(Seems to be) Working Hotspot Fix for Sprint Nougat (QK1)

Search This thread

LordKyleOfEarth

Aug 29, 2010
After digging around a bit, I've managed to get my mother in law's phone hotspotting again. I'm standing on the shoulders of Giants here, so please don't credit me with anything. I just wanted to 1) archive this in case I need to repeat it at some point 2) help others out who may need some access, but don't want to double pay for it. :D

Her phone is rooted with tdhite's skyhigh kernel installed and majisk module, but I was still getting the "not subscribed" error when I tried to launch a hotspot. I grabbed a root explorer and navigated to system>etc> where I found a file named old-apns-conf.xml

I opened that file and added ",dun" (no quotes) after every instance of mms (I think there were 3 or 4). I saved the file and she was in business. This method has survived a reboot, so that's nice too.

I don't know if it's relevant it not, but we have a legacy family unlimited plan.

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
This is awesome. Workd great thnx bro preciate it.

I'll take a look at things, but the kernel Magisk module performs the task of updating the database so no mods to any xml files should be required. That breaks the "systemless" aspect of Magisk so could harm the ability to pass SafetyNet.

Anyway -- not sure why you have to modify the APNs that way -- as I mentioned above, the sky-high Magisk module handles that already by directly updating the telephony databases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After digging around a bit, I've managed to get my mother in law's phone hotspotting again. I'm standing on the shoulders of Giants here, so please don't credit me with anything. I just wanted to 1) archive this in case I need to repeat it at some point 2) help others out who may need some access, but don't want to double pay for it. :D

Her phone is rooted with tdhite's skyhigh kernel installed and majisk module, but I was still getting the "not subscribed" error when I tried to launch a hotspot. I grabbed a root explorer and navigated to system>etc> where I found a file named old-apns-conf.xml

I opened that file and added ",dun" (no quotes) after every instance of mms (I think there were 3 or 4). I saved the file and she was in business. This method has survived a reboot, so that's nice too.

I don't know if it's relevant it not, but we have a legacy family unlimited plan.
    Thanks but I can't even see the hotspot option in settings
    this works great thanks.