Question Semi bricked Poco X4 Pro 5g Need help!

Search This thread

stevey88

Aug 1, 2012
Hi all,

So i've previously unlocked my Poco X4 Pro 5g and rooted it. All was fine until yesterday where i'm now stuck in the booting screen.
I have installed every OTA update and i'm running global Xiaomi ROM. I noticed the phone was getting buggy and since it hadn't been restarted in some time, I did so in the hopes the bugs would go.

Upon restarting which took a VERY long time, everything was un-rooted(?) following the reboot. I think this is happening because i had to hide Magisk previously for certain apps.
Anyway i tried to re-root by using Magisk by using fastboot to flash my boot.img that Magisk patches from my original install from previous updates back which is where i think the problem lies. Since numerous updates later, the boot.img may have changed hence now why i'm stuck in the boot screen.

What can i do since i can't find a download link the the very latest ROM. Using the original boot.img also causes boot screen freeze so now i'm out of ideas

Any ideas?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi all,

So i've previously unlocked my Poco X4 Pro 5g and rooted it. All was fine until yesterday where i'm now stuck in the booting screen.
I have installed every OTA update and i'm running global Xiaomi ROM. I noticed the phone was getting buggy and since it hadn't been restarted in some time, I did so in the hopes the bugs would go.

Upon restarting which took a VERY long time, everything was un-rooted(?) following the reboot. I think this is happening because i had to hide Magisk previously for certain apps.
Anyway i tried to re-root by using Magisk by using fastboot to flash my boot.img that Magisk patches from my original install from previous updates back which is where i think the problem lies. Since numerous updates later, the boot.img may have changed hence now why i'm stuck in the boot screen.

What can i do since i can't find a download link the the very latest ROM. Using the original boot.img also causes boot screen freeze so now i'm out of ideas

Any ideas?
Use this tool
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/flash-tool-guide-use-xiaomi-flash-tool.4262425/

stevey88

Aug 1, 2012
Thanks for your reply, could you tell me what has gone wrong with the phone and what i need to do?

I've followed the link, the flash tool wont install the drivers and crashes (i have created a log folder which seems to be a common issue but doesn't fix). I've attempted to flash but i receive the error:Antirollback check error.
I'm not sure what, if anything has happened but now im stuck in fastboot mode!

Looking at the images in the link, it looks like following this guide will wipe my phone?
I'd like to attempt to recover it first if possible, could you tell me what your link is intending me to do?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Thanks for your reply, could you tell me what has gone wrong with the phone and what i need to do?

I've followed the link, the flash tool wont install the drivers and crashes (i have created a log folder which seems to be a common issue but doesn't fix). I've attempted to flash but i receive the error:Antirollback check error.

Looking at the images in the link, it looks like following this guide will wipe my phone?
I'd like to attempt to recover it first if possible, could you tell me what your link is intending me to do?
The root seems to be the source of the problem.
ARB problem: install a more recent rom or delete the lines concerning ARB from the rom script or use the script directly from the rom folder without going through Miflash or trying an older version of Miflash.
Indeed the flash will delete your data, if you have access to Twrp try to save, without guarantee that the backup or restore will work.
Miflash will allow you to recover your phone.

JustRay76

Jan 28, 2018

Hey, i had to use miflash tool today, and also got the antirollback error on my first attempt. Turned out, in my case it was caused by spaces in the path to the rom folder.
Might not be the case for you, but worth checking, eh?
Also, make sure to double-tripple check the "clean"/"clean and lock" flag in the miflash tool before flashing it. Wouldn't want to accidentally lock it again

stevey88

Aug 1, 2012
Hey, i had to use miflash tool today, and also got the antirollback error on my first attempt. Turned out, in my case it was caused by spaces in the path to the rom folder.
Might not be the case for you, but worth checking, eh?
Also, make sure to double-tripple check the "clean"/"clean and lock" flag in the miflash tool before flashing it. Wouldn't want to accidentally lock it again
I was able to miflash working by commenting out the anti rollback checks in the batch scripts. I had other issues due to long folder names. I was able to reflash and recover, thanks again to NOSS8

I really regret not backing stuff up before restarting although i should've before loading a boot.img

I'm attempting to patch the latest boot.img using Magisk, hopefully all will go well this time. At least I've got nothing to loose now!