[Sep 21][SD][mattc Leo + Froyo w/Sense 1.8][Kernel: 2.6.32.15 #5]

Search This thread
Hey everyone,

As mentioned previously this is a very old build that hasn't been updated in about 3 months!

You guys are missing out on so much!

For those of you that don't mind not having sense...this is the build i use

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793924

Its very fast, very stable, reliable data connection and battery use is 3-5ma on standby with wifi and mobile data active

If you like the sense clock/weather widget you can always add fancy widget for free from the market

I hope this helps you guys, and if it does/did please use the thanks button

Matt

Reactions: zsandras

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
Build Issues

Take a gander at some of the new NAND builds...some of the things this old build is lacking just off the top of my head....

The kernel that comes with it still has a broken camera flash....you'd have to update to Hastarin kernel to fix it.

It doesn't include the lib_ril_wrapper and ppp options fix so it doesn't reconnect when disconnected as well.

The camera still uses the old driver and does not have the full 5mp resolution. Upgrading the camera will require making sure the kernel has the appropriate new VS old camera driver.

I'm sure there's more....I used to run this build but moved to EVO Carbon 6.0 and now and waiting for a NAND Build with sense that supports extended battery.

Also if you browse the last 3 weeks of posts or so you will see no one is responding to questions asked for the most part.

b4ctasks

May 8, 2010
Dude.. I know you wrote "READ THIS!! You will see a strange screen at boot. It may have different images or lines in black/white and will appear to be frozen. This is normal, just be patient and it will move past this.", but.... How Long?? It's been 32 minutes now.

Here's what happened:
Yesterday I was able to start it up, yeah, it did take a little while (maybe like 7-9 minutes for the first time), but it worked great... by the way, Awesome Awesome Awesome job. Mad props to you and all the folks involved in making this happen.

Last night, battery was at low level, so I said I'll let it drain. Woke up this morning, plugged the phone to the charger, let it charge for a bit, and then restarted my phone... it got stuck on that weird screen for like 20 minutes. I thought that was weird, and wanted to make sure it wasn't from the battery being low. SO, I put in another batter that I have (which is fully charged), and now I'm that, for the past 34 minutes now, and it's still that weird screen.

So, first question...
Any help? do I need to refresh and reload and do everythig all over again?

Second question...
Also, even if let's say I do all that, and it starts up again. Would I need to wait long durations every time I boot into Android? will it get faster in time? or is there a way to make it faster

Thank you for all your effort!

sursell

Apr 8, 2010
Great but how do I go back to the win mobile 6.5?

This is a great mod but I have to revert back to my win mobile 6.5 and am not sure how to do that.

sursell

Apr 8, 2010
Got back to Winmob 6.5

I got back to the crappy win 6.5 but I did a factory reset to make things cleaner. I am now reinstalling but I didn't pay attention to how long it took the first time to load. Around how long does it take for the haret program to complete? I do have the lines across which makes the phone look frozen and I am letting it be. I just wasn't sure on the time. Thanks

I got back to the crappy win 6.5 but I did a factory reset to make things cleaner. I am now reinstalling but I didn't pay attention to how long it took the first time to load. Around how long does it take for the haret program to complete? I do have the lines across which makes the phone look frozen and I am letting it be. I just wasn't sure on the time. Thanks

Shouldn't take more than 10mins at the absolute most...but again, use another build, this is so far out of date it makes my brain bleed knowing people are still downloading it and using it. There are plenty of builds now which are faster, have more stable data and have working autorotation, no skipping music, screen freeze etc.

I used this build for a while, and although it was a reasonable build it gets blown out of the water buy newer more recently updates builds

Currently Running Tytung's NAND Nexus V1.9a.
If i have helped you, please use the thanks button :)

sursell

Apr 8, 2010
Wow I have been waiting for over an hour. It worked last night but I don't get why its not tonight. I am going to try the new updated Nexus version that you recommended. That should work on a fresh restore right?

Wow I have been waiting for over an hour. It worked last night but I don't get why its not tonight. I am going to try the new updated Nexus version that you recommended. That should work on a fresh restore right?

