Sense 6 OTA update installation failed

Search This thread

Mihai B

Jul 16, 2014
Hi there,

I have a HTC One Mini Europe, stock ROM, just rooted. I have returned to stock recovery, relocked the bootloader, but the OTA keeps failing with that red exclamation mark. The error says something about the HtcSoundRecorder.apk that can not be found in the data\preload folder. I tried to copy such a file in the root folders and now the error says something like unexpected content for HtcSoundRecorder.apk. I even extracted the HtcSoundRecorder.apk file from the OTA update, same thing. I have uploaded the OTA update to Google Drive, if someone could help me, I will be forever in debt.
Thanx!

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
Hi there,

I have a HTC One Mini Europe, stock ROM, just rooted. I have returned to stock recovery, relocked the bootloader, but the OTA keeps failing with that red exclamation mark. The error says something about the HtcSoundRecorder.apk that can not be found in the data\preload folder. I tried to copy such a file in the root folders and now the error says something like unexpected content for HtcSoundRecorder.apk. I even extracted the HtcSoundRecorder.apk file from the OTA update, same thing. I have uploaded the OTA update to Google Drive, if someone could help me, I will be forever in debt.
Thanx!

Can you share the OTA? And some OTAs can be impossible to update without running RUU

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Mihai B

Jul 16, 2014
Can you share the OTA? And some OTAs can be impossible to update without running RUU

Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links as I am a new member on this forum. I will try to PM the link and ask you to post it.
If you need some other details on my phone, please let me know. I really want to install the sense 6 update.

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links as I am a new member on this forum. I will try to PM the link and ask you to post it.
If you need some other details on my phone, please let me know. I really want to install the sense 6 update.

Please contact me via pm, been trying to get the OTA for sometime now

Mihai B

Jul 16, 2014
Tnx for the info. So I have to relock bootloader to get the OTA? I am S-ON and don't want to go S-OFF.
Relocking the bootloader wonţt help you too much. After unlocking it on htcdev website, some preinstalled apps were erased (flashlight, calculator, htcsoundrecorder, the infamous data\preload folder). The OTA checks those too and it fails when not finding them. If somebody has the original content of the preload folder with those apps and from the same MD5, maybe we can copy then back from where they were erased and fool the OTA.
As far as I understood, there is also a possibility to change the updater script so that it should ignore the missing apps and flash update the software via TWRP. As I am quite a noob in this field, I would love to get some help from the community with the edited script.

Reactions: El_Svanto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tnx for the info. So I have to relock bootloader to get the OTA? I am S-ON and don't want to go S-OFF.
    Relocking the bootloader wonţt help you too much. After unlocking it on htcdev website, some preinstalled apps were erased (flashlight, calculator, htcsoundrecorder, the infamous data\preload folder). The OTA checks those too and it fails when not finding them. If somebody has the original content of the preload folder with those apps and from the same MD5, maybe we can copy then back from where they were erased and fool the OTA.
    As far as I understood, there is also a possibility to change the updater script so that it should ignore the missing apps and flash update the software via TWRP. As I am quite a noob in this field, I would love to get some help from the community with the edited script.