Seido 3800 mah Battery

Search This thread

Fjdedrick

Aug 5, 2009
Guys here is my performance with the Seido big battery for the GNex.

Glad I didn't buy the RAZR Maxx. Worth every penny. Rooted stock ROM, average use, on WIFI all day, watched about an hour of YouTube.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329108734257.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329108734257.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 1,368
Last edited:

lrs421

Sep 29, 2010
New York
Nice, but..that battery is pretty big and doesnt support NFC. It's also 70 bucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dotson817

Mar 28, 2011
People reach more than that I believe with stock/extended battery. I'd look into a custom from/kernel those developers do amazing work with their tweaks

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
I'm over seidio batteries. When I had it for my OG incredible they didn't offer any advantage over stock and were 'rated' with higher mAh.

Save your $70 and get the extended battery from VZW when it's on sale.

Fjdedrick

Aug 5, 2009
True it was pricey.. I never use NFC, although, I keep the stock battery and cover in the center console in the car. The extended from Verizon offered about 400 more Mah, that wasn't enough. The Seido is more than twice the stock battery. I love the matching case, I'm about 6'2" with big hands, the extended battery helps it fit in my hand.

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
I'm 6'3", I like the feel with the 2100mAh, the smaller 1850mAh feels a bit light...

It's all preference really though. Plus the rear case on the 3800mAh kills the aesthetics and the color doesn't even match.

I'm hoping when 4.04 gets released my battery woes are solved. So far, it looks promising.

ahqball

Nov 2, 2010
Sydney
Stock battery is serving my GSM Galaxy Nexus juuuuust fine :) I am having a hard time killing it as is...
screenshot2012021203081.png

That's pretty damn impressive, though the first half of the time used on your phone seems quite static, as if you were sleeping or just leaving your phone in hibernated mode.

Curious to know your ROM and kernel combo?

Cheers

gogol

May 20, 2005
My extended 2000 mAH battery serve me just fine (GSM model).

I got 3 hours screen on time with 3d 8h stand by time (80 hours), and still 13% left.
If I used for about 5 hours screen on time, I could get more than 2 days stand by.

Granted, the device was on WiFi most of the time.
But, when I use 100% mobile internet (0% wiFi), my record was screen on time 4h 29m, with 1d 13h stand by (37 hours).

So, it really serve me fine with my usage pattern (mostly web browsing, facebook, g+, youtube, navigation and games, little bit emails).

And still look nice!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329132392897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329132392897.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 463
  • uploadfromtaptalk1329132405863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329132405863.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:

Mrpeeng

Jan 31, 2012
In my honest opinion, I think the 2000 aMH is the sweet spot in terms of weight, looks and length of charge. I hold my phone in my front pants pocket so anything heavy would start to sag my pants.

Adreno

Jan 1, 2012
Cobourg
That's pretty damn impressive, though the first half of the time used on your phone seems quite static, as if you were sleeping or just leaving your phone in hibernated mode.

Curious to know your ROM and kernel combo?

Cheers

Yeah the last time I had charged it was the day before, and I didn't end up charging it till the following day after the screen shots were taken so 3 days or so.

I was running Gummy with I believe either stock Kernel or if Gummy comes with a Kernel that, because I didn't flash a kernel. I went from Stock, to foxhound, to Gummy.

I have since flashed AOKP M3 but I am not getting the same battery life as I was with Gummy, so I am reflashing it today.

veloslave

Jun 19, 2008
X2

I'm over seidio batteries.

Same here... not to mention the problems I had with my Seidio Incredible extended batt that they went to great lengths to ignore.

I have used their batts on the Dinc and the xv6800 but this time around... screw them, their high prices and crappy service. I bought the spare battery with charger and carry the spare batt with me but hardly ever need it. With the standard bat I get by almost everyday (and this is before the 4.04 update) AND I get to use the standard case and holder with my nice slim phone.

z06mike

Sep 16, 2010
I'm 6'3", I like the feel with the 2100mAh, the smaller 1850mAh feels a bit light...

It's all preference really though. Plus the rear case on the 3800mAh kills the aesthetics and the color doesn't even match.

I'm hoping when 4.04 gets released my battery woes are solved. So far, it looks promising.

4.0.4 REALLY helps battery life. What are you waiting for? Just flash it already!!

SouthernEvo

Aug 6, 2010
Jacksonville FL
Im in the camp of getting the Seidio 3800 battery . I already ordered it and it will be here this week . In the past its their slim extended batteries that never really amount to anything but an expensive stock battery . I had the 3500 for the HTC EVO 4G and loved it . Currently I work in a building where I get bad 3G service and only 4G . So my battery takes a beating on a daily basis . Yeah I can squeeze through a day on a full charge but thats just barely making it by . The 3800 should provide more than enough boost for me . Also got a holster and case combo with it (love discounts) . I use a holster mainly due to the fact I hate putting a phone in my pocket, also I use the phone as an mp3 player at the gym . Its right there at my side when I want to use it . I know some arent to keen to holsters but to be honest I really dont care LOL . It serves its purpose as I need it to , also the case will break up the black extended battery cover and grey metallic body of the Gnex

Fjdedrick

Aug 5, 2009
Totally stock, no tweaks yet. Yesterday was my day off from work, then sleep all night. Work all day today.

MS.

Aug 7, 2011
How many threads you have created to brag about that battery?

Sent from my super Galaxy Nexus plus®