Yeah would recommend you reformat your SD card before you swap as it's always best to do :)

Remember if you especially like the weather/clock widget you can download fancy widget free from the market :)

sursell

Apr 8, 2010
Also I need help with the new Nanda flash stuff. I tried the Magldr 1.11 but cant ever get to the place where I use the vol buttons to choose anything. It sounds great but I am lost. Thanks.

Also I need help with the new Nanda flash stuff. I tried the Magldr 1.11 but cant ever get to the place where I use the vol buttons to choose anything. It sounds great but I am lost. Thanks.

Ok the nand will completely get rid of windows from your phone...it potentially can void your warranty also?

Sure you want to go straight to nand? If so use the build from my signature, or use the SD version if you would prefer to keep windows mobile on hand

sursell

Apr 8, 2010
Starting over with sd wipe.

I also don't know where the signature you mentioned for the updated sd version. And where the thanks button is.
Thanks

Ok I just started this sd version from "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793924" It went from loading the haret to a few lines then immediately to the green htc with black background. Is this normal and again about how long? Thanks bunches.

Last edited:
I also don't know where the signature you mentioned for the updated sd version. And where the thanks button is.
Thanks

This is the SD version

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793924

The thanks button should be on my posts if viewing on a computer but it depends what your forum view settings are :)

Reactions: sursell

sursell

Apr 8, 2010
Found it

I found the thanks button. So thanks. One more quick thing. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of a updated android OS that is not for the Nexus. I really like the way the desire or evo look. Also there is a buzzing noise when I try and make phone calls and the sound does not work.

Thanks

I found the thanks button. So thanks. One more quick thing. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of a updated android OS that is not for the Nexus. I really like the way the desire or evo look. Also there is a buzzing noise when I try and make phone calls and the sound does not work.

Thanks

Is that using that build? Are you using a launcher or starting android via haret yourself? If the latter did you tap clcrd or whatever it is first?

Try rebooting and make another call ensure that if manually starting android that you tap clcrd first even though it may appear to do nothing :)

Dunno about those builds as I hate sense with a passion, it runs heavy and has even more self running apps than normal android so sorry on that one I'm afraid I can't really help you...

You could alsways get another launcher from the market which will give you a bit more control over what things look like on your screen.

phoenixtraveller

Dec 21, 2010
nope, reformat sd card and try again.

What do these ACR= FL= RAAC= actually mean ???

I am trying to boot Ubuntu from MAGLDR.

Have DFT-Android on NAND done by DAF.EXE (cotulla release).

And have copied ubuntu to sd root - renamed adb_htc_zimage to Zimage and using initrd.gz from inside boot.img (of DFT Android) because cant use initrd.cpio.gz or get REBOOT.

Have got to Ubuntu keyboard/desktop before this way.

But what do these commands etc mean - verbose output ?

aisebastian

Oct 29, 2010
Bucharest
Shouldn't take more than 10mins at the absolute most...but again, use another build, this is so far out of date it makes my brain bleed knowing people are still downloading it and using it. There are plenty of builds now which are faster, have more stable data and have working autorotation, no skipping music, screen freeze etc.

I used this build for a while, and although it was a reasonable build it gets blown out of the water buy newer more recently updates builds

Even though, I am still searching for a build that replicates this one's functionality. All builds I tried missed essential functionality. I am still on the lookout for such a build.

I understand that newer ones do some of the stuff this one does a bit better, but at least this one is covering everything :) (except for led notification, queue: led me know)

CR5N

Jul 15, 2010
Even though, I am still searching for a build that replicates this one's functionality. All builds I tried missed essential functionality. I am still on the lookout for such a build.

I understand that newer ones do some of the stuff this one does a bit better, but at least this one is covering everything :) (except for led notification, queue: led me know)

I used mattc for months but changed to hastarin kernel. It was only after the camera stopped working with newer kernels I looked for an alternative. Changed to MDJ 2.4 clean + hastarin kernal. Only thing that is broke in MDJ is editing the user dictionary cos of evo keyboard (with cursors).

Been running MDJ for over a month now and too early to go to RAM or NAND as bits don't work in all of them at mo. Highly recommend MDJ 2.4 clean build but build.prop needs updating for green tint on camera (search MDJ thread) and the auto update don't work for kernel files. I just used es explorer to manually copy them and after a reboot, all sorted.

