Secret Display Mode (Less Saturated and not Yellowish)

Search This thread

naudmick

Jan 26, 2012
Reims
forum.frandroid.com
UPDATE: there is an alternative app that let you change the color mode, but you need root.
If you're interested, this is the xda thread, and the dev is @emandt. This is the only way I've found of having a not saturated color mode if you don't have a touchwiz rom, like Cyanogenmod.

works for me on G920f rom Touchwiz

< Tutorial >

1 - Join this community

Manual download - Version 1.1.6
Download link: http://www.emandt.net/Android/ColorModeChanger/Testing/ColorModeChanger_1106.apk

Version 1.1.6:
- Fixed Interface issues on Tablets
- Fixed FC on UI opening on Tablets

Limitations ONLY during BETA period:
1) Each time you launch the App it checks for License. If internet connection is not available, the App will not run.
2) For cause n.1 the option "Start at boot" will not work because internet connection is not ready during boot (but it will work when released outside the Beta period)
3) Only MANUAL update available
4) If you have more than one Google Account registered on your device, please contact me because I have to manually add the others to the Licensed list.

- Install on External SDCard is not supported
- Only English Language available

Instructions and development choises:
To avoid creating a permanent running Background Service/Process AND a separated Interface (for changing Settings) I preferred to use an "all-in-one" App which requires this steps:
- first launch the App doesn't show anything (it just set the default/last_saved configuration)
- if launched AGAIN within 30 seconds it will open Settings Interface
- next launches follow the same behaviour as before
This behaviour is intended to work with "Start at boot" options to avoid Interface launching after a Boot is completed.
PS: Open the Interface (the second launch within 30 secs from the first one) may take few seconds while reading informations of your screen.

Instructions for download and activate it:
1) Visit this link and accept to be a Beta Tester: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.emandt.colormodechanger (this link will allows your Google Account to get a valid License)
2) PLEASE DON'T DOWNLOAD the App from Play Store because a payment is required even if in Beta (Google is crazy charging Testers for this), but manually download it with the link above

Please report bugs providing Device Name and Android Version or I cannot help you so much.

1ifkLWlsEW_OsrSQ-8-Q0eZMQwhsTtXDBxhopov015EEINRvv3czF8tseo__-E0EwQA=h310-rw
Q1cbXV6IlMiRv-YA4Dj-eQE7BDU7yq44jZvLJoTpoZz82PWgGawXBnZi3RZFvG_mQO8y=h310-rw

Last edited:
Reactions: kevp75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: there is an alternative app that let you change the color mode, but you need root.
    If you're interested, this is the xda thread, and the dev is @emandt. This is the only way I've found of having a not saturated color mode if you don't have a touchwiz rom, like Cyanogenmod.

works for me on G920f rom Touchwiz

< Tutorial >

1 - Join this community

Manual download - Version 1.1.6
    Download link: http://www.emandt.net/Android/ColorModeChanger/Testing/ColorModeChanger_1106.apk

Version 1.1.6:
    - Fixed Interface issues on Tablets
    - Fixed FC on UI opening on Tablets

Limitations ONLY during BETA period:
    1) Each time you launch the App it checks for License. If internet connection is not available, the App will not run.
    2) For cause n.1 the option "Start at boot" will not work because internet connection is not ready during boot (but it will work when released outside the Beta period)
    3) Only MANUAL update available
    4) If you have more than one Google Account registered on your device, please contact me because I have to manually add the others to the Licensed list.

- Install on External SDCard is not supported
    - Only English Language available

Instructions and development choises:
    To avoid creating a permanent running Background Service/Process AND a separated Interface (for changing Settings) I preferred to use an "all-in-one" App which requires this steps:
    - first launch the App doesn't show anything (it just set the default/last_saved configuration)
    - if launched AGAIN within 30 seconds it will open Settings Interface
    - next launches follow the same behaviour as before
    This behaviour is intended to work with "Start at boot" options to avoid Interface launching after a Boot is completed.
    PS: Open the Interface (the second launch within 30 secs from the first one) may take few seconds while reading informations of your screen.

Instructions for download and activate it:
    1) Visit this link and accept to be a Beta Tester: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.emandt.colormodechanger (this link will allows your Google Account to get a valid License)
    2) PLEASE DON'T DOWNLOAD the App from Play Store because a payment is required even if in Beta (Google is crazy charging Testers for this), but manually download it with the link above

Please report bugs providing Device Name and Android Version or I cannot help you so much.

Q1cbXV6IlMiRv-YA4Dj-eQE7BDU7yq44jZvLJoTpoZz82PWgGawXBnZi3RZFvG_mQO8y=h310-rw