Self-Bricked Note 8 Pro, no access to it

Search This thread

afresh

Jan 23, 2023
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hello there,

Last Tuesday (January the 17th), my Note 8 Pro rebooted while I was typing on it, and since then, it just bootloops.

I see the "Redmi" logo for 5 secondes, then the screen goes dark, the smartphone vibrates and here we go again.

Even Fastboot mode is not working: I can get access to the mode, but it only last for about 10 seconds, then blackscreen, vibration, Redmi logo.

No matter what I do (even this tutorial to unlock the Booloader by MTKClient), the smartphone keeps rebooting.

I'm desperate, since this device holds too many unsaved memories and my 2FA authentication app...

I even tried to change the battery (I've read that a dead battery, with not enough power, could lead to such behavoir), but no luck...

Another fact: when I have the phone connected on my laptop, all of my USB devices are disconnected for 1-2 seconds at each reboot.

Any help is very welcome :)

Last edited:

wenyendev

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2022
Hello there,

Last Tuesday (January the 17th), my Note 8 Pro rebooted while I was typing on it, and since then, it just bootloops.

I see the "Redmi" logo for 5 secondes, then the screen goes dark, the smartphone vibrates and here we go again.

Even Fastboot mode is not working: I can get access to the mode, but it only last for about 10 seconds, then blackscreen, vibration, Redmi logo.

No matter what I do (even this tutorial to unlock the Booloader by MTKClient), the smartphone keeps rebooting.

I'm desperate, since this device holds too many unsaved memories and my 2FA authentication app...

I even tried to change the battery (I've read that a dead battery, with not enough power, could lead to such behavoir), but no luck...

Another fact: when I have the phone connected on my laptop, all of my USB devices are disconnected for 1-2 seconds at each reboot.

Is it still possible to back up all your data at this point?

Have you tried adb pull your userdata partition?

Arealhooman

Hello there,

Bootloader locked or unlocked?

wenyendev

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2022
Even if you cannot boot into system, but if
- USB debugging is enabled, and operational;
- a cable works;
- you can boot into recovery.

Adb shall work in recovery.

Last edited:

afresh

Jan 23, 2023
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Unfortunately, USB debugging was not enabled. I stopped developing for Android quite a while back now, and I don't turn on USB debugging anymore.

@Arealhooman My bootloader is locked... I tried unlocking it with MTKClient, but no success since the phone reboots during the process.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I enabled USB debugging to be able to reboot into fastboot / bootloader without the buttons (since my piece or paper prevents all the button from working xD)