HD2: 1.72 ROM + HSPL
Radio: 2.15
Android: MDJ 2.4
Kernel: Hastarin 8.6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mattc Leo + Froyo w/Sense 1.8

Quick Changes:

1. New EVO kernel
    2. Wifi tethering now works
    3. Light sensor works
    4. PPP reliability improved dramatically
    5. No more hard freezes switching from Wifi to mobile data
    6. MMS size fixed for T-Mobile US
    7. Touch screen and G-Sensor freezes practically eliminated
    8. Green line in YouTube HQ is gone, picture quality is improved

Based on the official HTC Desire Froyo update.

READ THIS!! You will see a strange screen at boot. It may have different images or lines in black/white and will appear to be frozen. This is normal, just be patient and it will move past this. Also, there is no RMNET - not even an option - for this build. PPP is stable and no longer freezes.

Random notes on the build:
    • Kernel is not overclockable. You can always replace with an overclockable kernel if you wish.
    • On PPP build, make sure all of your APN settings are correct. It may not work if they are not.

Instructions:

1. Download zip file.
    2. Extract contents of zip file into a folder on your SD card named 'Android'.
    3. Using a file explorer in Windows Mobile, inside the 'Android' folder run CLRCAD.exe. Don't worry, it will appear to do nothing, that is normal.
    4. Run Haret.exe.
    5. Enjoy Android.

Known problems:
    It is easier to list what I know doesn't work.
    1. Certain apps from the market won't install. Neocore is one for example. You have 2 options to get them to work. A) Copy the .apk to your SD card then run it from your phone or B) Unmount your SD card first (Settings > SD Card > Unmount SD Card).
    2. Notification LEDs are flaky, sometimes work, sometimes not
    3. Camera flashes prematurely.

Some items you may want that are indeed WORKING!
    1. Bluetooth - Works completely on my Ford Sync system. A2DP, streaming audio, answering and ending calls, etc. BT Keyboards don't work yet.
    2. Camera
    3. 3G. I get ~1000kbps down in Ft Worth. My EDGE speeds have increased in RC1.4.
    4. WIFI. Confirmed working with WEP and WPA.
    5. GPS. Takes some time to pickup on first use, works great.
    6. SIM contacts are working. (edit: some people have had issues, I have not).
    7. I have included Automount (a free app) to mount your SD Card. Simply open Automount, set it to mount, then plug in your USB cable.
    8. FM Radio
    9. Camcorder!

Change log:

1.8:
    1. New EVO kernel
    2. Wifi tethering now works
    3. Light sensor works
    4. PPP reliability improved dramatically
    5. No more hard freezes switching from Wifi to mobile data
    6. MMS size fixed for T-Mobile US
    7. Touch screen and G-Sensor freezes practically eliminated
    8. Green line in YouTube HQ is gone, picture quality is improved

1.7:
    1. Added EVO and Nexus cam interfaces. User can choose which to use.
    2. Default sense wallpaper now works. Live and static.
    3. Voice dialer added, works over bluetooth.
    4. New base for better app/market stability.
    5. PPP and RMNET versions will be available without having to patch anything.
    6. More default APN some corrected including TMOUS.
    7. Root file system will allow easier updating in the future.
    8. Switched to kernel from git. No overclocking. You can install any other kernel you wish.
    9. Improved WIFI performance.

1.6b:
    • Bluetooth is working again.
    • Apps requiring SU are now working again. SetCPU and Titanium have both been tested.
    • Overclocking and underclocking work now.
    • Battery life has been improved.
    • Media folder added for missing ringtones and notifications.
    • Added Adobe Flash 10.1.92.8. :)
    • Random freezes should be fixed. You may get a hard freeze on first boot.
    • PPP reliability improved.

• Flashlight now works on all 3 levels. No need for market flashlight app.
    • Switched from RMNET to PPP data. Results are more reliable connection and faster upload speeds.
    • 1GB data store. This rootfs.img is *NOT* compatible with any others.
    • USB connections are now recognized as usb. You should get a usb menu upon plug-in.
    • 5MP camera with standard def camcorder. Camera app has improved picture quality and flash over previous build.

