• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Several questions, 1st xiaomi phone...

Search This thread

FrostStaff

Oct 10, 2020
Hi xda community,i got several questions about xiaomi MIUI, updates, cloud.... Please accept myappologies for my newbie question on xiaomi phones, and english is not my native language. sry for that.

I've block the "searching" updates with 4G but couldn't with wifi, never used wifi since several month (just my personnal usage),and yesterday had to use wifi cause had less connection with 4g. My phone is on global rom 12.0.4.0 QJKMIXM, works flawlessly, did some tweaks with adb shellto remove services i don't use or removed (different things like blocking adds...), rom is stock, bootloader is stock, no unlock...

So yesterday i received notifications for update MIUI version to 12.2.5 and notifications updates for applications systeme like carrousel.... Since month i read here and on xiaomi community people receive uptades for android 11 and got troubles, or xiaomi removed options on last MIUI so i decided to wait for a "REAL STABLE" update... I know xiaomi release updates calling them stable, but they 'r in Beta, just a nonsense in my opinion.

My several questions about :

1- Xiaomi cloud : I don't know the xiaomi cloud, does it give you a 100 % backup ? (games progress, preference on the system, contacts, pics, video..) Does it connect to the play store and download applications, games (so with new updates) or does the cloud saves your apps at a definite time. Does your games progress are saved too ?

2- Does the cloud, backup, if you use it, keep your adb shell tweaking ?

3- Is there a way to remove the notification on the phone menu for the updates on MIUI and systeme apps.

4- Can you updates systeme application (like carroussel...) without updating the MIUI 12.2.5 or i can have bugs. Are they inseparable.

5- I have read but i'm not sure,on MIUI 12.2.5 xiaomi removed the possibility to block the sensors (developper options,and the toggle on & off sensors add in shortcuts), is it true.

Thx for all your help,and sry again for my newbie questions.

dietoro

Oct 28, 2011
modena
the option you want to change is solved only by modding answer with this tool:

Xiaomi cloud is not necessary, when backup needed I connect to my desktop PC to move the files

FrostStaff

Oct 10, 2020
When i was asking about xiaomi cloud, i refer to my old LG viewty witch in the past has a software and back up toolto save and back the entire rom, like a windows back up, image, restore point.Or like my iphone 4 with itunes,i could untirely back up everything on my iphone, as an image system. I read but not sure that xiaomi clouds could do it....
( Of course i can make a back up of files with usb but wanted to know,or search for an "image" back up of my Poco F2pro. )

When i was asking about xiaomi cloud, i refer to my old LG viewty witch in the past has a software and back up toolto save and back the entire rom, like a windows back up, image, restore point.Or like my iphone 4 with itunes,i could untirely back up everything on my iphone, as an image system. I read but not sure that xiaomi clouds could do it....
( Of course i can make a back up of files with usb but wanted to know,or search for an "image" back up of my Poco F2pro. )
options:
from the phone
1 / Xiaomi cloud
2 / backup on pc
but if you change rom sometimes the backup is not recognized.
With the pc:
3 / use MI PC Suite
https://c.mi.com/thread-2656146-1-0.html
the backup will work all the time but some application will not work (maps, google messages, bank ...).
With backups 1 and 3 you will recover 100% sure:
SMS, mms, call history, call recording.

Reactions: FrostStaff

FrostStaff

Oct 10, 2020
options:
from the phone
1 / Xiaomi cloud
2 / backup on pc
With the pc:
3 / use MI PC Suite
the backup will work all the time but some application will not work (maps, google messages, bank ...).
1- Do you know if with Mi PCSuite if you use it, keep your adb shell tweaking ? When you put your previous backup ...

2 - I didn't update my phone since Oct 2020, stick on 12.0.4 s many bugs report everywhere on the net. Do you know if i can updates system app ( got the notification for updates for both,Version MIUI & Apps System ) without updating the MIUI version 12.2.5 or i can have bugs. Are they inseparable.

Mi pc suite backup only:
photos,sms,mms,audio,thémes,call history,recordind calls,apps,contacts,video,documents,
black list,security,weather,settings,phone settings,clock,aod,app laucher.

No choice for the update. But after any update, it is best to reset the phone .Stock roms have bugs.

Unlock the bootloader then you will be free to install any roms(stock,beta,aosp,eu).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    options:
    from the phone
    1 / Xiaomi cloud
    2 / backup on pc
    With the pc:
    3 / use MI PC Suite