Few guys including me are having issues when using bluetooth. I.e. paired to in car bluetooth. It seems caller cant hear me even thou i can hear them clearly.
Another thing when bluetooth is connected even though you have the loudspeaker option on the phone when pressed it doesnt work. Surely this should be disabled option when connected to bluetooth if it doesnt work anyways?
After 3 days of testing I have a few things that bother me:
- When adding any app as a accessibility service (e.g. Lightflow), the Touchwiz Launcher will start telling you where you are right now, e.g. "Homescreen 3 of 5", "Opening folder". Can be fixed by using Apex or removing the app as an accessibility service.
- Waking up the phone isn't always instant.
- No USB storage mode, only MTP or PTP. You can't use the phone while transferring files.
- Boot animations use Samsung's proprietary QMG format --> no custom boot animations for now
- While you're in a call, sometimes you can't use your mobile data connection. Wifi works though.
- Attaching headset/earphones shows various audio applications that can be launched in the notification area. These apps cannot be customized.
- The accuweather widget has a maximum refresh time of one hour. Setting it to anything less than that is not possible. Also, it doesn't always update the current location.
Aha....XDA to the rescue...
And finally, a new fault, bug or issue of my own... Wi-fi...
Alas, it seems there's a major issue with the wi-fi in my SGS3... I switch my phone on, and it fires up, and sees and connects to my home wi-fi... But if I try and USE the net or data connection, it's a dog's dinner... If I run a Mobile Speed-test, I get a terrible ping, an average download speed of 0.02 Mbps, and then it times out three quarters through with a connection error.
It has done this since I got it Wednesday. However, I can confirm it is the PHONE, not my home wi-fi, as my Router is very new and mega-top end, and my three SGS2's are working absolutely fine on it. Moreover, if I pull the Notification Tray down on my SGS3, then disable Wi-fi, then pull back down, then re-enable, and then run the speed test again, I get great pings, 22Mbps Downlaod, and 5Mbs uplaod speed (my Home Internet is 100Mb).
So clearly pointing to an issue with the phone. It does this on both 2.4GHz, and 5Ghz, as my router is full dual channel, independent. Looks like either a faulted phone (hope not), or a fault in current Kernel of the software, which would be better, if a fix was forthcoming.
This bit is really bothering me though - a brand new device, and it's the only device in my home that has issues with connectivity and web.
Not sure if this is a hardware related or software but I have experienced randomly on numerous occasions the following effects on my screen...sometimes they go away by themselves or I need a reboot and its okay...I'm running latest Omega ROM (although I've experienced this on previous versions of this ROM too - not sure if there is any correlations?!)