• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Seeking advice on rooting Smart Tab M10 FHD Plus 2nd Gen

Search This thread

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Newcastle
Fastboot --version
Fastboot version eac51f2bb6a8-android
That is an old version. A quick XDA search suggests it is the fastboot you downloaded from XDA.

Make sure you are running the fastboot.exe that you downloaded from the link I gave you. You can check by looking at the last line of output from the fastboot version command.

Make sure you are in the same directory as the new fastboot.exe and try the version command again.

If that doesn't work, then run the command with the fully-qualified executable name, eg c:\platform-tools\fastboot.exe --version

Hello231

Jul 25, 2021
That is an old version. A quick XDA search suggests it is the fastboot you downloaded from XDA.

Make sure you are running the fastboot.exe that you downloaded from the link I gave you. You can check by looking at the last line of output from the fastboot version command.

Make sure you are in the same directory as the new fastboot.exe and try the version command again.

If that doesn't work, then run the command with the fully-qualified executable name, eg c:\platform-tools\fastboot.exe --version
Okay I was able tom get fastboot --version saying the newest fastboot version but still when I reboot into bootloader and type fastboot devices nothing happens just makes a new line and when I type fastboot flashing unlock it says < waiting for any device >
I just don't get it it has the latest drivers but still doesn't work

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Newcastle
Okay I was able tom get fastboot --version saying the newest fastboot version but still when I reboot into bootloader and type fastboot devices nothing happens just makes a new line and when I type fastboot flashing unlock it says < waiting for any device >
I just don't get it it has the latest drivers but still doesn't work
Is the tablet in fastboot mode and connected to the PC?

In Windows Device Manager, what is the name, publisher and version of the driver?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear and knowledgeable readers!

Being a longtime lurker, your tireless work and dedication to the community have enabled me to unlock and root many different android devices over the years and I am deeply grateful this place exists.

Right now, I plan on adding the recently released

Lenovo Smart Tab M10 FHD Plus 2nd Gen [ZA5T0302SE / TB-X606F, I believe]

in the WLAN/4GB/64GB variant to my collection. Having grown accustomed to the luxury of root access, I was wondering if anyone already had some experience with rooting the device and would be willing to share his / her knowledge with me.

Especially, I was wondering if this guide for the TB-X605F, which I have successfully used in the past for my older model, would (in principle) be applicable, as long as I could obtain the corresponding firmware for the newer one, which might be available here (as soon as GD wills it).

Any advice / support would be highly appreciated!

[Sidenote]: To my best ability, I wasn’t able to find an existing thread on the topic of rooting the device in question and I hope to have chosen the right forum to post it in (or if the general Q&A would have been the better fit?). If not, dear mods, please be lenient with me and simply move the thread to the proper subforum.

If you download the lmsa tool, plug in the tablet and go to recovery it will download the full stock firmware. Then you can find it c/program data/LMSA/downloads.

I did that then downloads magisk manager. Extract the boot.img from firmware and put in storage of tablet. Then used magisk manager and patch the boot.img it will tell where it is stored. Extract from tablet and put it in same folder as adb/fast boot. Then put tablet in fastboot and fastboot flash boot magisk-patched.img. then fastboot reboot. The will be rooted with magisk

I forgot. You must unlock bootloader to do this.
    It took me some time to finally get to it … delivery problems with the device … busy work schedule …

… anyhow, I now took the leap and am happy to report that, thanks to your advice, I was able to add another rooted device to my ever-growing collection. “Worked like a charm”, as they use to say.

To repeat myself, I am very grateful for you taking the time to respond to my question and reassuring me that this was the path to follow.

Honestly, thanks!
    Hello, trying to flash the masgisk patched boot with Android 10 goes in bootloop (recoverable via rescue and smart assistant).

What we have to do? Flash the vbmeta?

Thanks

Yes. Flash stock unmodified vbmeta.img with this command:

fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

And your device will boot again with magisk patched boot.img

I used Magisk 20.4 together with TB_X606F_S300007_200923_BMP.zip

And I now have a Lenovo TB-X606F rooted with Android 10
    Hello dear Android users...
    I've got the 3/64GB version of this device (ZA5T0300US) and this method of rooting did not work for me. When I check root in Magisk Manager, it says ctsProfile:false & basicIntegrity:true, so root doesn't work. I tried multiple times and every time had this same result. My ROM version is TB_X606F_USR_S100055_2001030016_V5.196_BMP_ROW (extracted ROM folder name). Are you sure your root actually 100% worked? What is your ROM version?

You did not enable Magisk Hide
    Yes. Flash stock unmodified vbmeta.img with this command:

fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

And your device will boot again with magisk patched boot.img

I used Magisk 20.4 together with TB_X606F_S300007_200923_BMP.zip

And I now have a Lenovo TB-X606F rooted with Android 10

You're the reason I'm now going to bed instead of staying up till 5 am lol. Thank you for this, I was tearing my hair out wondering why it was wasn't working!