• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Setup Mi 11 Ultra

Search This thread

Joeybagodonuts22

May 28, 2021
I got my phone earlier today from Giztop and reset the phone without thinking. It doesn't have the Google apps anymore. Is there as easy way to reset as a brand new phone from Giztop being setup for the US?

I got my phone earlier today from Giztop and reset the phone without thinking. It doesn't have the Google apps anymore. Is there as easy way to reset as a brand new phone from Giztop being setup for the US?
Don't bother installing gapps. It will never function normal. Best thing to do is BE PATIENT, unlock bootloader and flash EU or global rom.It will take 7 days but it will worth it. Chinese rom with externally installed gapps is not quite stable and it has too many clashes with chinese versions of the same program such as Get Apps Store which basically reminds you that it is there every time.

Reactions: speedtripler

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
Don't bother installing gapps. It will never function normal. Best thing to do is BE PATIENT, unlock bootloader and flash EU or global rom.It will take 7 days but it will worth it. Chinese rom with externally installed gapps is not quite stable and it has too many clashes with chinese versions of the same program such as Get Apps Store which basically reminds you that it is there every time.
Chinese firmware is best one out there. I need google services as much as you do. After unboxing you already have basic google services (example to add Google account). All you have to do is download Play Store.
Chinese apps ? So easy to remove them (of course without root).

You saying "Get Apps Store" is not is not useful? Only from there you can update your system apps ! (Example: today I received update on "rear display". Many fixes in this update actually)

After all I realized I have everything I need. Phone with minimum Google background processing, but with full support of anything i want. 3-4% battery drain overnight lmao...is very respectful. (Stock Root it/Adaway)
And yes enjoy your EU rom with micro lags in open/close apps and luck of 120Hz in many places.
Global is old firmware and loaded with google bloatware in a system.

Last edited:

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Chinese firmware is best one out there. I need google services as much as you do. After unboxing you already have basic google services (example to add Google account). All you have to do is download Play Store.

You saying "Get Apps Store" is not is not useful? Only from there you can update your system apps ! (Example: today I received update on "rear display". Many fixes in this update actually)

After all I realized I have everything I need. Phone with minimum Google background processing, but with full support of anything i want. 3-4% battery drain overnight lmao...is very respectful. (Stock Root it/Adaway)
And yes enjoy your EU rom with micro lags in open/close apps and luck of 120Hz in many places.
There is no lag if you disable all animations in developer options

Just touch it and it's open immediately

I did everything to stay on stock Chinese Rom. Initially the phone came opened and some staff installed already. I prefer a fresh install. I did exactly what the first post says. Factory reset and boom no play store. I found every program I need out there in the wild apk services. They worked fine but Some had issues with update some was behaving strange like no notification etc. Stock Chinese ROM is great but I sometimes use French characters and built in Roboto Font was not looking pleasant. I did non-root debloating too but still it wasn't great. I accidentally removed some programs that was important for keyboard for some reason. Furthermore, I even use Chinese Rom now but it is EU Rom with weekly beta updates. It has the latest firmware, miui 12.6. For example you received the latest rear display update and its news recently but rear display was updated here already. I can use rear display to shot vlog videos or slow motion videos etc. The charger takes 30 mins to bring the phone battery to an acceptable level. So, even if it drains overnight, it takes 30 mins to have your phone juiced up. Another point to mention is sim card and some payment methods are designed for China in Chinese Rom and you can't select some settings directly. There are workarounds for sure but why bother when there is an easily customisable settings in EU ROM.

Reactions: Sathelp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I did everything to stay on stock Chinese Rom. Initially the phone came opened and some staff installed already. I prefer a fresh install. I did exactly what the first post says. Factory reset and boom no play store. I found every program I need out there in the wild apk services. They worked fine but Some had issues with update some was behaving strange like no notification etc. Stock Chinese ROM is great but I sometimes use French characters and built in Roboto Font was not looking pleasant. I did non-root debloating too but still it wasn't great. I accidentally removed some programs that was important for keyboard for some reason. Furthermore, I even use Chinese Rom now but it is EU Rom with weekly beta updates. It has the latest firmware, miui 12.6. For example you received the latest rear display update and its news recently but rear display was updated here already. I can use rear display to shot vlog videos or slow motion videos etc. The charger takes 30 mins to bring the phone battery to an acceptable level. So, even if it drains overnight, it takes 30 mins to have your phone juiced up. Another point to mention is sim card and some payment methods are designed for China in Chinese Rom and you can't select some settings directly. There are workarounds for sure but why bother when there is an easily customisable settings in EU ROM.
    Appreciate all the info!!! Think I am all set now. Trying to get the last few things setup. Moving from a OnePlus 7T Pro McClaren. First impression of this is amazing.