1.5b:
    1. Using new kernel that overclocks and has full ram.
    2. Added support for LED keypad lights.
    3. Amber charging and notification lights work occasionally but don't count on them.

1.5:
    1. Speed increased dramatically with new kernel.
    2. Added EVO camcorder and camera app, allows pictures and recording via onscreen button.

RC1.4:
    1. Used official OTA Froyo update for Desire. This added a speed increase.
    2. Added Cotulla's 03-08 kernel.
      a. Fixed issues with sharp panel
      b. Increased stability of I2C
      c. increased touch screen ratio
      d. Fixed volume level
      e. Volume can be changed during call
      f. Some work under removing apt voice during calls
      g. Program soft reset should work now
    3. Added USB Automount program to easily mount SD card within Android.
    4. Data.img increased to 512MB for added app storage.
    5. Market speed is increased significantly.
    6. Bluetooth support adjusted, may add more support. Need testers. (Not keyboard support).

RC1.3:
    1. Fix for proximity sensor killing phone issue.
    2. Updated Bluetooth. This may fix some issues.
    3. Added Froyo default keyboard w/voice input. To activate, long press in any text input field, choose 'Input Method', choose 'Android keyboard'. You will see a microphone button, push it to use voice input. This keyboard also has the "swipe up" feature standard in Froyo.
    4. Added Voice Dialer and Voice Search apps. They work great.

RC1.2:
    1. Added Cotulla's and dan1j3l's GPS fix. I don't think it has been tested 100% so just know it is experimental right now. Thanks to the devs for getting us that!
    2. Cleaned some unnecessary files to (hopefully) improve speed a little.
    3. Testing improved stability of the filesystem. If you transfer files to your device (music, etc.) as a USB device, make sure to safely eject the device before removing the USB cable. If you improperly remove the device, you may experience some strange issues.

RC 1.1:
    First Build. :)

1.8 Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/Y4ZQOJ1YWO

1.7 Download link (ppp): http://www.multiupload.com/0HXQF8OAO9
    Mirror (Germany): http://www.meinmedienportal.de/download-page/?category=30

Download for RMNET version(only use if you are having internet or hard freeze problems with PPP version, this is not a patch but a full version): http://www.multiupload.com/542ASB67OI

I have removed all previous downloads to clean up the post. PM me if you would like a link.

Kernel Sources:

The latest zImages can always be found here:
    http://oe.netripper.com/files/htcleo_autobuild_evo_tree/

Git: http://www.gitorious.com/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc

note: you do not need to download those, they are included.

Thanks!!!

Matt

I have had several people ask where they can donate. If you want to donate, click the 'Donate' button here:

Credits for help on the build:
    ElBartoME - Amazing help with PPP
    michyprima - for compiling a kernel so I don't have to :)
    huanyu - for his overclocking skills
    darkstone
    shu8i
    dan1j3l
    cotulla

And beta testers:
    Refuge
    mega
    Microang
    EdangeL

I appreciate all feedback. We can't improve without criticism.

Thanks

Is that using that build? Are you using a launcher or starting android via haret yourself? If the latter did you tap clcrd or whatever it is first?

Try rebooting and make another call ensure that if manually starting android that you tap clcrd first even though it may appear to do nothing :)

Dunno about those builds as I hate sense with a passion, it runs heavy and has even more self running apps than normal android so sorry on that one I'm afraid I can't really help you...

You could alsways get another launcher from the market which will give you a bit more control over what things look like on your screen.

Has your Jawbone worked with any other build? If so, which one?

Tried on my Lexus and no go either. I see some people were able to get their bluetooth to work, can someone verify if they had bluetooth enable in Winmo prior to booting Android or was it disable? I'll give this test a shot on 1.2.
    Iu second that, the new zImage been working just fine with the exact same settings, I'm using a class 4 8gb SD, oh and my 3G works GREAT I get 1010 kb on download.
    This build really rocks =)

It really doesn't.

You're missing out!

I started on this build and have moved on to much much better builds

Currently running Tytung's NEXUS-HD2 2.1 Gingerbread NAND.

If I have helped you, please use the thanks button :)