Severe battery drain on s10e. Any suggestions or solutions?

Search This thread

avEmonsta

Jul 9, 2016
I've been using the phone for two weeks now and the battery drain has gotten pretty horrible the past week. I charge the phone up to 100% and leave it off the charger as I go to sleep from 1am - 9am.

I wake up and my phone has 70% battery left with wifi/data off. [Battery drain](https://i.imgur.com/VkAcAqd.jpg) [Google battery drain](https://i.imgur.com/qjxMkN2.jpg)

Does anyone know what I can do? Is there an app with which I can check on what's draining my battery?

edwinlinkt

Mar 28, 2007
BSB
Check what apps are draining the battery

I've been using the phone for two weeks now and the battery drain has gotten pretty horrible the past week. I charge the phone up to 100% and leave it off the charger as I go to sleep from 1am - 9am.

I wake up and my phone has 70% battery left with wifi/data off. [Battery drain](https://i.imgur.com/VkAcAqd.jpg) [Google battery drain](https://i.imgur.com/qjxMkN2.jpg)

Does anyone know what I can do? Is there an app with which I can check on what's draining my battery?

You can check which apps is draining the battery.
Just go Setting, then search for "Device Care", then hit "Battery" -> Battery Usage :)

Last edited:

AB__CD

Apr 18, 2014
All S10 phones have a bug that is causing them to not deep sleep when screen is off, causing poor standby performance. This is caused everytime you receive a VoiP call, so after you receive one, just restart the phone. Being caused a proximity sensor bug.

nicholas64

Dec 21, 2014

Try to wipe disable Google app and check battery consumption. If problem persists, try to wipe cache from recovery and if necessary do a factory reset, 30% battery drain in a night without network connections is not normal. If all attempts fail better go to Samsung assistance to change the battery

Last edited:

Jedi Night

Jul 24, 2012
7hrs: 10% when sleep, wifi on. Not good but I think it is not too abnormal. I think, samsung still have a lot of bloatware!
But on screen I thnik is OK: 5-6h mixing, 3000mA battery on a strong SOC, it's normal. My back up Huawei GR5 2017, 3400mA, it is the same time!

abysstheking

Oct 11, 2011
Toronto
This solution was posted on the S10 forum and certainly helped me.

There's a bug that stops the phone from going into a deep sleep mode post making a call (audio/video) on apps like WhatsApp, Skype et al. The solution for the time being is to reboot the phone once before going to bed. I tried a lot of other things but had a ~2% hourly standby drain which reduced to <5% overnight after figuring out this solution. I have both WiFi and Bluetooth on at night.

You may try to play around with the battery saving tweaks in ONE UI but nothing worked as well as this has. Hopefully there'll be a more practical fix to this soon.

Cheers!

techhahn

Nov 1, 2012
India
View attachment 4730635

I tried to debug battery drain using Battery Historian. I noticed that the phone does go to Doze mode completely, but for some reason, CPU stays awake. I'm still new to the tool, will try to find out more about why CPU is kept awake all the time.
I get battery drain regardless I make any VoIP call.

Another issue I noticed is PUBG lags horribly on the phone. I tried different combinations of graphics settings, the game was still lagging.

maderos

Sep 24, 2011
Just tried pubg...hdr +ultra runs ok for me. No lags, maybe sometime stutters for a sec.

techhahn

Nov 1, 2012
India
Putting the phone on battery saver mode barely drains any juice (Medium Power Saving mode), seems like it's just a software issue and not hardware specific issue.
By the time Samsung releases any fix, we might have to live with this one.

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
Since the update this last day or so, my battery is lasting way better than previously.

What update? Can you share the info that came with it? My SM-G970U1 is still on Feb. 1, 2019 patch. Although I don't have any problems with battery drain, pulled out two screenshots lately, both over about 12hrs period, one was with cellular radios on and the other just an airplane mode:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190325-093823_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190325-093823_Settings.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 681
  • Screenshot_20190327-103138_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190327-103138_Settings.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 677

RiotRick

Sep 26, 2006
Netherlands
Got the March update. Exynos version. Battery drain seems a bit better at first glance. But it's not been long since the update. So not completely sure.

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
My Snapdragon S10e never gets less than 4 hours of SoT under the heaviest use (I am constantly messing with settings, installing\closing\uninstalling apps, etc etc)

If I use it "regularly" just browsing Reddit and such, with a normal phone signal, I get 6 to 9 hours every time.

I don't use dark mode until Sunset.

I leave NFC/Bluetooth/Location on at all times.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so, after a few days trying different stuff here's my temporary solution:

I was getting 3.5% per hour drain with screen off. Deep sleep of only 25% percent of the time. I disabled AOD, Double Tap to Wake and Lift to Wake. Now my phone sleeps like a baby. 0.5% per hour drain. I will enable each one of those one at a time, and see what happens.

G970U1 here btw
    Hi there :)
    Can i ask you from which site did you buy It from ?

Samsung's.

I have a discount through my company e-mail of 7% (you can get a .edu student email through some website and get the same discount).

I also traded in my Galaxy Note8 for $550 maximum value at the time.