Kuala Lumpur
haikalizz.me
Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Introduction
What Is Sensei?
Sensei is a kernel for the Mi4i (ferrari) that is derived from @dh-harald sources. Built with UberTC to ensure the best performance and stability with a highly optimized system. Cherry-picked features & fixes from AOSP, CM and other repos to provide useful and well-tested features that make your phone better. It does not have useless kernel patches or make dangerous or experimental changes to your phone that cause weird or inexplicable problems.

Features

• Multirom support
  • Advanced color control
  • Fastcharge
  • Better Ram & Battery Management
  • Quickwake
  • Fast bootup (Using all cores)
  • Better thermal handling

Compability
Sensei is compatible with any rom derived from the CyanogenMod source. (CM12.1, CM13, AOSPA-L, Pac-Rom, PA)
DONATIONS
Sensei is built on open-source software which doesn't allow me to charge it for anything. If you like the kernel and want to donate, here's my paypal email "[email protected]"

Where to download?
Downloads are in the changelog on the 3rd post​

How to install?

Make sure you are using MiToolkit v4 to flash the recovery.
  • Download the kernel
  • Move it to your phone if downloaded from PC
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Locate the kernel and install. You don't have to wipe cache/dalvik.

XDA:DevDB Information
Sensei - Enjoy the ZenExperience, Kernel for the Xiaomi Mi 4i

Contributors
haikalizz
Source Code: https://github.com/webhaikal/android_kernel_xiaomi_ferrari

Kernel Special Features: Doubletap2Wake | Lot's Of Governors | Core_ctl | Fast Charge

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-10-27

Created 2015-08-20
Last Updated 2017-02-03

Attachments

Last edited:

haikalizz

Jul 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
haikalizz.me
Information

Preferred Settings

Balanced
  • Governor (Both) : Interactive
  • I/O Scheduler : Zen
  • Read-ahead : 1024kb
  • CPU Hotplug : Thunderplug
  • Thermal : Core Control (Max Temp 50°)
Gaming
  • Governor 1 : ElementalX
  • Governor 2 : Interactive
  • Thermal : Core Control (Max Temp 50°)
Performance
  • Governor (Both) : SmartassV2
  • Thermal : Core Control (Max Temp 55°)

Fix for MIUI
To make it work for MIUI6 and 7.

Preferred Kernel Manager
  • Kernel Auditor
  • SetCPU

Enabling features

Bugs
  • Others? You tell..

Last edited:

haikalizz

Jul 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
haikalizz.me
Changelog

Sensei v3.0 (27/10/2016)

Changelog

[*]Upstreamed to Linux 3.10.104
[*]Added new governor (Chill, Intelliactive, Ironactive)
[*]Added ondemand optimize feature (Zen-tune)
[*]CVE-2016-5195 Security patch
[*]Dynamic FSync
[*]Kexec & Kexec Hardboot patch

Download : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767104457
MD5 : 841b61a6967873610c9ccd868644c053

Sensei v2.3r2 (26/06/2016)

• Fixed Yankactive not showing in previous version
  • Added MSM Limiter
  • Thunderplug updated to v5.0
Download : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572369242687284
MD5 : 8e35f50fcf1548f95baff8cb04978c62

Sensei v2.3 (26/06/2016)

• ElementalX Governor
  • Yankactive Governor
  • Using faster optimization techniques (Thanks to OP3 forums)
Download : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572369242687266
MD5 : eb401b13c9622778492c0d9e53ac9e20

Sensei v2.2-dev (13/02/2016)

• Upstreamed kernel version to 3.10.55 (Will update to latter versions later)
Download : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24415232478675650
MD5 : 23dcc71508db72faa8a8e91afeadc6c9

Sensei v2.1.2-dev (24/01/2016)

Download : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24389512218018294
MD5 : dde95bd145ab59ec3c71ade66dfa0009

Last edited:

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
Working well on cm12.1. Fixed my WiFi issues with custom kernels as well. I don't see zzmoove amongst the govs, was it removed?

haikalizz

Jul 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
haikalizz.me
Working well on cm12.1. Fixed my WiFi issues with custom kernels as well. I don't see zzmoove amongst the govs, was it removed?
Thanks for the info, will look into it today. @Annasarp this only works on CM12.1, will try to look into support for miui.

