• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Sending G1 in

Search This thread

ThroughHymn

Aug 30, 2009
Hello, sorry for this question, but i just recently switched from the ATT tilt 1 and got a G1 from my friend, but its severely messed up and i took it to a repairman, and he said he couldn't do anything about it. I was wondering if i could send it in to HTC or something since there is a 1 year warranty. I did it with my Samsung phone which i got from a friend, just wondering if it would work for this G1
Thank you

aceo07

Jun 29, 2009
Depends on what was severely messed up about the device. If it was damage that your friend did, I doubt HTC would repair it for free. (Assuming it is still under warranty. You can call HTC to verify the warranty with the serial number.)

jon_570

Mar 17, 2010
i baught ny g1 off ebay and it was cheap. the buyer said it had connectivity problems... i baught it and tested and it did iin fact have problems. i called
htc wondering the same thing if it had a warrantry or not. surprisingly or not it did... and i told there where i baught it and that i had it unlocked and rooted. they said as long as the void sticker isnt broken,water damage, or dropp damage, or custom roms installed the would fix it...which they did

ThroughHymn

Aug 30, 2009
thank you all! the problem is, lol it doesnt liek even start up, i dont really know how it works, but it vibrates and goes to a bright dark screen and just stays there. There was no physical damage and the sticker is still there, guess i can send it in! wooohoo