Selling my Optimus to buy a galaxy Gio?

Search This thread

shotgun32

Feb 16, 2011
If I sell my optimus I need only $20 more to buy a gio.

I just want to buy it bcos it has no problem with multitouch and no touchbug. And a little bigger processor than optimus.

Worth it? If not why.

And dont tell me to buy other expensive phones like sgs2 and such

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

onlymeipse

May 29, 2011
Yes Gio has a 800 Mhz processor, but I don't know if it support flash player...
O1 has a 1.500 mAh battery instead of 1.350, too...

Lelouch/Zero

Apr 29, 2011
Krizevci
IMO, I would never/ever buy Samsung device again (I still have Samsung Galaxy), cause their support sucks big time. Unless the unit is from top of the line products.

Regarding Samsung Galaxy Gio:
- it has less internal memory then O1
- OS is 2.2 Froyo (don't know if it will get 2.3 version)
- 1350 mAh battery vs 1500 mAh from O1
- how much RAM it has is a real question (cause RAM is a must have)
In the end: I don't think that just because of a faster processor (800 MHz) is worth your money and an upgrade. Better wait till fall for other, maybe better upgrade.

So that's a big NO for this option (but in the end it's your choice).

naturist

Dec 7, 2010
Need your opinion guys.

There is no point in going for Gio, and selling Optimus one. Whats the major difference in both the phones except the Gio using chipset Qualcomm QCT MSM7227 which is overclocked at 800mhz. If you using custom rom, the least OC you get in optimus one is 729 which would be stable.

So does it make any difference of mere 70-100mhz. Offcourse, you can somewhat resolve the touchscreen bug issue through mik's kernel.

The rest screen resolution, camera etc are same. Its not worth to pay extra to get the Gio, when you have a working CM7/GB rom for optimus one.

PS: I am not sure about the ram in Gio, but if its <=512mb (optimus one), thn you are wasting your money.

mathew3184

Jan 22, 2011
There is no point in going for Gio, and selling Optimus one. Whats the major difference in both the phones except the Gio using chipset Qualcomm QCT MSM7227 which is overclocked at 800mhz. If you using custom rom, the least OC you get in optimus one is 729 which would be stable.

So does it make any difference of mere 70-100mhz. Offcourse, you can somewhat resolve the touchscreen bug issue through mik's kernel.

The rest screen resolution, camera etc are same. Its not worth to pay extra to get the Gio, when you have a working CM7/GB rom for optimus one.

PS: I am not sure about the ram in Gio, but if its <=512mb (optimus one), thn you are wasting your money.
i hardly think there would be a dev section for gio in xda so custom roms would be out of question...if ur buying a new phone,buy d 1 which has good developer section.

naturist

Dec 7, 2010
i hardly think there would be a dev section for gio in xda so custom roms would be out of question...if ur buying a new phone,buy d 1 which has good developer section.

Exactly, plus increase your budget to buy a better phone in future rather thn selling the current phone and buying a downgrade phone with no dev support yet, plus ram is still questionable.

shotgun32

Feb 16, 2011
Guys guys I don't really care about custom roms or kernel. Because gio don't need them. It has nothing to fix such as multitouch bug or touch bug 100% cpu or gpu or whatever.

And RAM problem? I don't think so, my friend own a galaxy ace and has no ram problem whatsoever he even use 5 homescreens with launcher pro.

And the battery thingy, I do not care less even if optimus had 1500mah than 1350mah(gio) or whatever bcos I still ended up charging it every single day and same goes with gio in the future too I guess. So the difference is not that big in battery imo.

And like I said, I don't plan to buy gio for an upgrade phone I just want it because it has no problem especially touch and multitouch problem which optimus had now, and the official gingerbread rom kernel still hasn't fixed this issue.

Oh and no gingerbread updates? I DONT really care. Although I read some news that ace, gio, fit and galaxy mini WILL get gb updates sometimes this year.

shotgun32

Feb 16, 2011
Oh and I can root it and OC it to 900mhz+ with setcpu myself

shotgun32

Feb 16, 2011
But don't get me wrong. I still love my lg optimus one. But in playing a multitouch game, it saddens me

naturist

Dec 7, 2010
Lol :D

But I was hoping that someone tell me about why low ram will cause trouble.

No one has said anything about low ram ? Did someone ? I said I was not able to find how much ram does it have.

You should buy Gio, as you have already made up your mind and wasting time of others saying Gio has this/that. You get the reviews which are not bais on the device they are using. Good luck with your purchase. :D

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
Less Ram often means less speed because ram need to get flushed more often to load new data. Just like when using a pc. It's getting less responsive.

Feeshie

Jan 20, 2011
But don't get me wrong. I still love my lg optimus one. But in playing a multitouch game, it saddens me

Update your phone to gingerbread from the LG update and see if you still have problems. The Gio is probably the better off phone if your looking for just stock, but the hack community here is the best and you will regret not having such a great team of devs that work on the optimus.