Secure Check Fail: (PIT) - Can't flash original firmware

jason3w

Oct 4, 2014
Hey guys.
Just trying to get back to stock on a Samsung S7 Edge.
Had no issues with device, with root.
Went to reset as I sold it, and it failed.
Have since done the following.

1. Tried to use odin to reinstall original firmware. Fails with SECURE CHECK FAIL : (PIT) in download mode.
2. Formatted the data partition in TWRP. This worked and allowed me to boot into a reset OS.
3. Tried to wipe system partition in a hope to allow me to modify it. Worked, but now have no OS.
4. Continually tried to use odin to flash without success. Device is detected, but when flashing keep getting the SECURE CHECK FAIL message.

Out of ideas on what to try next.
Any help much appreciated.

Adding a couple of screenshots in case it helps.
https://goo.gl/photos/qyey8LUbP3VDi91t6

fortesquieu

May 22, 2010
Hey guys.
Just trying to get back to stock on a Samsung S7 Edge.
Had no issues with device, with root.
Went to reset as I sold it, and it failed.
Have since done the following.

1. Tried to use odin to reinstall original firmware. Fails with SECURE CHECK FAIL : (PIT) in download mode.
2. Formatted the data partition in TWRP. This worked and allowed me to boot into a reset OS.
3. Tried to wipe system partition in a hope to allow me to modify it. Worked, but now have no OS.
4. Continually tried to use odin to flash without success. Device is detected, but when flashing keep getting the SECURE CHECK FAIL message.

Out of ideas on what to try next.
Any help much appreciated.

Can you get to Download Mode? Why don't you flash everything through ODIN? That'll fix it for sure.
https://goo.gl/photos/qyey8LUbP3VDi91t6

Can you get to Download Mode? Why don't you flash everything through ODIN? That'll fix it for sure.

jason3w

Oct 4, 2014
For anyone else with this issue, double check the firmware is correct for the device. I had downloaded the wrong firmware.
All worked fine in parallels with the correct firmware. ;)

sagi0618

Mar 14, 2020
When you decompress the firmware you can see two file, CSC and HOME CSC, we usualy flash the HOME CSC.
Try Flashing the CSC, it works to me

Akelamandi

Oct 3, 2020
please confirm to model number.

Please check the model numbers ..re for Galaxy S7 while SM-G935* models are for Galaxy S7 Edge. You might see a model number like SM-G930F, SM-G930K, SM-G930T, SM-G930A, SM-G935F, SM-G935A, SM-G935T, etc. ..

Samir96

Jul 4, 2014
please confirm to model number.

Please check the model numbers ..re for Galaxy S7 while SM-G935* models are for Galaxy S7 Edge. You might see a model number like SM-G930F, SM-G930K, SM-G930T, SM-G930A, SM-G935F, SM-G935A, SM-G935T, etc. ..

Hi sir. in my case it kinda weird because my s7 sd820 is running china marshmallow with build number MMB29M.G9300ZCU2APH1
In setting my phone model number is SM-G9300 but in Download Mode its show ' Product Name: SM-G930V '

im confused which one is real. already tried 2 " G9300ZCUxxxx " firmware but both failed at Secure check: pit

Have fun

Jul 27, 2016
Hi sir. in my case it kinda weird because my s7 sd820 is running china marshmallow with build number MMB29M.G9300ZCU2APH1
In setting my phone model number is SM-G9300 but in Download Mode its show ' Product Name: SM-G930V '

im confused which one is real. already tried 2 " G9300ZCUxxxx " firmware but both failed at Secure check: pit

Just find the newest firmware release and that should work. Also can reboot recovery and select view recovery logs and click /cache/recovery/last_log and roughly 4 clicks down with your volume button, maybe 5 or 6 you should see firmware that's in use.

jopadi

Feb 10, 2021
I wish to update my Samsung SM-N960F/DS from Android 9 to Android 10 using ODIN.
It ended up with SECURE CHECK FAIL: (PIT)
I notice in download mode Product Name is SM-N960N
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
FAP LOCK : OFF
OEM LOCK: OFF
Please help

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone