Question Serial only 7-digits, but required to be 8 to submit for unlock token through OnePlus

Search This thread

jivy26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2010
OnePlus 9
So weirdly enough, my serial number of the OnePlus 9 Tmo version only has 7-digits. I have tried adding a 0 to the front and back of the serial and it still will not submit. Anyone else run into this issue?

Reactions: reukiodo

MrSteelX

Jan 24, 2013
OnePlus 9
So weirdly enough, my serial number of the OnePlus 9 Tmo version only has 7-digits. I have tried adding a 0 to the front and back of the serial and it still will not submit. Anyone else run into this issue?
there are 3 ways to read the s/n. 1 under settings, about phone, status. 2 on the back of the phone on the white sticker if you did not remove it. 3 On the box the phone came in.

PsYk0n4uT

I contacted an assistant in the chat, explained the situation and were to answer me within 24 to 48H, we will see.
dealing with oneplus, it may take weeks of going back and forth to get ur case escalated to someone who can actually do it but they did it for me. took several weeks but they finally got it to a level 3 tech that simply requested some info and i responded with the requested info and the next message they sent me an unlock token. knew exactly what i was wanting

N1ldo

Nov 1, 2011
Marinha Grande / Leiria
dealing with oneplus, it may take weeks of going back and forth to get ur case escalated to someone who can actually do it but they did it for me. took several weeks but they finally got it to a level 3 tech that simply requested some info and i responded with the requested info and the next message they sent me an unlock token. knew exactly what i was wanting
I've been told to say to one (zero) before in the number but it didn't work, I've answered again saying it didn't work.

PsYk0n4uT

I've been told to say to one (zero) before in the number but it didn't work, I've answered again saying it didn't work.
They told me the same but it hasn't worked for anyone I've read of that's tried that. Just keep pushing. Tell them that it's bad business to sell defective devices. I mean tbh that's what it IS basically even if everything works perfectly except the serial/unlock issue. Honestly they should have a pretty direct route for doing this after enough people have to get these tokens generated. Their aware of the problem so it's not like it's a unique situation

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    there are 3 ways to read the s/n. 1 under settings, about phone, status. 2 on the back of the phone on the white sticker if you did not remove it. 3 On the box the phone came in.
    Same here only 7 digits everywhere I look
    get oneplus to escalate your case to level 3 techs, they can generate a custom token for you
    I contacted an assistant in the chat, explained the situation and were to answer me within 24 to 48H, we will see.