-----------Edit-----------------
Testing out latest build for potential zzmoove governor fix with new hotplugs (Alucard, Mako, Bricked).

Last edited:
Reactions: davtse and Annasarp

sanjib734

Feb 22, 2012
Durgapur
Thanks for the info, will look into it today. @Annasarp this only works on CM12.1, will try to look into support for miui.

-----------Edit-----------------
Testing out latest build for potential zzmoove governor fix with new hotplugs (Alucard, Mako, Bricked).
I am on ver. 1.0 , not getting option to set hotplug .I tried kernel aiudtor ,trickster mod and set CPU.

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
same here but on first boot zzmoove shows, the next boot it disappears.. may need to disable it. On other news, new hotplugs Alucard, Mako and Bricked have been implemented. Will include in next update with some thermal and cpu freq tweaks...
Great! I come from the i9505 so I'm familiar with Alucard. Anyway just a question. My Big cores seem to come online more often then the little cores do, even when just doing UI stuff. Is this how the 615 behaves normally? I'm using alucard for both sets of CPUs and autosmp.

haikalizz

Jul 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
haikalizz.me
Great! I come from the i9505 so I'm familiar with Alucard. Anyway just a question. My Big cores seem to come online more often then the little cores do, even when just doing UI stuff. Is this how the 615 behaves normally? I'm using alucard for both sets of CPUs and autosmp.
I think it's how the governor handles it... The big cores aren't always online using the settings provided, most of the time the little cores handles most of the UI, Games and stuff. I will try using alucard and see.

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
I think it's how the governor handles it... The big cores aren't always online using the settings provided, most of the time the little cores handles most of the UI, Games and stuff. I will try using alucard and see.
seems like autosmp hotplug is the issue. I turn it off, all cores stay online, the big cores stay at 200mhz while the small ones are used more actively unless load is heavier then all are turned on. under no load they're all at 200mhz but none of them go off

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
New build up, changelog and download links are in #3 post. Also @davtse have been using Alucard governor with AutoSMP, Big cores are usually online. May need to find more info about that, though this is a WIP...
After testing over the course of last night, i've found that most of the hotplugs have the same issue, but Mako just doesn't work at all. I think the problem is that none of the hotplugs are meant for octacore big.small cpus. If you look in alucard's folder in /sys/kernel/alucard, it only has variables up to core 3, 4-7 are missing

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
Testing new kernel with doubletap2wake and sweep2wake implemented in kernel... About the hotplugs, I may need more time on that.

------- Edit --------
Doubletap2wake and Sweep2Wake/Sweep2Sleep implemented in kernel but not working fully... Either it needs to be implemented in touchscreen drivers or rom... @k2wl
Would it help if we could find some hotplug driver for another 615 snapdragon device?

TeusFrom

Mar 30, 2012
MyHome
Thanks for ur hardwork mate :) !
Can anyone tell me why when i set a recommended settings then always my big cores change the yanactive governor to interactive, just little cores stayin with yanactive, and please help me in setting up this kernel for the best gaming performance, :) greetings!

Wysłane z mojego Mi 4i przy użyciu Tapatalka

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
Can anyone tell me why when i set a recommended settings then always my big cores change the yanactive governor to interactive, just little cores stayin with yanactive, and please help me in setting up this kernel for the best gaming performance, :) greetings!

which kernel adjustor are you using? adiutor works fine here

haikalizz

Jul 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
haikalizz.me

Could the settings, is your system set in performance or battery saving mod? Because that could overwrite the settings... Other factors could be like what @davtse said...

Also I'm still uploading a new version with updated files like thermal and cpu freq... Updated governors and dt2w/s2w are also included. For those who needs the source, sorry though, can't push to github with mobile data... :(