• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Secondary imei not available. Phone company scam

Search This thread

primitive.A

Mar 4, 2008
pretoria
So i bought a new note 10. On the box there is a sticker over the second imei nr and the sim card tray has been modified to only allow one sim. However on the back of the phone it clearly has a sticker showing both imei nrs. I suspect the phone company install a custom rom that disables the second imei as doing the #*06# trick only shows one imei.. any advice how to get my second sim working?

primitive.A

Mar 4, 2008
pretoria
So i bought a new note 10. On the box there is a sticker over the second imei nr and the sim card tray has been modified to only allow one sim. However on the back of the phone it clearly has a sticker showing both imei nrs. I suspect the phone company install a custom rom that disables the second imei as doing the #*06# trick only shows one imei.. any advice how to get my second sim working?

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_200623.jpg
    IMG_20211205_200623.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 44

missioner

Feb 5, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Huawei P30
I got my phone from Vodacom also single SIM. The ROM is not custom, it's simply a different kernel that is used on the single SIM variant. To enable the dual SIM the kernel needs to be replaced with the Global/international version that has dual SIM enabled.

The solution to this is relatively simple and I can explain it to you in detail.

Disclaimer: You should already have some experience installing custom ROMs to do this, but if you are a noob don't panic, it not as involved as a Samsung.

First step is a bootloader unlock. Tools required is a pc/laptop and Xiaomi MiUnlock tool. There is a detailed how-to here on the forum. Make sure Find my device service is disabled. This process will reset the phone and you will lose all your data on the phone and it takes 7 days during which time you can use your phone normally just do not power it down or restart it. The phone reset only occurs when the bootloader is unlocked after 7 days. Take this time to back up anything that can't be saved by your Google or MiAccount.

Second step, install TWRP and flash the latest stable Xiaomi.eu build for our device. Dual SIM enabled, enjoy.

Last there is 2 ways to install the 2nd SIM card. 1. craft knife surgery on the SIM tray or wait for one from eBay or Alibaba.com.

Read the Xiaomi.eu thread for more info and a more detailed guide to flash the firmware.

Reactions: Snawi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my phone from Vodacom also single SIM. The ROM is not custom, it's simply a different kernel that is used on the single SIM variant. To enable the dual SIM the kernel needs to be replaced with the Global/international version that has dual SIM enabled.

The solution to this is relatively simple and I can explain it to you in detail.

Disclaimer: You should already have some experience installing custom ROMs to do this, but if you are a noob don't panic, it not as involved as a Samsung.

First step is a bootloader unlock. Tools required is a pc/laptop and Xiaomi MiUnlock tool. There is a detailed how-to here on the forum. Make sure Find my device service is disabled. This process will reset the phone and you will lose all your data on the phone and it takes 7 days during which time you can use your phone normally just do not power it down or restart it. The phone reset only occurs when the bootloader is unlocked after 7 days. Take this time to back up anything that can't be saved by your Google or MiAccount.

Second step, install TWRP and flash the latest stable Xiaomi.eu build for our device. Dual SIM enabled, enjoy.

Last there is 2 ways to install the 2nd SIM card. 1. craft knife surgery on the SIM tray or wait for one from eBay or Alibaba.com.

Read the Xiaomi.eu thread for more info and a more detailed guide to flash the firmware.