• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Seemingly laggy system // flashing screen issue, can anyone help?

Search This thread
Hi! I have an issue with a 64gb Nexus 6p (running stock android 8.1, latest patch, unlocked bootloader)

The phone consistiently runs extremely slow (taking 5 minutes to boot) and animations heavily lag, to the point where they are displayed over the top of the phone (I can unlock my phone using my passcode while the phone is still displaying its boot animation, for example, as it has booted but the animation has not stopped)

Also, occasionally half of the screen flashes white, back to normal, white twice, then the entire screen goes black, at which point it then returns to normal. This stopped when I flashed Lineage, however I have since restored the phone to stock and it has come back.
So far, I have tried to:
reflash updates
install a seperate kernel
install different ROMs
but nothing has worked

Would anyone be able to help?

It seems to most likely be a board issue, but I am still holding out hope that it could be related to software.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Try flashing its original stock firmware no updates. Load nothing else. If it's still doing it, it's hardware.
Some rootkits can survive a factory reset but not a firmware reflash; pre Pies OS's are vulnerable.

Try flashing its original stock firmware no updates. Load nothing else. If it's still doing it, it's hardware.
Some rootkits can survive a factory reset but not a firmware reflash; pre Pies OS's are vulnerable.
I already have tried that, several times.

Guess it's a hardware issue, then - regardless, thank you very much for the help. :)

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already have tried that, several times.

Guess it's a hardware issue, then - regardless, thank you very much for the help. :)