Question Sending videos over Whatsapp looks choppy

Search This thread

tikigod19_2000

Feb 1, 2020
They're isn't in mine , is it supposed to be in camera or video settings?
its in camera settings not video settings but it didn't work for me. Whatsapp videos whether recorded in or out of app are still running at about 5 frames per second on the other device.

This is NOT a whatsapp compression issue. It is a MIUI bug and I can't believe there's not more written about it online

meterpreter

Sep 6, 2021
I have the same issue on my Mi 12 Pro. And to everyone here who said "it's a WhatsApp problem" NO IT'S NOT!
If I send a video in WhatsApp from my Oneplus phone it works fine. If I do the same with a Samsung phone it works fine. Only on my xiaomi phone the video is extremely lagging as soon as i sent it over whatsapp with a framerate of like 5fps. the quality is fine, the framerate is the problem. That's clearly a Mi UI bug cz it only appears on my xiaomi phone. So?

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I have the same issue on my Mi 12 Pro. And to everyone here who said "it's a WhatsApp problem" NO IT'S NOT!
If I send a video in WhatsApp from my Oneplus phone it works fine. If I do the same with a Samsung phone it works fine. Only on my xiaomi phone the video is extremely lagging as soon as i sent it over whatsapp with a framerate of like 5fps. the quality is fine, the framerate is the problem. That's clearly a Mi UI bug cz it only appears on my xiaomi phone. So?
You can solve this issue by sending the video as an attachment instead of a video.

This is a common issue across a few brand and settings, it is not a major issue since you can attach the file as it is without WhatsApp edit.

I believe it is a WhatsApp issue and compatibility with some brands, they limit it with some brands for sales issue (just my opinion)

Proof of my point is sharing videos between iOS and Android with WhatsApp is same issue or even worse.

meterpreter

Sep 6, 2021
You can solve this issue by sending the video as an attachment instead of a video.

This is a common issue across a few brand and settings, it is not a major issue since you can attach the file as it is without WhatsApp edit.

I believe it is a WhatsApp issue and compatibility with some brands, they limit it with some brands for sales issue (just my opinion)

Proof of my point is sharing videos between iOS and Android with WhatsApp is same issue or even worse.
It's not a WhatsApp bug. I'm a developer myself i know how WhatsApp handles clients. It's the same no matter which brand you use. There's no such thing like brand compatibility in Whatsapp. It's up on Xiaomi to handle the server request the right way. And like I said I've had a lot of different brands many chinese cheap brands too. I never had this issue before only on Xiaomi. It's clearly a xiaomi issue and sending videos as attachments is not a good alternative I wanna live with. I love xiaomi they're one of my favorite brands it's really this single issue that drives me crazy..

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
It's not a WhatsApp bug. I'm a developer myself i know how WhatsApp handles clients. It's the same no matter which brand you use. There's no such thing like brand compatibility in Whatsapp. It's up on Xiaomi to handle the server request the right way. And like I said I've had a lot of different brands many chinese cheap brands too. I never had this issue before only on Xiaomi. It's clearly a xiaomi issue and sending videos as attachments is not a good alternative I wanna live with. I love xiaomi they're one of my favorite brands it's really this single issue that drives me crazy..
Easy solution. So using WhatsApp 😂

meterpreter

Sep 6, 2021
what do you mean you use attachment? Do you mean film the video out of the app and attach using the paperclip? Im pretty sure I tried this and the problem persists
that's what he means and yup I can confirm the problem is the same 😅 I can only repeat myself saying that I'm talking about framerate and not about video compression/quality. This is a Mi UI bug that fails to send the video file to the WhatsApp servers.

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Open WhatsApp and chat with person you want to send video to, then attach a document, video tab, and then select the video you want to send. Should work just fine
Do not open the video and share it to WhatsApp, the regular way, and do not open WhatsApp then share video, use method above

meterpreter

Sep 6, 2021
Open WhatsApp and chat with person you want to send video to, then attach a document, video tab, and then select the video you want to send. Should work just fine
Do not open the video and share it to WhatsApp, the regular way, and do not open WhatsApp then share video, use method above
it doesn't work. none of the possible methods. the problem remains the same. On Xiaomi. Not on Samsung, Oneplus, Oppo, Realme, Huawei, LG, only on xiaomi. MiUi Bug.

FroZine

Feb 13, 2016
Got the same issue on my OnePlus 9. So its not Xiaomi issue :) No matter if I use Android 11 or 12. Custom rom or stock. Same issue in Whatsapp.

Samih22

Oct 1, 2022
Hi,
Did anyone noticed that when you send videos over Whatsapp , the quality is really bad? It looks like the video varies between 15 and 30 fps. Looks kinda choppy. I use normal Whatsapp (not business). My Whatsapp is up to date. I'm currently on 12.5.11 EU. It is reproduced in both CN and EU ROM.

HI guys, just made an account to post a fix! I have fixed the issue by changing the video settings on the Camara, changed the encoder from 264 to 265 and started recording on 4k 60 frames, I am on xiaomi mix fold 2, but am guessing it has the same cam as the ultra and same os, good luck

galr

Jun 18, 2014
HI guys, just made an account to post a fix! I have fixed the issue by changing the video settings on the Camara, changed the encoder from 264 to 265 and started recording on 4k 60 frames, I am on xiaomi mix fold 2, but am guessing it has the same cam as the ultra and same os, good luck
DUUUUDDDDEEE!!!! Thank you !!!
This fixes the whatsapp issue!
Wow! Can't believe no one thought about it before you. Thank you for creating the account just to share it, you're amazing.

tikigod19_2000

Feb 1, 2020
I actually sold my xiaomi phone in the end because of so many issues (this being just one), however assuming it fixes it (and it looks like it does) I wanted to post to thank Samih22 as well. You're a hero.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WhatsApp is a problem in of itself.
    If it only happens there... all the more reasons to take out the trashapp.
    Agree on that. The problem is that friends, family and work all use WhatsApp.

Tomorrow I'll record 4k video on the LG Velvet, send in Whatsapp and update this thread.
    D
    Deleted member 5408779
    I have many phones, never had this issue (with 4k videos as well).
    That's bull****.... I have had a lot of phones and it doesn't matter Xiaomi, OnePlus or Pixel... That's a WhatsApp compression problem. If the file is bigger, quality will be worse. There is nothing to wonder about.
    That's bull****.... I have had a lot of phones and it doesn't matter Xiaomi, OnePlus or Pixel... That's a WhatsApp compression problem. If the file is bigger, quality will be worse. There is nothing to wonder about.
    WhatsApp is a problem in of itself.
    If it only happens there... all the more reasons to take out the trashapp.
    Agree on that. The problem is that friends, family and work all use WhatsApp.

Tomorrow I'll record 4k video on the LG Velvet, send in Whatsapp and update this thread.
    Freedom isn't easy. No social trash apps on my phone including FB, Twitter and LinkedIn.
    How can they keep you connected if they destroy your world?
    that's not the same.
    what do you mean you use attachment? Do you mean film the video out of the app and attach using the paperclip? Im pretty sure I tried this and the problem persists