September update broke my camera, N986BXXU1ATI2

Search This thread

juanyunis

Dec 21, 2010
Somewhere
My phone is the Exynnos Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N986B/DS and it was working fine so far, but 2 days ago I received the software update for September N986BXXU1ATI2 and the camera has some purple/green colors but after a while inside the camera app fixes itself, but if I switch camera modes it goes back to that.

Things that I tried so far:
1. Wipe cache partition
2. Test other camera apps (same outcome), so I guess is more of a camera firmware.

The update does mention camera improvements so that is why I think is not hardware related. What do you guys think?

Is there a way to make a full phone backup?, wanna try flashing a complete room.

I have attached a YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pvCTjwa0A

Last edited:

juanyunis

Dec 21, 2010
Somewhere
thank you for your quick reply, i did receive the update for the app, and i thought that it was gonna fix it but nope. Did that happen to you?

juanyunis

Dec 21, 2010
Somewhere
Try clearing the cam app data?
Clear system cache again afterwards.
Hard reboot (not reset!) might get it.

No luck, I think I might have to go wipe/flash route. Quick question I have a long time without rooting or modding phones, does samsung still uses ODIN? or is there another software? Is there a way to make a full backup of the user data without losing it?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
thank you for your quick reply, i did receive the update for the app, and i thought that it was gonna fix it but nope. Did that happen to you?

No luck, I think I might have to go wipe/flash route. Quick question I have a long time without rooting or modding phones, does samsung still uses ODIN? or is there another software? Is there a way to make a full backup of the user data without losing it?

I'm not the one to ask about flashing. Probably be on a stock 10+ until it dies.
If it's not already rooted there's no way to save most of your app settings.
Poweramp and PD MDM are two of the few apps that provide exportable backup copies for settings/db.
Data can be transferred to the SD card but I would also back that up on the computer. Make sure your contacts, texts, pics, movies, music and documents etc are backed up.
I use ApkExport to save copies of all my apps and updates for faster reloading
I use my SD card like a data drive.

If you're going to go all nuke about it might as well try a hard reset and see if a clean load solves the issue:p

juanyunis

Dec 21, 2010
Somewhere
@blackhawk thanks man. I guess i will have to go hard nuke, I wish that there was a way to copy stuff smart switch way. I transferred everything from my old Note 10+ to this one using smart switch. It sucks that i sold it 1 week ago.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
@blackhawk thanks man. I guess i will have to go hard nuke, I wish that there was a way to copy stuff smart switch way. I transferred everything from my old Note 10+ to this one using smart switch. It sucks that i sold it 1 week ago.

Smart switch didn't work very well for me... it was a time consuming mess.
After a couple reloads if you streamline your data storage it's pretty easy. About a day to get it 90% back plus you learn a lot by playing with it.
I generally wait a while before during firmware updates... especially if it's running well.

If the phone is under warranty and a hard reset doesn't fix it I would sent it in to cover your ass...ets.
Let Samsung sort their own mess out.

juanyunis

Dec 21, 2010
Somewhere
@blackhawk thank god i didn't import it myself, i bought it from a store, but they imported it from Singapore. I already validated with them that if i can't fix it by doing a hard reset, then i would request a replacement and they agreed.