• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Serious problem

Search This thread

dunios

Sep 16, 2016
Hello, XDA-Members,
long story short, I tried to flash CM-13 on my Honor 5X(KIW-L21 B340). Well, that didn't work and the phone always booted into TWRP. So I flashed FlymeOS because I couldn't flash the stock rom anymore(No matter why.).
It worked perfectly, and I were able to use my phone. After restarting my phone it booted back into TWRP, tried to wipe and all that stuff and even re-flashed Flyme OS, but still booted into TWRP. I was so UPSET that I deciced to flash the original RECOVERY.img for my Honor 5X. Well and from there I made it worse.

Windows and Linux don't recognize my phone. Windows just shows an empty E:\ drive. Reinstalled Google USB drivers, reinstalled driver etc. Didn't work. Now, when I start my phone it boots into the honor 5x recovery. I got these options available:
- Reboot system now
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition

So, well. I can't install a rom anymore. As well when trying to connect my phone to ADB it won't work either. ADB doesn't recognize my phone. I made a big bull****, tbh. Installed HI-Care as well, but it doesn't get recognized either. I can also boot into Huawei eRecovery, connect to my wifi because it says it can download the stock rom. Guess what, it always said failed so I'm not able to do this either.

I'm really stuck. Anybody got an idea? Thanks in advance!

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hello, XDA-Members,
long story short, I tried to flash CM-13 on my Honor 5X(KIW-L21 B340). Well, that didn't work and the phone always booted into TWRP. So I flashed FlymeOS because I couldn't flash the stock rom anymore(No matter why.).
It worked perfectly, and I were able to use my phone. After restarting my phone it booted back into TWRP, tried to wipe and all that stuff and even re-flashed Flyme OS, but still booted into TWRP. I was so UPSET that I deciced to flash the original RECOVERY.img for my Honor 5X. Well and from there I made it worse.

Windows and Linux don't recognize my phone. Windows just shows an empty E:\ drive. Reinstalled Google USB drivers, reinstalled driver etc. Didn't work. Now, when I start my phone it boots into the honor 5x recovery. I got these options available:
- Reboot system now
- Wipe cache partition

So, well. I can't install a rom anymore. As well when trying to connect my phone to ADB it won't work either. ADB doesn't recognize my phone. I made a big bull****, tbh. Installed HI-Care as well, but it doesn't get recognized either. I can also boot into Huawei eRecovery, connect to my wifi because it says it can download the stock rom. Guess what, it always said failed so I'm not able to do this either.

Shut down the phone
plug the phone into your windows PC
hold volume down + power to enter the bootloader
from windows open the command prompt - type fastboot devices hit enter (your phone serial number will display)
type fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img (be sure to use this TWRP and it's named TWRP.img and in the same folder as fastboot)
after the file is flashed successfully hold power + volume up + volume down
after 5 seconds let go of power and continue to hold the volume buttons until TWRP boots

From TWRP you can now copy the CM13.zip and Gapps.zip to your phone and wipe/factory reset - then install them one by one
be sure their are no errors .. if you see errors choose reboot recovery and try the flash again until it succeeds.

first boot of cm13 will take some time, be patient

Reactions: venom007 and dunios

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, XDA-Members,

- Reboot system now
    - Wipe cache partition

Shut down the phone
    plug the phone into your windows PC
    hold volume down + power to enter the bootloader
    from windows open the command prompt - type fastboot devices hit enter (your phone serial number will display)
    type fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img (be sure to use this TWRP and it's named TWRP.img and in the same folder as fastboot)
    after the file is flashed successfully hold power + volume up + volume down
    after 5 seconds let go of power and continue to hold the volume buttons until TWRP boots

From TWRP you can now copy the CM13.zip and Gapps.zip to your phone and wipe/factory reset - then install them one by one
    be sure their are no errors .. if you see errors choose reboot recovery and try the flash again until it succeeds.

first boot of cm13 will take some time, be patient
    Thanks,
    I recovered my phone. Awesome!