Serious Camera Improvements with 1.29 OTA!

Search This thread

js931

Jul 14, 2010
Just read this article about the 1.29 OTA which is currently rolled out (sorry, it's in german): http://www.androidpit.de/htc-one-update-fotos
(you see before and after pictures, with after on the right)

I knew that HTC did something to the camera software, but I didn't expect the results to be THAT different, looks awesome! Like the author says, it looks like "the gray veil has been lifted"!

Reactions: DalagangBukid

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
HTC One updated with camera enhancement suite and more in Europe
• Improvement to sound capture with Zoe
• Noise reduction in slow motion movie capture
• Improved color reproduction and dynamic range (reduced over-exposure in non-HDR images) in certain conditions
• Fix to display correct ISO in EXIF information when ISO settings are manually changed by the user
• Improved system performance and stability
Again, the update will bring your device to version 1.29.401.13 and this is the international HTC One only.

yup official :)

auto
Vergleich_Auto.jpg

ISO 100
Vergleich_ISO_100.jpg

8678240064_9ae3a7b061_c.jpg

Last edited:

yvibes

Mar 28, 2011
London
The custom roms ha ve been on this version for a few days now. I can confirm there are definitely light and day improvements, I can't compare with the old version but it's definitely noticeable once you move from stock to custom roms with 1.29xxx.12

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Vo01985

Jan 13, 2011
1.29.1540.3 is the dev edition version.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

hegartyp

Apr 5, 2013
Dublin
Brilliant looking comparisons! I have to say i havent had a problem with the camera as is (i use the HDR mode mostly)

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
Mines on 1.28.61.7 and the camera takes amazing pictures
As for the samples in the thread I think the pics on the left are better although it looks like a simple contrast alteration to me.

xineis

Apr 14, 2013
Brasília
"Beats Audio Enhancements"

Did anyone notice better sound coming from the speakers with Beats enabled?

I don't have the phone yet, but I know that some people are complaining about hissing. Did 1.29 correct that?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Comparison before and after update

I did a few shots to compare pictures before and after the update using two devices held next to each other so the distance to the object is always the same.

Here are the results
    • Overall color saturation has improved
    • Pictures are slightly sharper, this could be autofocus or just sharpness settings that changed

pic4bm.png

pic3km.png

pic2wp.png

pic1wa.png
    There is some confusion here about the age (or revision) of the updates. HTC tend to use the following naming convention:

In this case the 1.29 is the base. So 1.29 is newer than 1.28.

the .401 is the region or carrier. A higher number isnt newer, its just different. .401 seems to be the international unlocked unit.

the .12 is the revision, the higher the number the newer.

Therefore 1.29.401.13 is newer than 1.29.1345.3 (for example).
    HTC One updated with camera enhancement suite and more in Europe
    • Improvement to sound capture with Zoe
    • Noise reduction in slow motion movie capture
    • Improved color reproduction and dynamic range (reduced over-exposure in non-HDR images) in certain conditions
    • Fix to display correct ISO in EXIF information when ISO settings are manually changed by the user
    • Improved system performance and stability
    Again, the update will bring your device to version 1.29.401.13 and this is the international HTC One only.

yup official :)

auto
    Vergleich_Auto.jpg

ISO 100
    Vergleich_ISO_100.jpg

8678240064_9ae3a7b061_c.jpg
    I got 1.29.111.11, anyone know what the difference is or where info can be found?
    Newbie question - im on three uk already updated to 4.2.2, never get 1.29 update. Does 4.2.2 update included 1.29 or this is something totally different and may still be rolled out or may not? My camera version is:

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

1.29 is based on 4.1.2 so don't worry about it