Question Severe battery drain with low usage

Search This thread

7ewis

Dec 15, 2013
I've had my phone since launch and it seems like the battery life is getting worse and worse every week.

I'm not rooted, but have granted BBS and WLD perms via ADB to get some insight into what is happening. I don't really know what is wrong though, I've uploaded screenshots of every tab on both apps here:

On a full charge, in 8hrs it nearly full drained with only 3.5hrs screen on time (without anything overly intensive, no games etc.)

It looks like com.google.android.gms has a lot of alarms, but other than that I'm not really seeing too much wrong? At least info I can see without root :/

Anything I can do to try and improve it?

Samuel Holland

For me personally I've noticed our chip can be a hog, and for me it's usually when network is not the best.
I recommend the Omega kernel, I use the props magisk module w/ OnePlus 8 pro fingerprint to pass everything as far as root goes. I also use universal gms module which some may want to avoid due to a reminder or so possibly getting delayed.
If your bootloader is unlocked you could boot TWRP and flash that way if you don't want root;
It's just when there is a update I have to have the stock boot to OTA for US unlocked version.
I hope you get it figured out. I believe your on the right track and I've had some up and downs myself with the battery on our device.

Last edited: