Sense-Froyo Rom for Nexus One

Search This thread

jim29

Jul 1, 2010
Hi,

Does any one know if there is a Sense-Froyo Rom for Nexus One?

If so is it any good / stable, if not any ideas when?

Cool thanks guys.

:D

nexus9988

Aug 5, 2010
Freeport
Yea there is one but stable not really to confident on that but modaco.com you should be able to find a sense ui rom on there

jim29

Jul 1, 2010
Going for the grammar award?

OP: Did you try searching? It took me roughly 7 seconds to find this --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730290
Try working things out for yourself or taking an I.T class in future :)

I'd rather post a quick question to people who are dealing with this frequently, than trawl the web, sift through junk and install something which has lots of bugs.

Cheer up, its not all bad. :cool:

Thanks for the link.

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
you'll have to forgive XDA, recently it has attracted many young people that get bullied at home and school, this is a place they can come and anonymously display their e-toughness. Just ignore them.

btw, i dont think there is a sense rom that has everything working like your stock version. i hope im wrong but i was interested in rooting to use sense, in the development section i couldnt find any that didnt have disclaimers about things that arent working, so i havent gotten to try it out yet. But again, maybe im wrong, and i hope i am.

evilkorn

Jun 10, 2009
Boynton Beach, FL
Google Pixel 3 XL
Without a criteria of what he is looking for other than good and stable it's hard to give a good answer. It's not about e-toughness, it's about searching, putting together an informative post, and reading the forum rules.

'cymru' is 100% correct. All it took was a search and reading comments about what does and does not work, then nandroid backup and try the rom and see if it passes the "good and stable" test.

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
you'll have to forgive XDA, recently it has attracted many young people that get bullied at home and school, this is a place they can come and anonymously display their e-toughness. Just ignore them.

btw, i dont think there is a sense rom that has everything working like your stock version. i hope im wrong but i was interested in rooting to use sense, in the development section i couldnt find any that didnt have disclaimers about things that arent working, so i havent gotten to try it out yet. But again, maybe im wrong, and i hope i am.

WHat he said.
Sense UI has its bugs on the N1. I think LauncherPro is 100x better than Sense UI. It's just not as smooth (this is coming from experience using it on an Evo 4g)

LevitateJay

Dec 18, 2009
WHat he said.
Sense UI has its bugs on the N1. I think LauncherPro is 100x better than Sense UI. It's just not as smooth (this is coming from experience using it on an Evo 4g)

I'd run a stable sense rom if there was one with Launcher Pro as my launcher... I want sense for the camera, calc, dialer, calander, emails etc. not the launcher. The applications on it are just way better quality!

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'd run a stable sense rom if there was one with Launcher Pro as my launcher... I want sense for the camera, calc, dialer, calander, emails etc. not the launcher. The applications on it are just way better quality!

Well there are some roms that have ported sense camera, and apps.
I do believe my "The Official" rom has them. It didn't come stock with the sense camera, but I had it installed (easy to do from spare parts, plus I have 720p recording).
The best you can do is look for a rom with those things ported over.

Jrbourque

Jan 22, 2009
I agree with cymru, its not that hard to click one section over to development and see what's there instead of someone making a new thread everytime, and xda agrees. Not a big a deal yes, just saying I agree

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

cymru

May 24, 2007

Luckily i've been a member for a number of years so don't fall into this category...

If it wasn't for XDA recently attracting many young people that weren't taught at home or school in how to do something for themselves once in a while they wouldn't have to come and anonymously display their e-laziness. Just shut up.

EDIT: THANKS JRBOURQUE ^

jim29

Jul 1, 2010
Hi guys, if the battle for whos the cleverist is now over, heres some feed back for the advice given.

I've installed, Evils q&d sensefroyo. Been running it for a few days, its cool. A little buggy, a few force closes, high battery use, no bluetooth, but very usable.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730290

Again thanks for the input, hope this helps anyone else who was looking for similar info.

Cheers.

vegetaleb

I tried kingxclikz and Paul's r23 roms, I must say the first one is very buggy and there are no ways to use it even for 24h(though I think it needs an eclair radio),Paul's rom is way more stable but the lack of Metamorph themes,trackball mods and BT are too important.
He promised to release a new version soon so all we can do is wait and see!

LevitateJay

Dec 18, 2009
Is anybody even working on bluetooth for Desire roms? I don't think anybody actually is. There are a few people I think might be capable like Paul but he's busy with other things now by the looks of it