General Seems like Sony is starting to roll out Android 13 for Xperia 1 IV and 5 IV

Search This thread

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
Donwloaded and installed without problems. Mostly the same as 12 but some UI tweaks here and there. The navigaatio bar has some width and roundness just like the Pixels and lockscreen lock is finally not on top of that bar 😄

Screenshot_20221111-111156~2.png

One interesting thing: at first boot the lock screen clock was the same as on stock Android, the big numbers. But after a second it switched back to the Sony clock. There isn't any setting to switch it to the stock clock, which I prefer.
If someone finds an adb command etc., please share. Would like it to match my Pixel as much as possible.

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Donwloaded and installed without problems. Mostly the same as 12 but some UI tweaks here and there. The navigaatio bar has some width and roundness just like the Pixels and lockscreen lock is finally not on top of that bar 😄

View attachment 5758165

One interesting thing: at first boot the lock screen clock was the same as on stock Android, the big numbers. But after a second it switched back to the Sony clock. There isn't any setting to switch it to the stock clock, which I prefer.
If someone finds an adb command etc., please share. Would like it to match my Pixel as much as possible.
Thats probably some overlay and should be able to disable via adb, but i did not root my phone to check which overlay

Reactions: Finneri

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
yeah the moved the Power button and few tweaks in the quick pull down menu, but I was able to root 13 same method as 12, since I like to use repainter App to change the colors from the crappy Material UI colors, and worked perfectly fine.

Reactions: atomicvon

murrayalex

Well, this is a real non-event. Never understand why some people get so excited about OS updates, I rarely notice any difference. Android 13 is a major meh for me... I wish they'd got rid of that utterly hideous drop down menu but it's still there...not much of note anywhere else either. Most of the changes/improvements must be behind the scenes....he said hopefully.

blacksunas

Jul 11, 2022
With android 13 i noticed that there is a problem with display refresh rate. It randomly drops to 60Hz and stays it ubtil phone restart... Those anyone noticed this also?

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
With android 13 i noticed that there is a problem with display refresh rate. It randomly drops to 60Hz and stays it ubtil phone restart... Those anyone noticed this also?
I noticed this also but no need for restart. Just go to settings, switch rr setting from 120 to 60 and back to 120hz.
Weird bug but has happened only twice.

ianoasis

Nov 1, 2022
Después de actualizar a Android 13, ¿alguien ha estado lento y las animaciones y los juegos no cargan bien? super lento también, reiniciando lo arregla.

ianoasis

Nov 1, 2022
After upgrading to Android 13, has anyone been slow and animations and games not loading well? super slow too, rebooting fixes it.

hnt20

Nov 20, 2010
San Diego
US market is usually the last market that Sony updates when it comes their software updates. Sony has updated to Android 13 for all markets except for the US market. Having said that, Sony is good with their security updates when provided. I don't see Dec security update yet, but, expecting it by Jan next year as it seems the android security updates are a month or two behind.

Reactions: geordieboy2012

herasymcuk

Nov 12, 2008
I started downloading it at 07:00 and the installation is not completed yet (08:40) lol
Anyway... few megabytes, it should only be the December patches.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here i found some official info about what we can get with the new 13 android:

It seems like with the 13 Sony bringing material ui if im not wrong, or at least wider customization...
    what program did you use to flash the SEA version? I messed around around with Flashtool and needed to make FTF file, but the info to make FTF file is clear as mud, I was rooted and wiped my device and relock the bootloader and was hoping to get Android 13 on it.
    You dont need to unlock bootloader for flashing official firmware. I just download Xperiafirm here to get the firmware then flash through new flasher. Dont use official Flashtool
    I got it too. The beggist change is Material you design. They redesign walpaper picker and they add manual color pallet from walpaper colors and themed icons.
    I like Press to unlock with fingerprint option. No more accidental fingeprint unlock try in packet.
    I got it too. The beggist change is Material you design. They redesign walpaper picker and they add manual color pallet from walpaper colors and themed icons.
    I like Press to unlock with fingerprint option. No more accidental fingeprint unlock try in packet.
    Any video preview of it ? 🥺
    Well, this is a real non-event. Never understand why some people get so excited about OS updates, I rarely notice any difference. Android 13 is a major meh for me... I wish they'd got rid of that utterly hideous drop down menu but it's still there...not much of note anywhere else either. Most of the changes/improvements must be behind the scenes....he said hopefully.