• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SG3 Know Faults Thread

Search This thread

donovan2123

Nov 7, 2010
Few guys including me are having issues when using bluetooth. I.e. paired to in car bluetooth. It seems caller cant hear me even thou i can hear them clearly.

Another thing when bluetooth is connected even though you have the loudspeaker option on the phone when pressed it doesnt work. Surely this should be disabled option when connected to bluetooth if it doesnt work anyways?

LeviathanPT

Oct 11, 2010
Lisboa
Few guys including me are having issues when using bluetooth. I.e. paired to in car bluetooth. It seems caller cant hear me even thou i can hear them clearly.

Another thing when bluetooth is connected even though you have the loudspeaker option on the phone when pressed it doesnt work. Surely this should be disabled option when connected to bluetooth if it doesnt work anyways?

Could it be related to bt4.0 ?

donovan2123

Nov 7, 2010
It could be to do with that. We will have to wait and see when more people connect theres up to there car. Baring in mind the vehicle is fairly new as its a 61 plate merc sprinter 313

member68

May 24, 2010
Taken from my post at Reddit. Not just faults but also some annoyances.

After 3 days of testing I have a few things that bother me:

• When adding any app as a accessibility service (e.g. Lightflow), the Touchwiz Launcher will start telling you where you are right now, e.g. "Homescreen 3 of 5", "Opening folder". Can be fixed by using Apex or removing the app as an accessibility service.
  • Waking up the phone isn't always instant.
  • No USB storage mode, only MTP or PTP. You can't use the phone while transferring files.
  • Boot animations use Samsung's proprietary QMG format --> no custom boot animations for now
  • While you're in a call, sometimes you can't use your mobile data connection. Wifi works though.
  • Attaching headset/earphones shows various audio applications that can be launched in the notification area. These apps cannot be customized.
  • The accuweather widget has a maximum refresh time of one hour. Setting it to anything less than that is not possible. Also, it doesn't always update the current location.

Reactions: Shadamehr

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
www.androidaudiohacks.com
When adding any app as a accessibility service (e.g. Lightflow), the Touchwiz Launcher will start telling you where you are right now, e.g. "Homescreen 3 of 5", "Opening folder". Can be fixed by using Apex or removing the app as an accessibility service.

That's a known problem with ICS, had it on my Galaxy Nexus too!

Can anyone tell me what the speaker volume is like on the S3?

selze

Jun 1, 2012
Also having bluetooth issues. Paired my s3 to a 2 year old toyota RAV4 and the pairing work ok, however poeple can't hear me at all. Got to work this morning and paired with a new Hyundai ix35 and all work ok. Have got my RAV 4 booked in a toyota next week to see if theres a software upgrade for the stereo. I hope this can be rectified...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Aha....XDA to the rescue...
    And finally, a new fault, bug or issue of my own... Wi-fi...

Alas, it seems there's a major issue with the wi-fi in my SGS3... I switch my phone on, and it fires up, and sees and connects to my home wi-fi... But if I try and USE the net or data connection, it's a dog's dinner... If I run a Mobile Speed-test, I get a terrible ping, an average download speed of 0.02 Mbps, and then it times out three quarters through with a connection error.

It has done this since I got it Wednesday. However, I can confirm it is the PHONE, not my home wi-fi, as my Router is very new and mega-top end, and my three SGS2's are working absolutely fine on it. Moreover, if I pull the Notification Tray down on my SGS3, then disable Wi-fi, then pull back down, then re-enable, and then run the speed test again, I get great pings, 22Mbps Downlaod, and 5Mbs uplaod speed (my Home Internet is 100Mb).

So clearly pointing to an issue with the phone. It does this on both 2.4GHz, and 5Ghz, as my router is full dual channel, independent. Looks like either a faulted phone (hope not), or a fault in current Kernel of the software, which would be better, if a fix was forthcoming.

This bit is really bothering me though - a brand new device, and it's the only device in my home that has issues with connectivity and web.

Argh...

I think I might have a solution for this, I was having similar problems but found that if I disabled the Wifi Power Save Mode I was back to blazingly fast speeds and no dropped connections.

I had to go into Service Mode (dialling *#0011#) and hitting menu and selected Wifi and turning off the option for power save mode.

Give it a try.
    how about the button placement. First off, wish it had camera button. I don't know what the deal is with all the people freaking out about buttons. Oh gawd noes a home button. Well I like it and I liked my camera button on my Droid. Tactile = quicker, especially in situations you can't look e.g. a meeting, driving a car, holding stuff, etc.

But more bizarre is the placement of the power button. I always end up pressing volume, because to grip it and depress it, is tricky without doing so. For my hands anyway. I don't know why they didn't put it on the right side on the top? Or I don't know..some other way way perhaps could avoid this. Or perhaps my hands are just weird and different than most.

What does everyone else think about the side power button? Anyone else have this happen to them?
    Not sure if this is a hardware related or software but I have experienced randomly on numerous occasions the following effects on my screen...sometimes they go away by themselves or I need a reboot and its okay...I'm running latest Omega ROM (although I've experienced this on previous versions of this ROM too - not sure if there is any correlations?!)

Happens when you press the Home button multiple times? I think it's one of the ROMs feature. This is helpful when reading texts with bright background.