September 2016 update now live

Search This thread

stoobie-doo

May 2, 2008
Dallas
Small update, only 47MB.
Text before update only mentioned security updates - nothing about Samsung Cloud or the Gallery app update that was delivered in Europe. Once it finishes updating and optimizing apps, I can see whether anything changed besides moving to a more recent security patch level.

mixxxk

Nov 23, 2011
I only noticed Google's monthly security fixes here. I didn't see or notice any other changes.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I'm not sure if it was the update or not and I haven't installed anything else, but today the android system is EATING my battery. I had been getting around 7hrs of sot but today it's less then 2hrs sot and at 5%. It's showing android system had used like 24 or 25% of my battery and it is at number one for battery consumption.

Reactions: dinglayne

nocode99

Dec 6, 2010
Came here to say I'm having terrible battery life as well since the update. Weird thing is, I updated a couple days ago and the battery issues started today. I also have these disabled the settings from the link below fwiw

http://xdaforums.com/att-s7-edge/how-to/to-drastically-reduce-android-battery-t3445291

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Just came across this and my Oculus app did auto-update today. Just uninstalled and will see how things go

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/c...date_may_be_to_blame/?st=itp6m1i0&sh=9926b558

Last edited:

mack1753

Mar 18, 2006
I am too in need of the September Odin files. Tried to downgrade back to July firmware files through Odin after OTA and got the "fused binary" error because of the new bootloader update. Now my EFS partition is damaged and I'm getting wifi password forgets and stability issues among other things.

Last edited:

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
These days, AT&T is more of an evil empire than Verizon. No WiFi Calling, no VoLTE, no enhanced features unless you use AT&T branded phones. No publishing ROM/firmware files. Locked bootloaders (Samsung is also responsible, I know). AT&T has become the least mod friendly carrier. If anyone gets the PI1 files, please do share.

mack1753

Mar 18, 2006
Also wanted to mention, DO NOT TRY TO RE FLASH ANY PREVIOUS FIRMWARE FILES WITH ODIN after this OTA update. Not only will the update fail, but it may corrupt certain partitions like it has on mine. I am also suspecting the U firmware will no longer flash with the new bootloader update until files are released for that bootloader. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I will try to do an "emergency software revovery" with smart switch later tonight, if anyone is interested in the results let me know.

twoxa

Jun 10, 2009
Boston
Glad I flashed international firmware... no oculus bs here! And my android system is back to normal, around 12%.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure if it was the update or not and I haven't installed anything else, but today the android system is EATING my battery. I had been getting around 7hrs of sot but today it's less then 2hrs sot and at 5%. It's showing android system had used like 24 or 25% of my battery and it is at number one for battery consumption.