• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Sending videos over Whatsapp looks choppy

Search This thread

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Hi,
Did anyone noticed that when you send videos over Whatsapp , the quality is really bad? It looks like the video varies between 15 and 30 fps. Looks kinda choppy. I use normal Whatsapp (not business). My Whatsapp is up to date. I'm currently on 12.5.11 EU. It is reproduced in both CN and EU ROM.

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
I noticed this but I thought it was WhatsApp aggressive compression ratio , reduce quality by 90% isn't going to be a good experience

Try telegram

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Nah, it makes no sense.
Why would the compression cause it to look choppy just on the Mi 11 Ultra?
That's some MIUI/Whatsapp integration bug.
I heard some people have setting in whatsapp for video quality, sadly I don't have it.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Agree on that. The problem is that friends, family and work all use WhatsApp.

Tomorrow I'll record 4k video on the LG Velvet, send in Whatsapp and update this thread.
Freedom isn't easy. No social trash apps on my phone including FB, Twitter and LinkedIn.
How can they keep you connected if they destroy your world?

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Confirmed the issue does NOT reproduce on LG phones when sending 4K videos over Whatsapp. It is Xiaomi / MIUI issue. Annoying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5408779
    I have many phones, never had this issue (with 4k videos as well).
    That's bullshit.... I have had a lot of phones and it doesn't matter Xiaomi, OnePlus or Pixel... That's a WhatsApp compression problem. If the file is bigger, quality will be worse. There is nothing to wonder about.
    That's bullshit.... I have had a lot of phones and it doesn't matter Xiaomi, OnePlus or Pixel... That's a WhatsApp compression problem. If the file is bigger, quality will be worse. There is nothing to wonder about.
    WhatsApp is a problem in of itself.
    If it only happens there... all the more reasons to take out the trashapp.
    WhatsApp is a problem in of itself.
    If it only happens there... all the more reasons to take out the trashapp.
    Agree on that. The problem is that friends, family and work all use WhatsApp.

Tomorrow I'll record 4k video on the LG Velvet, send in Whatsapp and update this thread.