General Seems like Sony is starting to roll out Android 13 for Xperia 1 IV and 5 IV

Search This thread

wolfaas12345

Jun 1, 2014
Newcastle
Just spotted this goodness on their official Facebook and twitter page seems like we will be enjoying our 13 very soon
258a8475a7d7bb51da4b7a427b5a8764.png
fb13a838ad1fba763f0d5279bf86c296.png

Reactions: Alli Gator

thud1

Oct 28, 2022
If you have rooted your phone do these updates still get pushed?

or if you update does it break root on your phone?

kinggo2

Dec 2, 2018
So we should expect this in some 2 weeks, that was some avg time between 72 and 54 updates so far

tomo100brt

Feb 25, 2011
I got it too. The beggist change is Material you design. They redesign walpaper picker and they add manual color pallet from walpaper colors and themed icons.
I like Press to unlock with fingerprint option. No more accidental fingeprint unlock try in packet.

Last edited:
I got it too. The beggist change is Material you design. They redesign walpaper picker and they add manual color pallet from walpaper colors and themed icons.
I like Press to unlock with fingerprint option. No more accidental fingeprint unlock try in packet.
Any video preview of it ? 🥺

herasymcuk

Nov 12, 2008
I'm on EU variant. I got the update early this morning. But on xperirm was present already since yesterday.

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
The SEA version got android 13 today, i just cross flash from HK version to it and all seem fine
what program did you use to flash the SEA version? I messed around around with Flashtool and needed to make FTF file, but the info to make FTF file is clear as mud, I was rooted and wiped my device and relock the bootloader and was hoping to get Android 13 on it.

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Sony Xperia 1 IV
what program did you use to flash the SEA version? I messed around around with Flashtool and needed to make FTF file, but the info to make FTF file is clear as mud, I was rooted and wiped my device and relock the bootloader and was hoping to get Android 13 on it.
You dont need to unlock bootloader for flashing official firmware. I just download Xperiafirm here to get the firmware then flash through new flasher. Dont use official Flashtool

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here i found some official info about what we can get with the new 13 android:

It seems like with the 13 Sony bringing material ui if im not wrong, or at least wider customization...
    You dont need to unlock bootloader for flashing official firmware. I just download Xperiafirm here to get the firmware then flash through new flasher. Dont use official Flashtool
    Any video preview of it ? 🥺
    Well, this is a real non-event. Never understand why some people get so excited about OS updates, I rarely notice any difference. Android 13 is a major meh for me... I wish they'd got rid of that utterly hideous drop down menu but it's still there...not much of note anywhere else either. Most of the changes/improvements must be behind the scenes....he said hopefully.