Setting Note 4 Theme Black

Search This thread

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I saw this thread and wanted to fill you guys in on the way this mod is done. This is not proprietary code or anything of the sort. It's simply an edited apk that somebody took the time to do and uploaded it. You should give credit to whomever actually did the edits and uploaded the files but otherwise this isn't really a "mod" in my opinion. What this is is a modified apk from a specific carriers device (SecSetting.apk, SystemUI.apk, etc) But before I go into detail on how to do this yourself quite easily, I think you all should know that flashing or "hot swapping" a system apk from a different device model can and WILL screw things up in your settings and more. It WILL break settings and features. You may not notice right away but if you start looking through all of your settings you will be missing things and some things will not work. Specifically any setting or feature that relies on csc, which is a lot of things.

First of all you must be rooted in order to modify system files. What you want to do is pull the correct SecSettings apk from your own device, stock rom tar, etc then modify the values to your liking. Decompile the apk with apktool or baksmali etc. (If you don't know what this is then you can stop reading as this is beyond the scope of the typical user). Navigate to res/values and you will see a short list of xml files. The easiest way to achieve the dark theme is to edit the default theme inside the styles.xml. This tells the phone which factory theme to use throughout the settings apk. Most of the font colors will automatically be changed with the theme. I learned this from reading a post a while back and although it wasn't in great detail, I quickly figured out the entire concept and re-themed my apk's in a few minutes then recompiled. I also learned on my own that the framework res contains all the references for the themes in the same values directory. If you're unsure of the correct theme name to type in the styles.xml, look in framework-res values folder (after you decompile it with apktool). Now I didn't go into great detail here because that's basically something for a whole new thread. I jst don't think somebody should start a thread like this using somebody else's modified work without their knowledge or permission. So that's that.
@op Don't snake somebody's work and fail to give them credit in your OP. You look like a fool when you do this. If anybody wants to try this mod themselves feel free to pm me. I can offer help if you have some basic decompiling/recompiling knowledge.

ssaunders91

Dec 19, 2014
black theme help!!!

I have been searching far and wide for a module that will change the white them to black like the note 2 was (dialer, call log, menu etc.) and I can't find anything!!! is there a module for it on xposed?? or is there something else I can do? Im new to this rooting thing so a good explanation would be great I'm just desperate to figure this out!!

luzair

Jan 4, 2015
SecSettings apk

I saw this thread and wanted to fill you guys in on the way this mod is done. This is not proprietary code or anything of the sort. It's simply an edited apk that somebody took the time to do and uploaded it. You should give credit to whomever actually did the edits and uploaded the files but otherwise this isn't really a "mod" in my opinion. What this is is a modified apk from a specific carriers device (SecSetting.apk, SystemUI.apk, etc) But before I go into detail on how to do this yourself quite easily, I think you all should know that flashing or "hot swapping" a system apk from a different device model can and WILL screw things up in your settings and more. It WILL break settings and features. You may not notice right away but if you start looking through all of your settings you will be missing things and some things will not work. Specifically any setting or feature that relies on csc, which is a lot of things.

First of all you must be rooted in order to modify system files. What you want to do is pull the correct SecSettings apk from your own device, stock rom tar, etc then modify the values to your liking. Decompile the apk with apktool or baksmali etc. (If you don't know what this is then you can stop reading as this is beyond the scope of the typical user). Navigate to res/values and you will see a short list of xml files. The easiest way to achieve the dark theme is to edit the default theme inside the styles.xml. This tells the phone which factory theme to use throughout the settings apk. Most of the font colors will automatically be changed with the theme. I learned this from reading a post a while back and although it wasn't in great detail, I quickly figured out the entire concept and re-themed my apk's in a few minutes then recompiled. I also learned on my own that the framework res contains all the references for the themes in the same values directory. If you're unsure of the correct theme name to type in the styles.xml, look in framework-res values folder (after you decompile it with apktool). Now I didn't go into great detail here because that's basically something for a whole new thread. I jst don't think somebody should start a thread like this using somebody else's modified work without their knowledge or permission. So that's that.

@op Don't snake somebody's work and fail to give them credit in your OP. You look like a fool when you do this. If anybody wants to try this mod themselves feel free to pm me. I can offer help if you have some basic decompiling/recompiling knowledge.

Hi,

I would like learn how to decompile and recompile these files.
any help will be appreciated.
Im using rooted n910G and I would like to have dark holo themes thoughout my phone.
i hate light holo theme for dialler, settings menu, messaging, chrome, so many other apps.
Please help.

_alex74_

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 11, 2012
FVG
But before I go into detail on how to do this yourself quite easily

need to give credit what??

This is xda, and most of the themers, developers, can invert apps. which as u unexperiencly say " very easy"
If someone took other work, may be reported to moderators.

This is not the case, as who knows how to do it, don't needs to use others work ....
and if u will try to learn to others how to do, well, it will take months, as not everything is in styles, framework has 4 themes...... but most of the times there are png to recolor, and varius xml in several folder to manually change png or color.

If u do proper work, apk will work as factory, nothing missing

and if u are scared, someone took your work, so make it unique with something your in the code :D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't care if someone uses my work, this is XDA and spirit is share.... and if i share..... it can be there for everyone:good::good::good:

Reactions: lucaoldb

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Yes i know there are many other xml's,qmg's, png's hex codes etc that must be efited. I didnt go into all that for a reason. I do this suff a lot. The point is not that people shouldn't share, its that people should share and there is no need to put a little "secret" code. Lol. Theming doesn't take months either. You are contradicting yourself. Why feel the need to put a line of "secret" code if you are sharing your work for everyone to enjoy? That is something i dont do. If somebody takes another person's work and says that they did the work and spent the time doing it when in fact they didn't, that is not cool. Its a moral thing bro. Just give somebody credit if you use their work or learn something new from a guide etc. Thats all im saying. There's no need to put your fingerprint on your work unless it is truly unique code/concept which this truly is not. I dont see anything wrong with the OP unless the person clearly dodnt do the work himself and makes the claim that they did. But whos gonna be able to prove he didn't and who really cares? Not me.

I think its more important for people to know that you can't just flash or push system files that aren't specifically for your device model & carrier. That's what needs to be stated in the OP.

Reactions: bizzypain

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9jox6t.png

https://mega.co.nz/#!3MFSDJZA!qG9Iz00oPNXbtw8N1j4dUxMVwDZUCRqxeitdvxjxZFw

Just use Xposed module "Holo Themer" and set Settings app to "Device Default". You will get the original dark blueish theme for it and there's no need to edit the apk itself.
    This mod looks like it was ported from tmobile thread, foreverloco made it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk