up and lets you crop an image to the exact dimensions of the second screen, however when you apply the settings, nothing happens. It seems LG was in the process of developing further features but stopped... Maybe we can take the next step

Attachments

• 1454982393577.jpg
    1454982393577.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 369

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Using apex launcher, if you tap and hold the background, you get a menu that pops up to add things to the home screen , if you select "shortcut" and then "activities" you get a list of all sorts of menus, many of the menu items aren't functional, seems there are a lot of settings and features that are included in the base Android version being used, and the features were removed, however the hidden menus for these features still exist through these "activities" shortcuts, many developer options can be accessed. For example there's a hidden menu to change notification LED settings, to change LED color etc, even though the v10 has no notification LED. There's a whole drop-down section for second screen, including a "background chooser". The background chooser opens up and lets you crop an image to the exact dimensions of the second screen, however when you apply the settings, nothing happens. It seems LG was in the process of developing further features but stopped... Maybe we can take the next step

Most likely some things will be implemented on the next v series phone. The code has been written just not intiated..

twistdshade

Aug 22, 2014
Why should we wait and hope it gets done on the next phone, and then spend all our money on it... Why not just initiate the code ourselves? If I had more coding knowledge, and a more structured chain of thought... Lol I have the processing power to figure this stuff out, just not enough ram..

mmrsdb

Feb 10, 2016
Does anyone have the orig. apk or zip file. The Fav. App Tab disappeard and i need the original file t fix the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Add up to 6 shortcuts to second screen. This means one more. I tried to do 7, but I simply don't have enough screen space with proper padding to squeeze in 7.

I can only confirm this working on the pure stock rom. Try on others, but do a backup first.

Another finding is you have to use the stock launcher to add it. The reason this is, is because you have to drag and drop it into second screen from the homescreen or app drawer. Once you have it set you can go back to using your launcher of preference.

Installation:
    Flash attached zip through recovery or unzip it and move to system\priv-app\ConeShortcut and set perms rw-r-r. I am also including the original app in .bak format in case some forget to backup their original.

Again as of now I can only confirm working on the stock rom and using the stock launcher to set. Second screen is tied into so many aspects of the system so it is a very tricky thing to work on.

As you can see from the screenshots if you try to add it from the settings menu you will only have 5 options. If you look at the preview screen you can see my 6 apps and that I'm able to shuffle them around.
    Works great. Hoe this is a gateway to other mods for the second screen.

Hoes are the gateway my friend ?

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA Premium HD app
    Works great. Hope this is a gateway to other mods for the second screen.
    Thanks, I applied this mod to the rom I'm using the No-NaMe ROM!! And it's working flawlessly. Keep them coming.
    Just wondering if you can get this mod to work on the other second screens such as recent or contacts.