Question Secure folder s22 ultra

Search This thread

arslaankhan

Oct 14, 2015
Kapilvastu
I am unable to create secure folder in my s22 ultra . While I am trying to create secure folder it says "If this keeps happening , contact customer service" . I tested my device via Samsung members app and I noticed something strange . I have attached the screenshot below. I really want to fix this software issue and secure folder . Please anyone help me out. I also tried clean flash via odin . But the issue is same. I formatted the device and restored the OS. But that doesn't help. Please help me out. Thanks .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-133754_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-133754_Samsung Members.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20220818-133750_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-133750_Samsung Members.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20220818-133622_Secure Folder.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-133622_Secure Folder.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 116

arslaankhan

Oct 14, 2015
Kapilvastu
I rooted it earlier but then I removed root and flashed stock firmware . Now my device is not rooted and the bootloader is also locked . And after locking the bootloader , I flashed stock firmware again . But the issue is still same. How can I reflash full stock firmware so that I can enjoy all of the knox essential apps.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Only fix is replacing the phone motherboard...in a service yes
That won't be cheap. Samsung seems to accept knox tripped phones for trade ups though. So best course of action probably is to live with it and wait.

Knox isn't that useful, but having it tripped may skew banking apps... more work arounds to do, or just access banking through the browser which is a better plan anyway.

Reactions: Rapier
I rooted it earlier but then I removed root and flashed stock firmware . Now my device is not rooted and the bootloader is also locked . And after locking the bootloader , I flashed stock firmware again . But the issue is still same. How can I reflash full stock firmware so that I can enjoy all of the knox essential apps.
Rooting trips an "e-fuse" that breaks Knox. Restoring to stock, locking the bootloader, and un-rooting doesn't fix it. As far as I know, once that e-fuse is tripped there is no way to get Knox back short of sending it to Samsung.

Mr Hassan

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 10 Pro
You fu##ked your device men. And how can you bring it to customer service if the knox is already tripped
They even not take it for other stuff if knox is tripped and imagine you're going just for knox

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

x3buffer99

Aug 20, 2022
Download a module to solve the problem that a secure folder cannot be created after root. Support one UI (4.1)
After installation, restart to create a secure folder

Attachments

• SecureFolder_Magisk安全文件夹补丁.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 65

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
.... Samsung seems to accept knox tripped phones for trade ups though....
Well in some regions/countries maybe but in others they just started to accept trade in of normal functional devices.
I agree with you...if you did it, at least you did it for a reason so live with it, rooting offers some benefits if you use them.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Well in some regions/countries maybe but in others they just started to accept trade in of normal functional devices.
I agree with you...if you did it, at least you did it for a reason so live with it, rooting offers some benefits if you use them.
Agreed, not the end of the world. I run stock N10+'s but don't use any of the knox features, never have.

Reactions: Rapier

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You do it through the browser because you think the apps are susceptible to being hacked?
No social media or shopping apps either.
It's loose ends I don't want or need. Small wonder people have trouble with malware/spyware, just look at the junkware they eagerly load themselves.
The browser provides another layer of protection and isolation. The load speed is fast too.

Reactions: dj24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Knox is removed and you cant use secure folder anymore.
    Is there any way to fix this .? Or , I need to visit customer service .?
    Once you root, knox tripped forever and some knox apps won't work. Nothing can help but buy a new device/replace mobo
    Is it rooted? Rooting disables Knox, which is what Secure Folder, Samsung Wallet, DeX, and many banking apps require to run or work.
    Only fix is replacing the phone motherboard...in a service yes
    That won't be cheap. Samsung seems to accept knox tripped phones for trade ups though. So best course of action probably is to live with it and wait.

Knox isn't that useful, but having it tripped may skew banking apps... more work arounds to do, or just access banking through the browser which is a better plan anyway.
    .... Samsung seems to accept knox tripped phones for trade ups though....