Seriously no EMUI 10.1 for the P20 Pro?

Search This thread

dlevick

Jun 29, 2012
Birmingham
10.0 has started coming out today for the p20 pro, it's been available in china but now seems to be going wider. 10.1 won't because the phone is reaching the end of its life cycle sadly

Qgloof

Nov 26, 2019
10.0 has started coming out today for the p20 pro, it's been available in china but now seems to be going wider. 10.1 won't because the phone is reaching the end of its life cycle sadly

But 10.1 is just a bit of optimization for 10, or am I wrong?
It should get 10.1, like every other phone.

I will not buy Huawei again, for sure. The phone's great, I really like the software, but updates are trash. Also, no bootloader unlock code.

purple patch

Jan 19, 2008
What feature are you wanting from 10.1? This phone is 2 years old now, pretty much end of life for tech device. Not sure what people want from unlocking bootloader, there's pretty much zero development on this phone. Some crappy ROMs with broken stuff. You really not missing anything apart from ad blocking lol. Days of Rom dev are almost over unfortunately, buy an older phone if that's what you want.

Last edited:

Qgloof

Nov 26, 2019
"Not sure what people want from unlocking bootloader,"
Well, I could be able to revive one of my bricked devices. Complicated story, that is why this would be the only method.

"What feature are you wanting from 10.1?"
Everything new.

G

GuestK00449

Yep. It got confirmed that p20 pro will not get EMUI 10.1.
Emui 10 got delayed till June, and also we got removed from montly security updates.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

What feature are you wanting from 10.1? This phone is 2 years old now, pretty much end of life for tech device. Not sure what people want from unlocking bootloader, there's pretty much zero development on this phone. Some crappy ROMs with broken stuff. You really not missing anything apart from ad blocking lol. Days of Rom dev are almost over unfortunately, buy an older phone if that's what you want.

While i agree with you that custom roms are dying, unfortunately you are completely wrong about the 2 year cycle of life.
All android manufacturers can push as many updates as Apple, but they refuse, because mob mentality. I paid a lot of cash for this phone only to be treated the same way as the P9 days : Delayed updates for x times, updates that got canceled because of unknown reasons and so on.
Huawei had the ability to come on top if they announced that phones from 2017 and up will get a lot of updates, since now they no longer have google services and they can easily use their OWN services to gain profit, just like Apple. They refuse to see it, they become stubborn, and me as a consumer will put my foot down and no longer buy phones from this brand, neither anything related to Huawei.
Great hardware, bad software.
I will have to waste 1k on an Iphone but at least i can be assured that i get a lot of support for more than those 2 years that android manufacturers provide.
Huawei, you deserve all you're getting. If you don't man up and stop with these PR stunts and "communism", the brand will die. Literally Xiaomi surpassed them!

Qgloof

Nov 26, 2019
I'm done with Huawei.
My next phone will be an OnePlus, Samsung or Xiaomi.
Huawei as a company became trash af.
I was in love with the brand since I got a Mate 10 lite - but what they're doing is nonsense bullshit.
Great hardware, nice UI, but the attitude towards updates is seriously bad.
Without GMS and changes in their behavior, this company will get out from Europe maybe around 2025. At least their mobile section for sure.

Reactions: idefix3500

arty_a

Dec 4, 2018
Ramat Gan

If you don't plan to immediately switch to a custom ROM don't go with Xiaomi. They have terrible software, with hard-to-imagine amount of bloat and ad-ware. From my past experience they are even worse than Huawei in terms of updates.

If you live in any country that gets Exynos variants of Samsung phones - it's a waste of money. It's proven that they have far worse performance compared to the Snapdragon variants of the same model (at the same price). Don't know how fast Samsung rolls out updates now, but in the past they were very slow.

Last edited:

Qgloof

Nov 26, 2019
If you don't plan to immediately switch to a custom ROM don't go with Xiaomi. They have terrible software, with hard-to-imagine amount of bloat and ad-ware. From my past experience they are even worse than Huawei in terms of updates.

If you leave in any country that gets Exynos variants of Samsung phones - it's a waste of money. It's proven that they have far worse performance compared to the Snapdragon variants of the same model (at the same price). Don't know how fast Samsung rolls out updates now, but in the past they were very slow.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
I live in Hungary, we get Samsung phones with Exynos.

Do you have any experience with OnePlus? I heard that they're the "iPhone" of android phones.

arty_a

Dec 4, 2018
Ramat Gan
Do you have any experience with OnePlus? I heard that they're the "iPhone" of android phones.

I don't have experience with OnePlus yet, but I'm considering it as an option for my next device.
I can't really imagine what "They're the "iPhone" of Android phones." means.
OnePlus phones are pretty open and have some nice custom ROM options. They are not as expensive as other flagship devices (although getting closer every year). In the last models they had some green tint issues with the screen (some say minor and limited). Overall considered to have good hardware and software.
That's more or less what I know, you probably can get much more (and more reliable) information on the OnePlus forums.

Qgloof

Nov 26, 2019
I don't have experience with OnePlus yet, but I'm considering it as an option for my next device.
I can't really imagine what "They're the "iPhone" of Android phones." means.
OnePlus phones are pretty open and have some nice custom ROM options. They are not as expensive as other flagship devices (although getting closer every year). In the last models they had some green tint issues with the screen (some say minor and limited). Overall considered to have good hardware and software.
That's more or less what I know, you probably can get much more (and more reliable) information on the OnePlus forums.

I see. Thank you, have a nice day!

gd6noob

Apr 29, 2011
I'm done with Huawei.

LOL you think Samsung or Xiaomi cares about software updates? Any company that produces 10+ lines of devices dont care about keeping up with updates.. only selling....
You want consistent updates, go with Apple, Google or even OnePlus, as they openly support 3rd party roms...

pablo_max

Aug 1, 2010
I'd also not go with Samsung. They are very poor with regards to updates as well. Xiaomi is fast with updates actually, but there skin really is ****. Think.. original touchwiz ****.
Apple, Google or OnePlus are the only options for updates. Though, if 'Murica decides to ban all tech to China, then oneplus is also out.

pasza_sadyka

Dec 14, 2008
Ùlëniô
Just came. Poland, Orange.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614_004848_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20200614_004848_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 438

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

But 10.1 is just a bit of optimization for 10, or am I wrong?
    It should get 10.1, like every other phone.

I will not buy Huawei again, for sure. The phone's great, I really like the software, but updates are trash. Also, no bootloader unlock code.
    I'm done with Huawei.
    Huawei as a company became trash af.
    I was in love with the brand since I got a Mate 10 lite - but what they're doing is nonsense bullshit.
    Great hardware, nice UI, but the attitude towards updates is seriously bad.
    Without GMS and changes in their behavior, this company will get out from Europe maybe around 2025. At least their mobile section for sure.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone