SERVICE MODE (and Band Selection) for SM-G920F, how to???

Search This thread

Legend35

May 17, 2015
I have an International SM-G920F but I can't open SERVICE MODE like I did with S4, Note 4, S5...
(dial *#0011*, menu->back, menu->insert key, type Q0000 and press enter)

And other codes found online don't work.

Does anyone know how to open SERVICE MODE ?
I need it for BAND SELECTION and other stuff...

Thank you for Help

Reactions: weedzz

mupet0000

Sep 16, 2010
AOCV fw was the last one that I could open the service menu, since then it never opened. I wonder if it's disabled by Samsung in new updates?

chuk48

May 18, 2015
AOCV fw was the last one that I could open the service menu, since then it never opened. I wonder if it's disabled by Samsung in new updates?

I'm wondering if this is the case, since I was able to access it yesterday, but not today. I just received the latest update this morning.

So what happens if, say, someone set their phone to a certain LTE band and they not want to restore that setting to "automatic"?

bruciebabie1963

May 9, 2012
SOUTH BEND IN
Look here on you tube

I have an International SM-G920F but I can't open SERVICE MODE like I did with S4, Note 4, S5...

Thank you for Help
this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0BYV_P0y4

@Class

Oct 27, 2008
Its based on your firmware CSC probably... Some regions have it and some don't.

mupet0000

Sep 16, 2010
Out of the latest versions of FW (AODG & AOE3/4) I've tried: France, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Thailand & Slovenia. None of them allow you to access any service mode menus. Using old FW like AOCV and the service menu works.

Can anyone at all confirm service menu working on AOE3 or AOE4? Try *#0011# in your dialer.

Legend35

May 17, 2015
Out of the latest versions of FW (AODG & AOE3/4) I've tried: France, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Thailand & Slovenia. None of them allow you to access any service mode menus. Using old FW like AOCV and the service menu works.

Can anyone at all confirm service menu working on AOE3 or AOE4? Try *#0011# in your dialer.

Do you know which file/directory are changed by Service Mode BAND SELECTION?
Because we could go back with OCV firmware, do BAND SELECTION (in example LTE/WCDMA ONLY) and see what files/strings are changed, and then manually change files with latest firmware.

chuk48

May 18, 2015

After the last software update, I am able to access the service mode with *#0011#, but not band selection with *#2263#.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using XDA Free mobile app

Legend35

May 17, 2015

Which software update version is that? There are many versions for many regions.

Guys *#0011# STILL WORKS... but this ONLY shows some info about connection

With SERVICE MODE, I mean modify every setting of our Galaxy S6 (force band selection, etc)

mupet0000

Sep 16, 2010
I flashed AOE3 France, it didn't work. I just flashed AOE3 United Kingdom and *#0011# menu shows now. But to choose bands etc, I don't know how to do that.

mupet0000

Sep 16, 2010
Nope it's originally from Vodafone Germany and the service menu worked on the original rom too.

Legend35

May 17, 2015
Hello, I'm working to fix and restore Service Mode and Band Selection.

I need somebody with SM-G920F and FULL WORKING SERVICE MODE (I mean not only *#0011#, but also BAND SELECTION).

That person, must root his own phone, and send me these files:
- /system/csc/customer.xml
- /system/csc/others.xml
- /system/build.prop

You can send me an email at [email protected].

Let me know ASAP, Thank you all !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. root your device
    2. use "Shortcut Master(Lite)" (free) or "Phone Info+" app to launch the code 2263; band selection works in this way with my S6 Edge G925FXXU2QOI7 Android 5.1.1 .

Thank you for Help
    Band selection is *#2263#

But I can't get out to any of the other settings :(
    Hello, I'm working to fix and restore Service Mode and Band Selection.

I need somebody with SM-G920F and FULL WORKING SERVICE MODE (I mean not only *#0011#, but also BAND SELECTION).

That person, must root his own phone, and send me these files:
    - /system/csc/customer.xml
    - /system/csc/others.xml
    - /system/build.prop

You can send me an email at [email protected].

Let me know ASAP, Thank you all !!!

Can u help me fix that?
    Really? Can anyone confirm it?

Yes. I use phone info